MEME RUN For Wii U

Dec 24, 2014 at 4:21 AM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
It's a game made to be like people play just to see how bad it is. A great, yet unfavored, buisness move. I think...

Dec 24, 2014 at 4:35 PM
Off-screen redemption arc
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
It works short-term. Long-term, people get bored because it beats its one joke long past death.

Jan 26, 2015 at 10:11 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Ladies and gentlemen, MEME RUN has been UPDATED!

Yes, I am just as surprised as you are. I was certainly not expecting this. I mean, why would you want to update perfectly good MEMES? And yes, this update is actually more than just bugfixes and patching up the technical aspects. As a matter of fact, there are NO bugfixes or technical patches to speak of, only new content. In other words, you can't have your cake and eat it too, because that would be ridiculous! Damn. So if they spent all of their time putting their hard work into brand spankin' new content and nothing else, it's gotta be good, right?!?

First, I need to get this out of the way:
Silverpaw19 said:
Is Bigley actually in it? I need to know.
YES! Bigley is now in the game! The classic MEME RUN experience is selectable by pressing 'X' like you always could, but now if you press 'B' on the main menu, you can access Bigley Mode! It doesn't actually give you any indication that you can access this mode, so if you're not a giant nerdy meme like I am you won't be able to find it. But hey, it's secret content, so why am I complaining?

To give this update the attention it deserves, I have taken some screenshots and posted a little bit of what I think about it. Let's begin. As we start the and game Bigley begins to walk, we can see some very humorous differences compared to the main mode:
diph.php
Ha. Haha! Do you see the background? They are MEMES of MEME RUN!! THOSE ARE THE FUNNIEST KINDS OF MEMES!!!!! Sorry, but I am just unable to control myself in the presence of such a wittily crafted backdrop. Now, you may be saying to yourself, is that it? Of course not! Bigley controls differently as well. The most noticeable difference is that the physics are much floatier in this mode. If you need a comparison, I liken it to the tight and satisfying grace of our very own Cave Story's jump physics. Oh yes, I went there. But oh man, are there any more memes? I mean, Bigley and self referential meme scenery is cool and all, but my craving for the funnies just can't be nourished. Well, you're in luck:
diph.php
They modified the Intervention from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 into an artistic rendition of said sniper rifle! This was clearly not to avoid legal trouble, as making MS Paint pictures is a meme in and of itself. I can't think of any other reason. If you can and think it looks worse then you are just a hater who doesn't deserve to be fortunate enough to be in the presence of meme culture. That's really all there is to it. Another great, fantastic, superb, brilliant, and amazing feature that this addition brings to the table is the ability to lose sight of your character more often. Now, you may be a h8r and say that it just makes the game more needlessly difficult, but if that is the case then I have something to tell you:
p191077-2-notsureifgayorjustgay.jpg
With that out of the way, here is a screenshot that does a good job of summing up my feelings for this new update:
diph.php
Where to begin? For starters, all of the classic memes are returning, so if you're a casual memer who thinks that the old memes are superior to new memes, do not worry. All is fine. Also, it's difficult to make out in the image, but I have an inkling that the screen shakes much longer than it did before (and more vigorously, but I'm not positive). Money also rains down more than it did before. What does this mean? The frequency of memes is greater than ever before! This also means it's easier to lose track of where you are and you'll die more often. But this is good, because it allows for more entertainment options. Essentially, if you're getting bored of playing MEME RUN, you can just watch MEME RUN instead. It's like TV, but with memes.

Finally, to cap off this amazing journey through the land of memes, I leave you with this:
diph.php
It's my score, measured meticulously in SWAG Points. Do you dare beat it? Impossible, I have all the memes.

Jan 27, 2015 at 5:34 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Tpcool said:
Ladies and gentlemen, MEME RUN has been UPDATED!

Yes, I am just as surprised as you are. I was certainly not expecting this. I mean, why would you want to update perfectly good MEMES? And yes, this update is actually more than just bugfixes and patching up the technical aspects. As a matter of fact, there are NO bugfixes or technical patches to speak of, only new content. In other words, you can't have your cake and eat it too, because that would be ridiculous! Damn. So if they spent all of their time putting their hard work into brand spankin' new content and nothing else, it's gotta be good, right?!?

First, I need to get this out of the way:
YES! Bigley is now in the game! The classic MEME RUN experience is selectable by pressing 'X' like you always could, but now if you press 'B' on the main menu, you can access Bigley Mode! It doesn't actually give you any indication that you can access this mode, so if you're not a giant nerdy meme like I am you won't be able to find it. But hey, it's secret content, so why am I complaining?

To give this update the attention it deserves, I have taken some screenshots and posted a little bit of what I think about it. Let's begin. As we start the and game Bigley begins to walk, we can see some very humorous differences compared to the main mode:
diph.php
While it's nice to see Bigley in, the creator of Bigley, Jaden, said he did not wan't Bigley in the game.
He was put in anyway.
Fantastic.
Plus, the original concept drawing of Bigley had to be redone. They screwed it up.

Oh and by the way,
Finally, to cap off this amazing journey through the land of memes, I leave you with this:
diph.php
It's my score, measured meticulously in SWAG Points. Do you dare beat it? Impossible, I have all the memes.
p191078-2-hp2et0v.jpg

Jan 27, 2015 at 8:58 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
duncathan said:
no he was playing bigley mode your score doesn't count
Fine.
p191080-0-ebiheli.jpg

Jan 28, 2015 at 2:45 AM
Tpcool said:
if i play this any more i'm going to throw up my internals
diph.php
I refuse to be beaten at meme trash.
p191082-1-meeovac.jpg

Jan 28, 2015 at 2:52 AM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I'm sure there are people who could make it to 1500, but there's a big problem stopping people from doing that. MEME RUN is currently exclusive to the Wii U, which means that only those who have one can play this wonderful, fantastic game.
However, with your help, all of that could change.
That's right, MEME RUN is now on Steam Greenlight, and with your help, we can get this masterpiece onto Steam so millions more can play it.
Here is a link to the page, and I encourage you all to vote for it.

Jan 28, 2015 at 2:55 AM
duncathan said:
can anyone make it to 1500?
I was lucky this round.
p191085-0-ao0cgar.jpg
Since I don't have a capturing device, I have to post these screenshots to Miiverse, spamming my followers. This is my last one for the night.

Jan 28, 2015 at 3:04 AM
you do know you can just upload wii u screenshots on the browser right
i don't even have a wii u and i know this

Jan 28, 2015 at 3:05 AM
Thatnamelessguy said:
you do know you can just upload wii u screenshots on the browser right
i don't even have a wii u and i know this
I actually didn't know that.
Thanks I guess.

Jan 29, 2015 at 8:11 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
diph.php
if i have to get any higher than this i may consider killing myself

Jan 29, 2015 at 10:39 PM
you probably would have to be pretty high to get a score like that

Jan 30, 2015 at 11:30 PM
Tpcool said:
diph.php
if i have to get any higher than this i may consider killing myself
I'm done.
p191090-1-xrc7vfo.jpg

Jan 31, 2015 at 12:04 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
please, stop hurting yourselves
it isn't worth it

Jan 31, 2015 at 12:18 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Okay, answer me this: what kind of man would I be if I didn't have the forum High Score in MEME RUN? I would be mocked by the community and labeled as "that guy who couldn't reach an arbitrary number by getting lucky with random terrain generation and acquire early multipliers." Yes, I know it's a mouthful, but the internet can be cruel.

Noxid, against my better judgement, I am going to attempt to reach a higher score. It may take me days, even weeks, but I know what I am up against. I have to be playing on the right day at the right time. If it takes X amount of time to reach both of those variables, I will do it.

Thank you, and have a good night.
-Tpcool

Jan 31, 2015 at 1:25 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
He's gone
Tpcool over