MMX

Sep 15, 2013 at 7:35 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
http://imgur.com/gHMEWeO

I am currently making a mod simply called "X". I saw someone who was already creating a Mega Man mod, so I thought I'd create one for Mega Man X instead. I'm only planning as of right now to finish textures for my mod before I do major scripting. So far, I have created the character sprites completely, along with all of the weapons. I have done most of the work on the bullet bitmap, which is taking quite some time still. But I have the Blade and Polar Star weapons mostly completed, which in the demo are renamed X Saber and X Buster.

http://imgur.com/rOTrJIx

The X Saber, at level two, functions as a slashing weapon. This took a lot of time to create, as I had limited frames to work with. While pointed up and down, however, it looks very jagged and incomplete, as an up-slash I cannot code in nor draw in. At level three, the X Saber is more of a stabbing weapon. I find level 3 to be the most fun to use.

http://imgur.com/IpwDn0M

The X Buster may be the most simple weapon, but it is effective. At level three, if you hit an enemy perfectly, it can do 8 damage as opposed to 4. I'll probably reduce it to 6, but I do plan on making this mod quite difficult, so I am undecided right now.

I also created a custom tileset using graphics ripped from Mega Man X2. I switched the labyrinth's tiles with these icy ones, mostly because I haven't found any other ripped graphics yet.

If you'd like to try out the demo, here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hpxiobgjnvdvxnl/X.zip

Sep 15, 2013 at 2:20 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Well, that was interesting. I really liked the graphics and the face for X. I also noticed a few other things like that Curly was turned into Zero and Red Demon was turned into "something I don't know what it is with one eye probably from Megaman X which I didn't play." But anyway, nice job! I really liked the different weapons and stuff, and I hope this mod gets finished one day (and by that I mean doesn't get abandoned because I don't want to sound negative)

Sep 15, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I've been neglecting newly-posted mods for a while :( This is as good a chance as any to start catching up on the newer end of the subforum, because realistically I'm not going to burn through five years' worth of content in any hurry.

Mini notes for a mini mod:
-I like the choice of tileset, but the character graphic is rather awkward. It would look better if his legs at least crossed over while running, though I can understand the lack of pixels to work with.
-The weapon edits are functional enough (though if you really don't want players using the level 1 X Saber you could try knocking its damage right down) and the altered boss arena has potential, but at the moment it's pretty safe to sit up on the block in the middle and spam him from there.

Sep 15, 2013 at 4:37 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
DoubleThink said:
I've been neglecting newly-posted mods for a while :( This is as good a chance as any to start catching up on the newer end of the subforum, because realistically I'm not going to burn through five years' worth of content in any hurry.
Mini notes for a mini mod:
-I like the choice of tileset, but the character graphic is rather awkward. It would look better if his legs at least crossed over while running, though I can understand the lack of pixels to work with.
-The weapon edits are functional enough (though if you really don't want players using the level 1 X Saber you could try knocking its damage right down) and the altered boss arena has potential, but at the moment it's pretty safe to sit up on the block in the middle and spam him from there.
I'll try to work out the awkwardness that you have described as soon as possible. I had originally made the second walking sprite look like his legs were indeed crossed, like in the looking down sprite. I shall reduce the damage for the level one X Saber, as you said. I honestly expected this kind of reaction to that one... I never really liked the level one saber. Also, I don't even plan on keeping this stage, as it is mostly intended for testing, so the boss arena is going to be cut anyway.

Thatnamelessguy said:
Well, that was interesting. I really liked the graphics and the face for X. I also noticed a few other things like that Curly was turned into Zero and Red Demon was turned into "something I don't know what it is with one eye probably from Megaman X which I didn't play." But anyway, nice job! I really liked the different weapons and stuff, and I hope this mod gets finished one day (and by that I mean doesn't get abandoned because I don't want to sound negative)

Actually, that cyclops is a sprite that's been in the game. Pixel just never used it.
And thank you! I appreciate feedback, positive and negative. Don't worry, this mod will NOT get abandoned.