• SeasonsofDestiny - "Introspection"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • X-Calibar - "Cursed Lands"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Feb 13, 2018 at 5:56 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
well if you're doing them at the same time (if i'm understanding right) then the current period probably isn't bad

Feb 14, 2018 at 5:12 AM
War criminal
Feb 14, 2018 at 8:46 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Hey, so completely up to you guys if it is of any interest, but I have a modular hack called "equip+" currently in beta that has some properties I think beneficial to this. I haven't mentioned it outside the CSMC because it's work-in-progress and I haven't effectively explained the advanced half of it, making me the only one who really knows how it works.

I'm supposed to be sleeping and the hack is a bit conplicated, so I'm just gonna pretend the more advanced part of the hack doesn't exist and would be disabled if incoperated. Super quick tired abridged explanation: theres a command <EQC that changes a variable in the save file, except this variable is connected to the game in some way. So essentially each designer can use the command to change the FPS, booster fuel, weapon damage, booster acceleration, air counter, etc. One single command that basically allows you to configure whatever (that's why it's modular, you choose what to patch).

So like, something akin to letting each collaborator choose their own booster fuel/length for their submitted levels, without conflicting with other people's levels, I can help set that up with the EQC command.

IDK, might not even be that noteworthy to include. The hack is atm kinda designed around non-vanilla properties and functions so I would have to make a lite version with more vanilla control. I don't want to take away from the theme of the project either.

Feb 14, 2018 at 6:55 PM
War criminal
I thought the hack from your open source folder worked well with other vanilla assets. Though, I haven't tried it while having the polar star equipped, too...

Feb 14, 2018 at 7:23 PM
hi hi
I thought the hack from your open source folder worked well with other vanilla assets. Though, I haven't tried it while having the polar star equipped, too...
what i'm saying, it shouldn't have trouble working with anything else, it's just the fact it may or may not be pulling my own custom animations i had in the mod
either way, if i have to, i'll make it work
don't worry

Feb 14, 2018 at 7:48 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Yeah I could already see us coming in conact with any hack creators for stuff considering we're getting votes for things I haven't even heard about.

Feb 15, 2018 at 5:32 AM
War criminal
Custom NPC poll is up! Similarly with the other two polls we've made, this one ends next week on 2/21, 11:59pm MST (UTC-7)
https://goo.gl/forms/ATI03MSznMTZ4pPV2

it's just the fact it may or may not be pulling my own custom animations i had in the mod
The packaged hack doesn't provide the animations, iirc. I just thought of recording the hack in use through your mod. Unless, of course, you do want to include them in the hack, which would be appreciated, but you don't have to.

Feb 15, 2018 at 3:28 PM
hi hi
The packaged hack doesn't provide the animations, iirc. I just thought of recording the hack in use through your mod. Unless, of course, you do want to include them in the hack, which would be appreciated, but you don't have to.
the real problems would start when it would want to pull the animations but they weren't even there. boo
either way, if any problems occur, i'll be here

speaking of the animations, remade animations would be a cool feature, and i believe they wouldn't even be so difficult to make considering pixel's coding is as efficient as vac

Feb 16, 2018 at 2:03 AM
"Huzzah!"
Hey, so completely up to you guys if it is of any interest, but I have a modular hack called "equip+" currently in beta that has some properties I think beneficial to this. I haven't mentioned it outside the CSMC because it's work-in-progress and I haven't effectively explained the advanced half of it, making me the only one who really knows how it works.

I'm supposed to be sleeping and the hack is a bit conplicated, so I'm just gonna pretend the more advanced part of the hack doesn't exist and would be disabled if incoperated. Super quick tired abridged explanation: theres a command <EQC that changes a variable in the save file, except this variable is connected to the game in some way. So essentially each designer can use the command to change the FPS, booster fuel, weapon damage, booster acceleration, air counter, etc. One single command that basically allows you to configure whatever (that's why it's modular, you choose what to patch).

So like, something akin to letting each collaborator choose their own booster fuel/length for their submitted levels, without conflicting with other people's levels, I can help set that up with the EQC command.

IDK, might not even be that noteworthy to include. The hack is atm kinda designed around non-vanilla properties and functions so I would have to make a lite version with more vanilla control. I don't want to take away from the theme of the project either.
Is it possible that I could use this hack for my latest mod? At least, IF the booster fuel part works. A certain part of my mod is supposed to switch your 2.0 to infinite fuel (or a bunch), and I haven't found a command to do this. If this is possible, that would be very helpful.

Feb 16, 2018 at 4:07 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
Is it possible that I could use this hack for my latest mod? At least, IF the booster fuel part works. A certain part of my mod is supposed to switch your 2.0 to infinite fuel (or a bunch), and I haven't found a command to do this. If this is possible, that would be very helpful.
I'll DM you details since it's not in a finished state, but yeah the booster modules are done.

Feb 16, 2018 at 9:55 PM
"Huzzah!"
I'll DM you details since it's not in a finished state, but yeah the booster modules are done.
Yeah got equip+ and all the hackinator stuff in your google drive folder, thanks , enlight!

Feb 18, 2018 at 10:41 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
To help make things easy for less artsy people, I'll be accepting any incoming modding assets such as spritesheets, tilesets and even ORGs and put them all into one sorted package. If you got anything you want to share, please do dm me either on discord or the forums about it!
I'll accept the following: Tilesets (both .bmp and .pxa please), npc spritesheets, backgrounds and ORGs.
I'll accept assets until 25 February 23:59 CET and upload a packaged version ~2-3 days before the contest starts.
Do note that if I get an insufficient amount of submissions for this, I will have to cancel this, which won't affect the contest, feel free to ask for more info.

Feb 19, 2018 at 7:22 PM
War criminal
Reminder: The weapon poll will end approximately 12 hours from now! Hope to see the results!

EDIT: The results are in, a couple of them went pretty close, but we're glad to have the weapons chosen by everyone for the contest!
Fireball:
Vanilla: 12
Inverted: 5

Missile Launcher:
Vanilla: 5
Bomb Launcher: 11
Bomb Launcher but without close range self damage: 1

Machine Gun:
Shotgun: 11
Spark: 3
Vanilla: 3

Bubbler:
Vanilla: 9
CynBubbler: 7
CynBubbler but longer lasting bubbles: 1

Blade:
Vanilla: 4
HHS Sword: 12 (We do agree on the longer range idea, so that could be applied, too)
Boomerang Blade: 1

Nemesis:
Vanilla: 5
Teleport Nemesis: 12

Snake:
Vanilla: 9
"V Snake": 8
TSC results will come tomorrow!

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018 at 9:02 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
The custom TSC poll is now over!
While there seem to be people who rather not have new tsc commands, we will make sure that the TSC invincibility reset will be removed, in case there is anybody wishes to use TSC bosses and whatnot, and the <MSX command will also be included.
As for some of the suggested commands, we do understand that a couple of them are still being tested and worked on(Equip+ and <HEX), and we fear that <CAC and <CAL wouldn't really be used by much modders.
If there will be any more TSC edits in the future, we will update everyone on this.

Feb 21, 2018 at 12:48 PM
War criminal
Which btw, on the number of votes there were for the poll...
Code:
Yes: 2
No: 4

The results for the third poll will be posted tonight!

Feb 22, 2018 at 2:07 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
(posted on behalf of @TLinkan as the announcement was planned to be posted during the downtime)
The custom NPC poll is now over!
Much like the custom TSC poll, there are 4 No's voted and 2 Yes's voted.
Sadly, this means the Better Lift and Blinkbeam entities that were suggested will not be included. However, for the "Possible enemy damage and health balancing" suggestion, it'd be nice to hear from everybody on which entities should have their buffs/nerfs and which entities should be left alone.
Likewise, there will already be some entity modifcations done through the npc.tbl file for the sake of the contest (changing pots to switches, making lift blocks be solid in specific maps (non-solid global), and the Quote Teleporter npcs (111 and 112) to have the <MIM used).
Thank you all so much for voting in these polls, your feedback will definitely useful for making the devkit. Judge applications will be coming out soon, hopefully this weekend!

Feb 22, 2018 at 2:54 PM
Professional Whatever
oh damn i guess i figured we'd just have better lift anyway lmao

Feb 22, 2018 at 4:36 PM
War criminal
What does Better Lift do, may I ask?

Feb 27, 2018 at 9:33 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Late news on the asset package stuff; Sadly, there haven't been many pepole who have submitted something, but nothing can be done about that and it's fine. For what we have we decided it's best to see if we can put anything in the base mod, so that their submissions weren't for nothing.
For now I'd recommend @Random-storykeeper's Org Archive, which she offered for the package.
We hope this is not too much of an inconvience to anybody.