MiraiGamer.Net Forums Reopened!

Dec 28, 2008 at 5:32 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
I'm happy to announce that the MG.Net forums have now been reopened to the public. Thanks for being patient during the downtime. The forums have been upgraded to version 3.7.4 from the previous version of 3.0.7 courtesy of andwhyisit floating the bill for the upgrade. There are eventual plans to possibly restructure the forums, add some new styles or mods, but for now we can at least be a little safer from the constant spam-bot attacks now that we have a "ReCaptcha" dual-word verification system, a Wordpress Anti-Spam key, and a plug-in called "NoSpam!" which allows us to make our own logic questions for new user registrations. This should significantly limit our spammers.

Also, I'm proud to announce that andwhyisit has been made an administrator here at MG.Net. I know he will (and already has) make a great addition to our forum team.

Enjoy!

-SkyeWelse

Dec 28, 2008 at 9:44 AM
Source Splicer, 2nd Class
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Huzzah! MGF recieves an epic gift from the staff!

It's great to read the news about the forum returning & Andwhyisit's 2nd big promotion, let alone the fact that Dimenofff the spambot can't send any more rookie bots at us! What a great Christmas present our forums recieved!

I started trying out the new features, as well (Most notably, the Picture Albums, even though it's no replacement for Photobucket, but still...).

Dec 28, 2008 at 5:41 PM
/end
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Very nice upgrade, one that was needed badly.

I can see there are still a few things that need to be ironed out (like some buttons missing on some of the skins), but I sure that will all be fixed soon enough.

Dec 29, 2008 at 12:52 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
It looks exactly the same except totally different! On the plus side, it doesn't seem to be logging me out all the time anymore, which is nice.
Thank you both for this ;_;