Minecraft Cave Story Texture Pack

Mar 28, 2014 at 2:39 AM
Off-screen redemption arc
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
First of all, I would like to say that I would've posted this in the forum titled 'Minecraft' it the last post weren't almost a year old. That being said, here is the texture pack:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2051622-32x-cave-story-resource-pack/
It is awesome! The only bad thing to be said about it is the lack of mob textures, but it is really all you need to make your own Cave Story worlds! You can achieve maximum MCS by using OrgView while you play.

Mar 28, 2014 at 4:33 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Goodness, has no one replied yet?...

Oh well. Your textures look pretty nice, all high-defy. I'm not sure changing the Minecraft logo to Cave Story is necessary, but hey. Maybe you could make the Wooden Sword into Toroko's stick, and make the Iron Sword or something into the blade? That'd be neat, but I can see why you wouldn't do it since there aren't enough melee weapons in Cave Story to replace every one. =o

I like how you changed the Eyes of Ender to the Press eyes, very clever ;)

All in all, good work so far. I'd try this out if I had Minecraft, but I'm sure people will appreciate it anyway!

Mar 28, 2014 at 11:19 PM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I love this texture pack its amazing! Also I agree that there should be changes in the weapons to show our beloved weapons we've come to know and love over the years. Over all its amazing, nice texture pack.

Mar 29, 2014 at 1:06 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
ColdCallerloppy said:
Also I agree that there should be changes in the weapons to show our beloved weapons we've come to know and love over the years.
Except...assuming you're talking about my post, reading a little more closely will reveal that I don't think there will or should be changes to the weapons. Most of "our beloved weapons" are guns, after all...they don't translate very well to swords, I think. At best, they could all be recolored Blade-esque sprites or something...

Mar 29, 2014 at 5:38 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Nice texture pack!
I really like all the different sounds there are and how... well, Cave Story-esqe it feels.
Also... Is this supposed to happen?
(I'm thinking it's because I selected the Better Grass option so it's just making it look weird.)

Mar 29, 2014 at 11:18 PM
Off-screen redemption arc
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Oh, sorry if I implied that I created this. No, credit for all of this goes to a guy who is not me, called Gahshunk.

Mar 30, 2014 at 2:08 AM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
ThatPortalGuy said:
Oh, sorry if I implied that I created this. No, credit for all of this goes to a guy who is not me, called Gahshunk.

You could've said that in the first place

Mar 30, 2014 at 3:50 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Or he could just not bother posting it at all and you wouldn't find it as easily in the first place
It's important to credit source material but sometimes you forget/don't realize which is why this conversation exists