• Most people probably don't realise this, but this forum has had two editors for a number of years. One is the xenForo default editor, and the other is a custom editor I made years back I called BBCEd.

All the settings for which editor you use was lost during the upgrade. You can find the setting under Account Settings > Preferences > Editor.

• I've had it made known to me that for about a week now people haven't been able to finish registering or receive email notifications. I can imagine how frustrating this must have been, particulary for our newest members. Unfortunately our site owner is away at the moment and he most likely won't be able to do anything about it for another week or so. Until then, anyone who wants their account manually verified can contact me via their method of preference and I'll sort it for them myself. Thanks to everyone for their patience regarding this issue. -DoubleThink

• Emails should hopefully be fixed, please let us know if they're working properly now.

MODCON 2019 (Cave Story Annual Modding Contest)

Nov 26, 2019 at 3:33 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Uh so this is on indefinite hiatus (AKA the competition is canceled). BLink dropped out and has privately made it clear he's no longer interested.... while being the sole manager of this competition with no backup. I think it's safe to assume that if this is picked up by someone else, the rules and deadline will most likely be different, and so this competition is effectively canceled.

If someone else wants to do something, go ahead I'm not aware of any other plans.
I'm just now seeing this for the first time, I'm sorry but what? I'm not that much of an ass to just get up and walk away with out saying anything to anybody about this contest that you guys have probably put a ton of hours into. how did this all start for me telling cold in DM "I don't think anybody is going to enter" and escalate to "lmao blinks canceling the contest"

Nov 26, 2019 at 3:44 AM
Professional-Idiot
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Hey guys, I'm terribly sorry, when I was speaking with Blink at the time, I had genuinely when he had said in a dm "I don't think anybody is entering", I had wrongly assumed it meant he was going to cancel the competition. So please, understand that this is my fault, and the competition is still going on!

Nov 26, 2019 at 3:35 PM
Best idol
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Tbh, I'd still be damned if anyone even enters the damn thing. Both me and Bionicobot dropped our entries after modding hell and moving on to game development.

Nov 27, 2019 at 5:22 AM
"Huzzah!"
I'll see if I can get something ready by the 31st. Afterwards, modfest!

Dec 31, 2019 at 1:40 PM
The TideWalker
Alright guys, it's December 31st, You all have about 18 hours and 20 minutes from the time of this post to have you submission submitted.

Godspeed.

Jan 1, 2020 at 4:45 PM
The God of Development Heaven
Modding Community Discord Admin
"Deaths: 4000"
I reminded everyone in the CSMC to submit mods.

For those who are unfamiliar, you can submit via this link.

If your mod is already on the site/CSMC then DM me on discord. I'm gonna pretend this is still open until BLink tells me to close it.

Jan 2, 2020 at 2:43 AM
The TideWalker
Alright, I'm gonna put a cap on it here guys. Thanks for submitting, and stay tuned.