Mappy HD

Feb 17, 2013 at 7:46 AM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"

http://postimage.org/
Mappy HD is a remake of my second favorite arcade game, mappy, that i'll be making soon. It will have 2X resolution graphics (heh heh 2x res), new levels, and maybe some new modes also.
I've done a few of the 2x graphics already, and some of them are in the preview image up there.

I think i'll be making it in game maker, but if not, what language should i use? i'm thinking about learning and using C++, C#, or Carrotlord(Banned for whatever reason)'s mint.

Anyway's, discuss.

Feb 17, 2013 at 4:41 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Looks good, certainly more vibrant than the original.

Feb 18, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Veteran Member
Thanks, though i used the same colors as the original, except for mappy's nose and goro/nyamco's new outfit(which is actually in the official artwork).
Anyway's, heres a fake screenshot (I took a wikipedia screenshot, blew it up to 2x, then pasted my new graphics in, credit to wiki user Raphie for the image). Though the real game will have a bigger view of the level, as that is what an HD remake should have.

http://postimage.org/

Feb 23, 2013 at 4:13 AM
What is Mappy? He has a sinister look to him... never trust a mouse. Anyway, this looks interesting I always like fan done remakes, they
are really quite cool. I am going to stick around to see how this goes. Good luck.

Feb 23, 2013 at 6:27 AM
Veteran Member
PixelVortex said:
What is Mappy? He has a sinister look to him... never trust a mouse. Anyway, this looks interesting I always like fan done remakes, they
are really quite cool. I am going to stick around to see how this goes. Good luck.
Hes a police mouse, trying to get stolen items back from the cat guy's. And thanks!
On the other hand, update:i've got the engine working, theres basically mappy walking (no animation yet except for 1 sprite) and then being able to jump on one of the trampolines, once i get it working better i'll put a screenshot on.

Feb 23, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Sounds pretty cool.