Mister Little death aftermath

Jul 7, 2013 at 1:22 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
So after finding Mister Little, he remains in your inventory, until you either take him back to his house in the Outer Wall, or you beat the game and take him from the island. But, if Quote dies, lets say in The Blood Stained Sanctuary/Hell, will be be stuck there? In a previous theory I had, quote and the other Robots have a self destruct sequence to protect their technology, from the war. But the explosion is only to destroy the robots body, and not enough to do any damage to someone (like the enemies who make contact when they attack). So Mister Little wouldn't be hurt, but would be stuck in Hell where he could easily be killed. It's kind of scary and saddening picturing the other Littles waiting for him to come back while he struggles to escape Hell even though it is impossible. Sure he could even get stuck in another dungeon like the grasslands or Egg corridor but even then he could still get killed in the process of trying to get back to his house. Although that also makes me wonder how he got to the Graveyard in Mimiga village in the first place.

So what do you think? Is Mister Little defenseless in these senarios or could he survive?

Jul 7, 2013 at 1:25 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The butes take him
They take him
And they
SACRIFICE HIM
TO
THE
DEMON
OF
PROGRESS

Jul 7, 2013 at 3:52 AM
Banned
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
One of X-calibar's old theories about save points suggested that upon death, a doomed offshoot was created from the main timeline of the game, since it couldn't be possible for quote NOT to succeed. The alpha Little would have no idea what happened, not noticing a difference at all. The doomed Little would be forced to fight his way out, and even assuming he made it, the Enraged Mimigas would most likely begin to spill out of the plantation and brutally murder anyone in their path. Kazuma shows no knowledge of the Little family, suggesting they would be left behind to be torn apart in the bloody onslaught.

Or they would all be fine because Mr.Little didn't take any damage in the cemetery.

Jul 7, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Based Member
There are many things in Cave Story that are made a certain way and are clearly so simply because Cave Story is a video game, and only logically exist the way they do for this type of media. Such as the Execution Chamber, the hidden passage in Curly's bedroom, etc. Despite this, we often discuss possible back stories for them in an attempt to give a logical explanation on why they exist and how they were formed, and are against dismissing such theories as over thinking the matter and missing the point that some things were made simply to fit the gaming medium. Generally, I agree with discussing such things and delving into their inner meaning. But I do not feel the same way for save points. I feel they do not serve as a plot device at all, and are simply for player purposes. In the canon Cave Story universe, I believe that Quote makes it through the whole thing without dying once. The only canonical events that transpire in the Cave Story universe in my book are those that lead to the three different endings. Alternate paths of Quote dying in the Sacred Grounds or being overwhelmed by some other enemy are not things which I would say qualify as canon, making this whole topic moot as far as I'm concerned.

Jul 7, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Banned
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
HaydenStudios said:
Alternate paths of Quote dying in the Sacred Grounds or being overwhelmed by some other enemy are not things which I would say qualify as canon, making this whole topic moot as far as I'm concerned.
But but that's why they aren't canon. Alpha Quote makes it through the game without dying. Any player death is a doomed offshoot.

Jul 7, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Based Member
bobbyis said:
Alternate paths of Quote dying in the Sacred Grounds or being overwhelmed by some other enemy are not things which I would say qualify as canon, making this whole topic moot as far as I'm concerned.
But but that's why they aren't canon. Alpha Quote makes it through the game without dying. Any player death is a doomed offshoot.
My thoughts exactly. Although for some reason your wording seems to imply that you think I don't agree with you.

Jul 8, 2013 at 1:40 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
In my opinion, the chance of Mister Little surviving in any environment is highly unlikely, buuuut not impossible.

If Quote dies, Mister Little would either die with him or be left in whatever place Quote died at.

The fact that Mr. Little survived in the Mimiga Graveyard suggests that he may be able to fend on his own, although he appears helpless once Quote finds him.

This is as far as I think regarding this.