Mimiga Animation

Should the story be divided into 2 parts? Episode one ending with a cliffhanger...

• Yes

• No

• Don't Care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 13, 2015 at 12:55 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Alright. That was interesting. So hey somerandomguy im going to need your email so i can share the scripts.

Oct 13, 2015 at 1:11 AM
"Forever coffee..."
Sure. Keep in mind that I originally joined the forums with a junk email address and a stupid username to mess around, so I'll probably make a more dedicated one just for this.
billbillbillbill123123321321@gmail.com

Oct 13, 2015 at 4:21 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Alrighty i shared all three scripts with you. You can find them in your google drive

Oct 13, 2015 at 8:53 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
In my opinion the best way to learn Japanese is to get a Japanese dictionairy (there are apps and websites) and look up words you would use in English and find someone who also wants to learn Japanese and use Japanese words frequently in conversation with them.

This seems like a very cheap solution but also a very very wrong solution. 2 people talking to each other using only a dictionary in a language they know nothing about is just going to result in poor grammar and/or your own made-up language, basically.

Case in point:
おろかがいじんちゃん。

As far as I can tell, what you're trying to say here is "foolish is the foreigner", but what you're actually saying is "foolish is foreigner", that is, you're not saying "the foreigner is foolish" but saying "the foolish", as a thing in of itself, is a foreigner? It doesn't really make sense. Also doesn't help that foolish is normally an adjective. And gaijin is a better word for foreigner.
Okay I misread that (was reading as "oroka ga ijin-chan" instead of "oroka gaijin-chan", the latter making a lot more sense), but you're still missing the "na" on your adjective (should be "oroka na gaijin-chan"). Also you should really be using kanji, since pure hiragana is kind of hard to read.

If you're going to learn Japanese I would strongly recommend you talk to/interact with people who actually use the language, or at least read things written by native Japanese.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2015 at 10:20 PM
"Forever coffee..."
This seems like a very cheap solution but also a very very wrong solution. 2 people talking to each other using only a dictionary in a language they know nothing about is just going to result in poor grammar and/or your own made-up language, basically.

Case in point:

As far as I can tell, what you're trying to say here is "foolish is the foreigner", but what you're actually saying is "foolish is foreigner", that is, you're not saying "the foreigner is foolish" but saying "the foolish", as a thing in of itself, is a foreigner? It doesn't really make sense. Also doesn't help that foolish is normally an adjective. And gaijin is a better word for foreigner.

If you're going to learn Japanese I would strongly recommend you talk to/interact with people who actually use the language, or at least read things written by native Japanese.
Well, I don't know any Japanese people, but I'll see what I can do.

Anyway, Aeternum, the scripts look okay in my opinion but I don't really understand in what direction the plot is moving. You also added three characters and I can't really tell what their personalities are. Also, I think what you're trying to do is make a spin-off or a sequel, and I was under the impression you were making the original story in anime form. Is there some ultimate goal everyone is trying to achieve? And in the Cave Story timeline is this before or after K & T die? I see them in the scripts, but without visuals it's kind of hard to get exactly what's going on. Carefully analyzing and reading the scripts is something I can't do in a weekday, because it'd take too long, so please try to give me a bit of a rough idea as to what's happening. Also, I'd like to see what kind of animation we're working with. Do you have anything finished?

Oct 13, 2015 at 10:48 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
It's a sequel. The following link should help explain the goal of the series, and the base of it. We don't have any animation as of yet. We do have some concept art of the first scene though.I'll attach it. Have you read all the episodes? The Order is Aura of the Storm,Subsequentiality, and Reconciliation.

http://mimigastudios.weebly.com/about.html

Attachments

• promo1 (1).jpg
    promo1 (1).jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 9
Oct 14, 2015 at 1:22 AM
"Forever coffee..."
Okay this is not really related to the script but an idea anyway.
I had an epiphany for something that could possibly make its way into the series.
Keep in mind this is more of a concept, but it could have potential for a dramatic scene and/or character building.
Any feedback of it (am I good at this?) is much appreciated.

Oct 14, 2015 at 2:44 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Looking at all of this Japanese stuff makes me glad that I chose to learn Spanish

Oct 14, 2015 at 2:51 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Looking at all of this Japanese stuff makes me glad that I chose to learn Spanish
Actually, learning to speak Japanese would probably be easier if you learned Spanish prior. I believe the vowel pronunciations are the same in both languages.

Oct 14, 2015 at 2:57 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Anyways. I did enjoy that document. I think Aura could fit the role of mimiga. Im still trying to think of plot around it. One being that the guy is good and one where hes actually evil

Oct 15, 2015 at 9:39 PM
"Forever coffee..."
This just needs to be in the series somehow. It just does.

Oct 16, 2015 at 4:29 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I do enjoy this. We could use this as background for some scenes but we'd need permission from the artist first. I really like this song. Thank you for showing it to me!

Oct 16, 2015 at 9:48 PM
"Forever coffee..."
I do enjoy this. We could use this as background for some scenes but we'd need permission from the artist first. I really like this song. Thank you for showing it to me!

Np.

Oct 18, 2015 at 8:48 PM
"Forever coffee..."
So how's the animation going?
Also, how much free time does everyone here have to allocate to this? Most weekends I'm free, and my god I have brainstormed way too much about this.

Oct 19, 2015 at 3:22 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Id love to hear your ideas!i work nights but still have time

Oct 19, 2015 at 2:33 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Awesome! Is your other animation online? I'd love a link!

Oct 19, 2015 at 7:56 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Interesting