Member List Pruning

Jan 17, 2009 at 11:02 PM
Grumpy *****istrator
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
If you have looked at the number of registered members in the forum summary recently then you may have noticed the number has plummeted by over 6000.

We have removed any members with a zero post count who have not logged onto the forum in the last thirty days.

While we are confident the vast majority will have been people who had no intention of posting, or only had spam posting intentions, there may have been some casualties of shy retiring types who had registered but not yet mustered the courage to join in.
If you are such an individual I am afraid that the action was irreversible; however, your selected username should now be free so you should be able to register with it again.

Also since this has freed up so many usernames if anyone had a burning desire to be called ##!zrvkkn or anything else taken up by a spambot or name squatter then please let us know. If the name is not currently in use we can change your username to the now freed moniker.

We are aware that there are still a significant proportion of usernames from the last 30 days with a zero post count, so we will be repeating this process next month.
If you are one of these people and wish to remain registered then please be sure to remain active in this period.

Jan 25, 2009 at 7:30 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Speaking of usernames, can I have mine changed to supermario566?

Jan 25, 2009 at 7:43 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Sure, but it's best to PM us in the future in case we miss your forum post.

-SkyeWelse