Dec 22, 2008 at 6:41 AM
Neophyte Member
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2008 at 8:26 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
If I remember correctly, Vile is rebuilt in each game he appears in after X1. Not that he survived. He actually has a completely new body in X8.

As for Sigma possessing X at the end of X3, I remember him chasing X with the intention of possessing him until Zero zaps him with the anti-zero virus, which doesn't kill Sigma off for good, only weakens him, which is why he works in the shadows for the most part of X4, pulling a Dr.Wily behind the scenes type of plot.

-SkyeWelse

Dec 24, 2008 at 5:25 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
If Capcom gave a damn about the plot then Mega Man 9 would have connected the Original and X series. Really, I love the Mega Man franchise and have been trying to make heads or tails of the story for a long time now, but I've got to admit that Capcom doesn't feel the need to give rational or consistent explanations for what goes on within the story whatsoever. As much as I wish they did, they don't, so that being said, the whole reason the chamber started filling with lava was solely to present you with one last challenge before the game ended. That or Sigma possessing X was merely a last resort kind of thing that did not have as high a chance of succeeding as Sigma would like us to believe.