Mod community..... future general thingy

Do you want any of the features mentioned implemented?

• Total voters
Nov 2, 2015 at 8:13 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Something else to consider regarding modding CS+: You can't just run the EXE of the Steam version by itself, because it depends on Steam.

Also, I think a Google Documents spreadsheet would be a good start for the ORG database.

Lastly, if you have any questions about ASM modding you could try asking me, although my knowledge of assembly itself is somewhat limited.

Nov 5, 2015 at 1:13 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Nov 5, 2015 at 2:08 AM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
I'll take anything at this point

Articles would definitively be useful for mod pages but anything is helpful.

Nov 5, 2015 at 3:29 AM
"Huzzah!"
It's not entirely modding, but would you like me to put up pages on CS's file formats/important hacks? It's more related to how the game functions rather than general-purpose modding, but it might be helpful to some. I've already got it all in the plaintext on my website, I'd just have to copy/paste with some edits.

Nov 5, 2015 at 4:56 AM
It's not entirely modding, but would you like me to put up pages on CS's file formats/important hacks? It's more related to how the game functions rather than general-purpose modding, but it might be helpful to some. I've already got it all in the plaintext on my website, I'd just have to copy/paste with some edits.
I think I'd need to edit it afterwards, unless you'd like me to do it beforehand.

Nov 5, 2015 at 12:35 PM
"Huzzah!"
I think I'd need to edit it afterwards, unless you'd like me to do it beforehand.
I don't think there's really anything for you to edit, unless you find that some of the info is outdated (I got some info from SP's guide from when Sue's was in development). Or if you know anything about PXE - is entity count two or four bytes? There are two zeroes in every PXE after two bytes of entity count, and I'm not sure if they're always two zeroes or if they continue entity count (I can't make over 200 million entities).

Nov 5, 2015 at 4:17 PM
Mint Online
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Nov 5, 2015 at 4:54 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
I want

Basic modding guides (like how to use boosters Lab and TSC)
and other stuff like using olly ect. Anything and everything related to modding.

Also a detailed Guide on making ORGS would be nice.

what's wrong with wikia?

Nov 5, 2015 at 5:06 PM
Mint Online
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
what's wrong with wikia?
Partly because I find Mediawiki easier to browse through, and something about it which I can't explain just makes it feel better to me.
Also, Wikia has a huge amount of ads and sometimes need more CPU for a unknown reason(I mostly noticed this sometimes on my phone, haven't tested it on your wiki though).
It's just my opinion, and wikia sounds cheaper ad maybe easier to run though, so don't go feeling bad now.

Nov 5, 2015 at 6:58 PM
I think maybe I should make my own modding wiki.

Nov 5, 2015 at 8:03 PM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
This probably doesn't relate to much, but there is a Cave Story Wiki on Wikia, known for being really poor in quality. I've heard of people who have tried to create another wiki because it wasn't salvageable, but such plans don't seem to have surfaced. Duplicate wikis aren't usually that good for traffic. It's a team project; I'd say it's more viable to just work on the one that BLink started unless there are outstanding reasons that Wikia should not be used as a platform(?) (but I've been on Wikia for five years and haven't noticed anything wrong with it?)

Also a detailed Guide on making ORGS would be nice.
Do you mean a guide on how to work ORG Maker or a more general guide on how to get the best out of composing in ORG?

Nov 5, 2015 at 11:22 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I could possibly host a CS modding wiki with whatever software y'all would like, DokuWiki is a personal favorite of mine to use.

Nov 6, 2015 at 5:56 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
The fact that I have to click the arrow next to "Edit" and choose classic editor because using the default one returns a 503 error whenever I want to publish :p
what is wrong with the classic editor?

Nov 6, 2015 at 9:55 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
I think this wiki is a really good idea. It would be great to have all of the important modding information in one place. I am going to try to contribute to this whenever I can, so I started off with a simple "replacing ORGs in Cave Story" page. Please take a look and let me know if it's good, as this is my first wiki page of any kind. Oh yeah, and for some reason the pictures are kinda weird about being resized because they get all pixelated when you try to enlarge them. Not sure if there's a way to remedy that.

Also, if this really starts to take off, I think an individual thread specifically for this wiki would be useful for discussion.