MineZ

Jul 24, 2012 at 12:02 AM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
So I'm sure you've all heard of the DayZ mod for Arma II, yes? Well, Minecraft has jumped on the bandwagon.
MineZ is a set of PvP zombie themed survival servers in a massive premade world. You spawn with a set of basic gear and set off to explore the world in hunt for food, water, and better gear. It's got all sorts of crazy custom terrain that's beyond the default world gen and lots of unique cities and outposts, so it's pretty great and stuff yeah

If you play, I'd highly suggest this minimap mod, which lets you set waypoints and mark any interesting landmarks you may find. It's recognized and allowed by the developers, so no, you're not cheating.

It's also still in beta and updates on a daily basis, so look for posts that say "developer" on the reddit for any patch notes.

http://www.reddit.com/r/MineZ/
http://www.minez.net/

If anyone would like to join me come find me on IRC, there's a lot of strength in numbers here and I can take us to some of the nicer spots for items I've found.

Jul 24, 2012 at 3:07 AM
CARLSOOOOOON AAAAND PEEEEETERSSSSSS!
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Oh, minecraft... so close, yet... so far

Oct 20, 2012 at 10:09 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Good god, a friend at school was talking about DayZ every day, when he said there was a Minecraft mod it had my attention.

I may download this soon >_>.

Oct 20, 2012 at 10:29 PM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I forgot about this thread!
I also haven't played it in ages, I'm sure it's got lots of lovely new stuff by now.

And Tale_Zero, you don't needa download anything, just connect to the servers on a vanilla Minecraft clinet. IT'S THAT EASY *Billy Mays smile*

Oct 21, 2012 at 9:38 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
MineZ constantly improves but man oh man it's frustrating. If they would make spawn a bit less random or just make it easier to play with others it'd be a really good mod. Now it's a bit frustrating. Probably also because since resources are SO limited for the amount of people, literally everyone wants you dead. Makes me never want to play anymore.

Oct 21, 2012 at 11:39 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
IT'S THAT EASY!? You have no idea how dumb I feel right now.

Oct 22, 2012 at 2:07 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
We actually are doing a MineZ machinima series. Kinda showcases he best moments of the mod. The server owners are really awesome people. :D