Mario or sonic

Mario or Sonic

• Total voters
Jan 10, 2012 at 12:03 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Augh, impossible question.

The thing about "counting every criteria there is" is that there are just too many criteria. It's impossible to judge characters this way.

Jan 10, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Gotta be Sonic.. I bet you guys were waiting for me to comment on this xD

Jan 10, 2012 at 10:48 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I have to go with Mario, I played both games as a kid but always had bigger spot in my heart for Mario. Sonic just isn't as fun and classic. Plus I still play retro Mario now so...

Jan 27, 2012 at 7:45 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Even though you said not by games....

I'll admit that Sonic was pretty awesome in the early 90s, even if all 3 of the games had the same basic engine. Super Mario World was pretty great too, though, so it's a difficult choice for me. Then Mario 64 happened and so many more awesome things, while Sonic just kinda went downhill for a few years.

Personally, I think they've been milking Sonic for a little too long, but lately it's been doing much, much better, with Generations and Colours and all that nonsense.

On the other hand, Mario has craptons of spin-offs, too, even if they're mostly better than Sonic's, but Galaxy + 2 and 3D Land were just great and amazing and asdgfds

As for their characters, Sonic sometimes annoys me to no end even if he means good, but Mario's personality changes quite a bit, so that also gets a bit annoying.

Hmm. Saving a land and its princess from the clutches of an evil dragon turtle, or saving a lot of little woodland animals from an obese mad scientist....

Holy jeez, I could just write a whole essay and go on for pages about this. But anyway, tl;dr they're both cool. Mario's just my favourite because I enjoy his games a bit more than Sonic.

Jan 27, 2012 at 10:49 PM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Well, see, it's all about how the characters evolved.

Sonic used to be awesome, and speechless, and now he's kind of stupid and talks too much.
Mario is awesome, and has always been mostly speechless.

But game-wise, it's also about how they evolved.

Sonic's games at the start, from like, 1991-1994 were all incredible and are some of my favorite games of all time.
Not even Mario could beat him. So classic 2D Sonic is better than classic 2D Mario (Even though I still love the original Mario games).
But then Sonic Adventure happened, and so this and every game after kinda sucked (Other than Sonic Heroes, which I love).
I really hate Super Mario 64, as I feel it's a broken piece of software, but then came along Super Mario Sunshine, and then Mario became better than Sonic.
Though I have to say Sonic's original games are better than any of Mario's, Mario does come very close.

Jan 29, 2012 at 6:33 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
tl;dr
I'm not ashamed to say that Tails is and always will be my favourite character. And Blaze is a close second (dammit why did she die after one game [EDIT actually I'm probably just going insane])

Jan 29, 2012 at 6:55 PM
Based Member
Gotta say Sonic on this one. He's a lot cooler, I grew up with him, his games are generally fun, and he would totally beat Mario in a fight.

Jan 29, 2012 at 7:38 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
how is this possible.
sonic nowadays sucks (used to be good)
mario is kinda lame nowadays(used to be epic)
i dont know how people could like sonic now if they are on about the good old days then fine
only 6 year olds like sonic teh hedgehog movies,memes and segas shitty new games (not saying that all of segas new games are bad)

Jan 29, 2012 at 8:30 PM
Based Member
how is this possible.
sonic nowadays sucks (used to be good)
mario is kinda lame nowadays(used to be epic)
i dont know how people could like sonic now if they are on about the good old days then fine
only 6 year olds like sonic teh hedgehog movies,memes and segas shitty new games (not saying that all of segas new games are bad)
Indeed, Sonic did go downhill for some time after Sonic Heroes, but they made a good come back with Sonic Colors, and Sonic has been doing well ever since.

Jan 30, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Banned
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Indeed, Sonic did go downhill for some time after Sonic Heroes, but they made a good come back with Sonic Colors, and Sonic has been doing well ever since.
now they have sonic generations. my lil sis has it, its not too great.

Jan 31, 2012 at 12:08 AM
"Huzzah!"
I voted Sonic. That Bioware travesty broke my heart, but he's coming good. *whispers* I really like the supporting characters from Sonic Adventure 1 & 2.

But to get grim for a moment: what are these two mascots teaching innocent children:

Mario - Drug use. Hate crimes against Goomba minorities.

Sonic - Drug use (addicted to 'speed') Depravity - Sonic just *loves* 'rings'. Plus... Furry-human sex. (Sonic the Hedgehog on PS3 and X360.)

Jan 31, 2012 at 12:08 AM
Based Member
EDIT: Darn. AM was a few seconds faster than me.

now they have sonic generations. my lil sis has it, its not too great.
Oh, what a shame. I hope his future games do better. But I guess that's only one opinion. But I've played Sonic colors, and it was pretty sweet.

Jan 31, 2012 at 9:52 PM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
What was bad about Sonic Adventure? I thought it was fantastic :[

Gameplay was boring, the levels were boring, new characters were stupid (Big), music got kind of annoying, and plus it just didn't feel like Sonic and it really wasn't that fun. I won't ever understand why everyone likes this game so much.

Feb 1, 2012 at 1:48 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I would have to go with Mario. Oh and play Mario RPG. BEST GAME EVER!

Feb 2, 2012 at 4:13 AM
"Huzzah!"
It now reusing ideas from Super Mario 3.
Well that's because people have actually been awaiting the legendary tanouki suit. Who doesn't want to turn into a statue while wearing a brown racoon suit?

Feb 3, 2012 at 1:14 AM
"Huzzah!"
Played Sonic and the Secret Rings on Wii last night.

"Do this random crap for an hour, and we'll give you another slideshow cutscene!" That was the whole game. I can see why it was a Wii exclusive.