Melty Blood Translation Flurry~

Nov 27, 2008 at 6:12 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Nov 29, 2008 at 6:45 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Oh, yay. In celebration, I will translate some of Roa's route in Actress Again out of the kindness of my heart.

Intro:
Roa: I'm...alive? After being point-stabbed by the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception? I know my soul could not have died, but I had definitely met my ultimate end. He failed to kill me? Not likely. After all, that wench oh-so kindly ripped me to pieces beforehand. Roa, the vampire, had completely died then, that much I know. Which means this...... Ah hah! So that's it. There's someone recreating me from the memory of this area. They did it so well my soul, modified to go on for eternity, was dislodged from Akasha. That mad dog Zephia, perhaps? Ought to have been because he has a role for me, but since my impulse is firmly in control... Heh. That can be left for other people to fulfill. It might only be a one-night body, but it'd be a waste not to use it. Might as well enjoy the pleasures of the flesh while I can.

Versus Nrvnqsr Chaos:
Roa: Yo, Chaos, bro! Just when I thought there was somebody dangerous coming close, who'da thunk it'd be you?
Nrvnqsr: Hrm... The last time we met, your character had become slightly cruder, my friend, but this time it has just fallen into an abyss of despair, Michael. The archangel has really fallen into hell indeed. To imagine, the day would come where I was called "bro" by the pioneer among mages who reached "eternity!"
Roa: Oh, come on, it was just a little refreshment. It's not everyday I get a new reincarnation. Really, using the dialogue that comes with the vessel is damned fun! Not like there's a choice in the matter, either. I'm still this person called "Tohno SHIKI" as well as "Michael Roa Valdamjong," you know?
Nrvnqsr: I see. The gradual loss of both of our egos is the same. How appropriate. My consciousness is melting into assimilation with this Chaos and yours is being diluted by your many reincarnations. It actually makes me sad that this may be the last time we trade words.
Roa: Yeah. It sure was a barrel of fun back when I perfected the Soil of Genesis for you. Ah, those were fun times indeed. I almost subjected the princess to my will during that point, too. A part of me would like to work together on cooperative research and whatnot with you, but... (sigh)
Nrvnqsr: You are unable to hold back the destructive urge coming from your vessel, huh? Don't worry. I'm starving, too. Let us savage each other as is natural for vampires.

Versus Aoko:
Roa: So, you're that Aozaki girl, huh? Welcome, newest of the Wizards. I don't believe we've ever met.
Aoko: Who knows? If you're going to continue living from now, maybe we just might have already met some time, some place. It's alright to call yourself immortal since your soul will never disappear back into the Root, but isn't your information a little old? Saying "I don't think we've ever met" to a Wizard!? If that old fart heard you he'd roar with laughter!
Roa: ...I see. Peasantry that just happened to dig up the deepest of mysteries and be thrust into the spotlight, but still a Wizard, eh? Just a thirty-year old "Magic," but without a doubt a one-of-a-kind rarity. In that case, with the proper degree of respect, allow me to drink your blood.
Aoko: Nah, I don't think you'll find mine very appetizing, Roa.
Roa: So we HAVE met somewhere!
Aoko: Yeah. You're as creepy now as you were then. Lightning by Numerology? For someone with your character, that's rather dull- no, maybe orthodox would be a better term? Well, since I also use the same system, it's not exactly my place to say anything. Regardless, could you please try to be a little less "KILLKILLKILLKILLRAPEKILLKILLKILLKILL" this time?
Roa: Huh?
Aoko: Well, I also have some stuff on my mind concerning you. OK then, I'll give Shiki and his little sister just one less thing to worry about!

Versus Arc:
Roa: .....
Arc: I went out of the way to come out here for you. Are you satisfied? It would have been disgusting enough if you came right for me, but you had to avoid me and target Shiki.
Arc: I mean it. Don't think you can die anything like how a living being would. I'm so mad I don't even know what's going to happen now.
Arc: What's wrong, did you become scared, now of all times? But it's too late, even if you were my first. It's way too late, no matter what. You aren't going to get out of here alive.
Arc: There won't be any mercy. I won't leave even a trace of you on this planet. The only thing I'll let you do is beg for your-
Roa: I don't have any business with you, mongrel. How disgusting...
Arc: ...What did you just say?
Roa: I said that I have no business with a faulty product like you. The one I desired all this time wasn't some creature who had concern for the world of man.
Arc: ... (She's making a priceless expression in the avatar box)
Roa: Get out of my sight, fallen princess. Your shameless show of your defects is an insult to me and the princess. The only thing an impostor like you deserves is to be scattered like a flower by my own hand.
Warc: Ha, hahahahaha! Oh, how funny, how funny, Roa! That retonated in my heart many times more than the times you played the role of the clown in my castle! My stomach is twisting from anger! Oh my, I can't take it! I'll sow the ground with your blood until you have nothing left to bleed!

End:
Roa: ....So this is the best she could muster after being broken by the Eyes of Death Perception. How miserable. That was on a scale where even that forgotten spawn of mine could handle her. Now then...
Crimson Moon: A truly death-defying show of acrobatics, clown. I will reward thy resolve.
Roa: Ha? Ahahaha... Ahahahahaha! I knew it! Now... It's not even going to be a fight now that her true form has been released. Just how many seconds will I last with all my circuits geared to the singular purpose of defense?
Crimson Moon: Out of amusement, I allow thee one blow (kiss). Shout out the last of thy life as if to offer me thy blood, thy soul.
Roa: Ha...that's it! That's what I wanted! Eight hundred years ago I really HAD seen eternity. The princess of the moon, not fading away even a bit since the moment that I first saw her! I present to you to the spectacle of the burning end of my 18th death, my final reincarnation! AHAHAHAHAHAHA! (Roa goes Wallachia level batshit and releases Type-Moon upon the Earth, thus dooming us all, basically)

This shit ain't that hard, and believe you me, Takajun is a fucking God at this, so feel free to blame every slow-down Mirror-Moon has on Message. That's what I do.

Nov 29, 2008 at 8:48 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
X-Calibar said:
Haven't heard the news??
http://mirrormoon.org/

Melty Blood, Melty Blood ReAct, Melty Blood Act Cadenza all have english translations now! Oh don't have the game? Well they have trials of each game translated as well...

[Yay, I made the MBAC credits :p]
Want to buy MBAC ? It's here : http://www.himeyashop.com/product_info.php/products_id/7308

Yeah i downloaded it today (found out in a melty blood chat room), Its fantastic ^_^ and its really great to actually understand what their saying now

Lol buy MBAC? $66? fuck that shit, easier to download, infact i think i have the link posted to the download somewhere on the forum

Now all i need to do is wait until they Release MBActress Again (on pc) and everything will be awesome

Nov 29, 2008 at 8:46 PM
xristosx said:
Now all i need to do is wait until they Release MBActress Again (on pc) and everything will be awesome

You should be excited. Everything Kohaku says is either awesome or disturbing. Her innuendos are cheap.

EVIL.jpg

Dec 20, 2008 at 2:07 AM
So, being in a generous mood, I decided to translate more of Melty Blood Actress Again for you plebeians. All of it involves the new villain, Dust of Osiris. Enjoy.

Riesbyfe scenario ending:
Riesbyfe: There's no sound. Where am I? This is not Misaki. No, this doesn't even match any place in the world. This is almost as if...
Dust of Osiris: This is the result of humanity’s absolute hatred, the inevitable future filled with nothing but death that this planet possesses. Involved is the Crimson Moon summoned by the True Ancestor to defeat the Night of Wallachia. That which I have been seeking, the Black Land to return to. CEASING RECALCULATION. I acknowledge your ability in destroying the Night of Wallachia, but I cannot understand why a part of my defensive system is interrupting my reperformance. Not even the Dead Apostle Ancestor that has escaped my will involved himself further.
Riesbyfe: So you’re Sion… No, actually, the remnants of Sion, absorbed by Tatari. This Tatari isn't Zephia's, but a new Tatari you started? The reason why Michael Roa Valdamjong was recreated?
Dust of Osiris: Yes. It is a reperformance of the "Hologram Summer" the Night of Wallachia ran. I am recreating the Tatari that had been one step away from the Sixth and correcting only its conclusion. I released you as a factor in doing so, yet why do you approach me in hostility? I programmed you to not approach the processing unit, Hermes, my main body.
Riesbyfe: Your program must have gone haywire somewhere along the way. No, it might have been her wish. Not the Sion that tried to use me as a defense mechanism but the Sion before she became you. Her desire was the destruction of Tatari. There is no way she would allow the birth of a superior Tatari after defeating Wallachia.
Dust of Osiris: That thinking is mistaken. I became like this of my own will. The goal of Sion Eltnam Atlasia is the protection of the future. The prediction of the future for the purpose of protecting humanity from unavoidable destruction and the acquisition of a method of salvation from it were her ambitions. I was birthed for that purpose. I was appointed Tatari and became one of the 27 Ancestors for that purpose. I am the bird of the underworld. The Dust of Osiris. The giant of Atlas, preserving mankind perfectly.
Riesbyfe: ...My God. From the moment I laid eyes on you, I knew you’d be the type that would end up brooding all by herself, but Sion… You're wrong! If you're going to be a machine, then it's fine to work for the sake of others, but that form of yours is still one of a human being. Then, the first step you have to take is to find your own happiness. A thing that can't comprehend a human being shouldn't be going on saying that it will save humanity.
Dust of Osiris: Those foolish, petty emotions are what destroyed you humans. It is a pity, you were a superb defense mechanism, but you broke down in the end. Enough, I am taking back the mechanism that I loaned to your body.
Riesbyfe: No doubt. I will return it all right. Not just your mechanism, but this entire mistaken system, every single fragment of it, to nothingness. Come at me, Dust of Osiris. Your empty theories will come to an end here!

Dust of Osiris: Ah, Aaaahhh… the Philosopher's Stone... is melting... The water of life that heals even death and vampirism… I wanted to make it to save my... No, to save you… It’s…
Riesbyfe: ...You were having an awful dream, and yet it hadn’t been a nightmare for even a minute. You'd been haunted by a nearly endless dream all this twisted time, hadn't you, Sion?
Dust of Osiris: Riesbyfe? Oh… I forgot… I need to apologize to you. I'd been heroically saved by you, but I still ended up being such a disappointment. I've been made into a vampire by Wallachia and.…….. Aah, you're piercing my heart... Thank God. I may be just an insignificant fragment of Sion, the real one is still fighting against her vampirism, but… At least… even the likes of me gets to be killed by you.
Riesbyfe: ...Yes. I'm sorry, Sion. This is the second time I've done this to you.
Dust of Osiris: No, it's better this way, Riesbyfe, guardian knight chosen by the holy shield… You followed through on your namesake so perfectly and protected my soul to the very end…
Riesbyfe: If that's true, then I'm glad. Now… go to sleep, Sion… This time, you won't be snatched by the bad dreams of a long deceased madman and his mistaken program.
Dust of Osiris. Yes… Good night, Ries. May you also have good....
Riesbyfe: ...…This time I'll fall into a sleep with dreams… There won't be another curtain call. This one night nightmare is finally over... I'm getting tired too… With this… Roa ought to disappear… I was just a little worried about what was going to come next, but that Executor and the True Ancestor ought to do the job... Goodbye, Sion. If such a thing can be granted, I wish that I can see you again after this darkness...

Ciel scenario ending:
Ciel: The converging of a Reality Marble...!? No, this is different. This isn't an internal landscape, this really is what the world will look like after it's destroyed… Impossible. That would make it on the level of a Marble Phantasm. Only True Ancestors have those. Even among the 27 Dead Apostle Ancestors, I heard that the only one who could use it was the Water Demon Sumire.
Dust of Osiris: That is correct, Executor. Marble Phantasms can only be used by those who are part of Gaia, the True Ancestors, those who possess the touch of the world. This is the future extracted from that. A mere smear on the face of the planet, processed and carried only slightly by myself.
Ciel: For a mere smear on the world, it sure does have a strong sense of reality. This is a Thaumaturgical theory… It’s a world egg. The inside of the egg and the outside... If this world is completed by you and the egg finishes incubating, what is inside and outside of this cursed place will be switched. The inside will be “birthed.” This is one of the great forbidden spells; fantasy isn't invading reality, but reality is being sealed in fantasy, and for you to construct a formula complicated enough to be able to do all this, you must be Tatari, and that means you’re the one who recreated Roa!
Dust of Osiris: Yes, I am the Dust of Osiris, the one who shall use the Philosopher's Stone to achieve the ultimate protection of humanity. I am different from the Night of Wallachia, but our goal is the same. That said, merge with the Philosopher's Stone and become my terminal, Executor. It must have been fate that the Dead Apostle Ancestor lead you to me, your superior circuits are meant to be utilized.
Ciel: You and Wallachia are definitely the same. I don't know who you are, and your goal of saving us humans? Well, that's probably true, but you're still the same. You're still a vampire starving for blood just like he was.
Dust of Osiris: I cannot understand. You claim that I am the same as the Night of Wallachia? I, who haven't even harmed even one person yet?
Ciel: Yes, there is no difference between someone that causes a Tatari to kill and someone that causes a Tatari after it has killed. Your mistake was in foolishly attempting to utilize Roa, an Ancestor that Zephia specifically avoided recreating. He gained his own will back and went on a rampage, exposing you to me. You don't get any pleasure from murder, but you're doing the same thing. No, the sin of your mass killing is even graver by not dirtying your own hands.
Dust of Osiris: You speak logic to me with emotions? Very well. Become consumed by my red water and made into a living circuit. See with your own eyes the end of the world while bearing the karma of man.

Ciel: Tatari has been completely destroyed, meaning the destruction of the road to everlasting human prosperity that Zephia Eltnam had constructed... Dust of Osiris, your skill in creating the Philosopher’s Stone so well, the most basic, primal, and ultimate goal of alchemy, was superb, but we still probably aren't ready for it yet. Now then, on to the next directive. Even if Tatari is gone, there's still a lot of stuff to clean up. I don't have time to rest. Taking care of The Dead hiding in this city could take half a year; Roa really got busy. After that... it'd be about time for me to settle my score with her... Well, when that happens, it’ll happen. Right now, it's time for me to complete my immediate duties… and there's always the chance, if there really is any hope of it occurring… maybe, by some mistake, there might be a day when I can coexist with her…