Mod Story: Critiques from hell

Nov 22, 2012 at 5:41 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
Officially no, but most likely yes. I basically need to be resssured that my time isn't being wasted. I'm sure you understand. I have to make a whole new permission dorm now too.

Nov 22, 2012 at 9:59 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I would like to heavily stress that you must have plans to improve upon and continue making your mod before asking that it be recorded.

I'm just going to remind you that I never originally asked for my mod to be recorded (you came to me), and that I agreed to and didn't break the original 3 terms you gave me.

Nov 22, 2012 at 3:51 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Carrotlord's Mod Entry Application for the Sake of Science, Fun, and Profit
1. Mod Name: The Witching Hour
2. Gameplay Length: Long, according to DT.
3. Why do you want this: I would like actual criticism from somebody who really does care about modding and the entire Cave Story community.
4. Do you plan to continue the mod for another significant release: Yes, definitely.
5. Will you take advice and jokes seriously / thoughtfully: Certainly. Give me all you've got.
6. How do you blanket: I will get a nice person I know to hug other people. Or I shall kotatsu like a total nerd / Japan lover.

Nov 22, 2012 at 6:01 PM
I don't anymore.
I'm just going to remind you that I never originally asked for my mod to be recorded (you came to me), and that I agreed to and didn't break the original 3 terms you gave me.
It was a mistake on my part.

Nov 22, 2012 at 7:34 PM
Melon Lord
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I really hope other people let your review their mods Matt (like CarrotLord up there), it gives me more ideas and info while being entertaining at the same time. Heck, I might even have you review my first go on modding to see if I made a good first impression and how I can make even better mods.

Nov 22, 2012 at 7:36 PM
The Eternal Darkness
I dunno if I'm allowed to pick multiple of my mods, but just to be safe, I'll pick only one.
Better safe than sorry, after all.

HyMyNameIsMatt said:
1. Name of your mod?
Shane's Cave Story - Episode 1

HyMyNameIsMatt said:
2. It's general length. (By DT's system of short, medium, long, extra long.)
... Long? Extra long? Somewhere around there; I don't know how long DoubleThink would describe it as, although it's supposed to be extra long.
Maybe that's why I placed all the fake walls there, that I have yet to fix, until someone helps me. (Which will take quite some time)

HyMyNameIsMatt said:
3. Why do you want this?
I would like actual criticism from somebody who really does care about modding and the entire Cave Story community, and I promise not to cancel the mod if most of it is negative, because that would just be childish and irresponsible (in my opinion).

HyMyNameIsMatt said:
4. Do you plan to continue creating the mod for at least another significant release?
Well, of course! The final area has yet to be implemented and the current final boss is glitched (because it uses Transformed Misery's AI).
Besides, if I don't finish it then I can't work on Shane's Cave Story Episode 2, 3, 4 and 5!
(Yes, I plan to have a mod with four sequels. This is as a result of the time I had no electricity for four weeks, and I had to keep myself busy otherwise I'd go insane.)

HyMyNameIsMatt said:
5. Will you, even if you disagree, take the advice and jokes given seriously and thoughtfully?
I'll take everything seriously, although it may get me in trouble like when I was relatively new here and didn't even know what an Internet troll was. Ask DoubleThink, he probably remembers.
The only problem is, I'll take the jokes seriously as well. I have absolutely no sense of humor. :/

HyMyNameIsMatt said:
6. How do you blanket?
... I'm afraid I don't understand the question... :(
Sorry.

Nov 22, 2012 at 9:45 PM
Not anymore
In other words, do you like to have regular blankets or some foreign quilt thing that has an electric heater in it and goes on top of a table?

Nov 22, 2012 at 9:49 PM
I don't anymore.
The question has many meanings. And no real true answer.

Nov 22, 2012 at 9:57 PM
The Eternal Darkness
Oh.
Well, I hate blankets, because I dislike heat.
I prefer the cold. Much easier for me to focus and concentrate.

... Especially in the Winter, and it's not Winter in South Africa. :/

I guess I'll add a 2nd mod... if I'm allowed to, but I'd rather do it now before I forget...

1. Name of my mod: Cave Story Re:coded
2. Its general length: Probably short-medium?
3. Why I want this: I would like actual criticism from somebody who really does care about modding and the entire Cave Story community, and I promise not to cancel the mod if most of it is negative, because that would just be childish and irresponsible (in my opinion).
4. Do I plan to continue creating the mod for at least another significant release? Yes I do. Especially because the Twinblades have to be fixed.
5. Will I, even if I disagree, take the advice and jokes given seriously and thoughtfully? I'll try to take everything seriously and not too serious.
6. How do I blanket? ... The answer's outside the spoiler.

Nov 25, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Mrs. Policewoman
1. Mod Name: Curly's Adventure!
2. Gameplay Length: Not sure, but I think it would be short/medium.
3. Why do you want this: I want some constructive criticism from people who haven't already given me some.
4. Do you plan to continue the mod for another significant release: Yes.
5. Will you take advice and jokes seriously / thoughtfully: Of course.
6. How do you blanket: I usually sleep on top of a duvet, and never actually use it as a blanket.

Nov 26, 2012 at 2:24 AM
I don't anymore.
I might want to do a short one...

Thanks for all these submissions. I'm really happy to see people take into this kinda stuff. I'll do my best to be Swift with this one. If for any reason I can't, I have an idea for another pro modding vid I can do.

Nov 26, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Not anymore
Glad to see you doing this.