Magic strength

May 15, 2006 at 7:20 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
When you go to hell they speak about the 3 guys who have magic
It sais that Ballos and Jenka have powerfull magic but it doesn't mention Misery's magic power,So I am guessing if Misery is weaker then the two?(Ballos/Jenka)

May 15, 2006 at 8:43 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
LavaBall said:
It sais that Ballos and Jenka have powerfull magic but it doesn't mention Misery's magic power,So I am guessing if Misery is weaker then the two?(Ballos/Jenka)
Correct, she is younger than the two, and less magically experienced.

Mar 17, 2009 at 3:31 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Surprising how this thread died just like that. Or maybe the generation from 3 years ago are not as potent as us youth =D

Anyway, Misery surely looks young, doesn't she? Then how could she even deserved being mentioned by that "they"? But did "they" even exactly mention about there being 3 dudes?

But then again the range of age difference between a mother and her child is a mere 15-45 years, most accurately 15-25 years for a mom with a solitary child, especially that from a rural background, and Jenka must be like 60+ in-game. I love how my neurones oppose each other!

Mar 17, 2009 at 4:12 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Whoa, nice find. Wonder who're those two guys.

Well, let's see. We can't know exactly how old Jenka is, as it's very common that magic people age differently, and Jenka looks very old. There was still a king around (blowin' in the air) when she confined Ballos to the Island, and Ballos himself states that it happened "ages upon ages ago", which means "very long ago" even when speaking figuratively. Misery made Ballos create the Demon Queen, but then she spent an awful lot of time in her bubble, which means that even if she was conscious, she wasn't able to gain any experience. BTW, how old do you think Misery is? Is she a teenager or an adult?

Mar 17, 2009 at 9:14 PM
In front of a computer
freezit4 said:
But then again the range of age difference between a mother and her child is a mere 15-45 years, most accurately 15-25 years for a mom with a solitary child, especially that from a rural background, and Jenka must be like 60+ in-game. I love how my neurones oppose each other!
I don't think this is very likely. Multiply by, say, 50 and you get a more likely number: Jenka is 3000+ and Misery is more like 750-1250 or even as old as 2250.

I'd guess Misery is more like an adult than a teenager, but a young adult.

Mar 17, 2009 at 10:06 PM
/end
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
freezit4 said:
Surprising how this thread died just like that. Or maybe the generation from 3 years ago are not as potent as us youth =D

That is quite funny.

Nowadays a thread like this would go up to 4 pages. 1 actually on-topic, and the rest not.

T-Jack said:
Whoa, nice find. Wonder who're those two guys.

They are two people from a long lost era in the forum.

I would think Jenka would be around 1000 years old and Misery like 650.

Mar 18, 2009 at 3:28 AM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
That would make Balrog older than Misery.

Mar 18, 2009 at 5:14 AM
In front of a computer
Prove it.

Mar 18, 2009 at 5:43 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
LavaBall said:
Ballos is near godlike in his power, Jenka wasn't as powerful as Ballos, but she was more towards his end of the scale with her magic. Misery on the other hand was the runt of the family when it came to magic.

Mar 18, 2009 at 7:25 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
T-Jack said:
how old do you think Misery is? Is she a teenager or an adult?

In physical age, I'd say Misery has existed for well of a millennium. But coming from life-age and growth I'd say she has the body of a young woman, probably around 19-20 as a slave, but when the curse was lifted she looked around 28ish.

Given that Jenka is Up there in age with Ballos, and still walking around without ever hinting at living in stasis like Misery did, I'd say their magic allows their bodies to age much slower. So I'd put Misery's actual life age at around only 300 or so, if even that, taking into consideration that the crown has only been worn a handful of times, all apparently resulting in failure by the wearer. The Doctor's reign only lasted (game day wise) I'd say a couple of months at the max. And he seemed to be doing extremely well when it came to his plans.

We of course don't know how long the previous wearers lasted, but one could only assume that they didn't last for more than a year each, (otherwise with the power they most likely would have succeeded in whatever malevolent goals they had).

I'd say Misery is 500 at max when it comes to how long her body and mind was able to grow and develop properly. But she is well over a millennium in years of physical existence.

Mar 18, 2009 at 10:57 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
But who says magic people live magic years?

Mar 18, 2009 at 12:58 PM
Banned
Those same magic people.

Mar 18, 2009 at 1:20 PM
Agent of the System
"All your forum are belong to us!"
freezit4 said:

All kinds of people.:mad:

Mar 18, 2009 at 5:17 PM
This Troper
Mar 18, 2009 at 8:51 PM
Banned
Mar 18, 2009 at 10:31 PM
/end
He most certainly does.

Mar 18, 2009 at 10:33 PM
Been here way too long...
Mar 18, 2009 at 10:48 PM
/end
freezit4 said:

Anyway. In just about anything having to do with magic powered people they always live longer.

Someone who is 538 years old can look like they're in their teens.

Mar 18, 2009 at 11:23 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Madmin The Madman said:
In physical age, I'd say Misery has existed for well of a millennium. But coming from life-age and growth I'd say she has the body of a young woman, probably around 19-20 as a slave, but when the curse was lifted she looked around 28ish.

Given that Jenka is Up there in age with Ballos, and still walking around without ever hinting at living in stasis like Misery did, I'd say their magic allows their bodies to age much slower. So I'd put Misery's actual life age at around only 300 or so, if even that, taking into consideration that the crown has only been worn a handful of times, all apparently resulting in failure by the wearer. The Doctor's reign only lasted (game day wise) I'd say a couple of months at the max. And he seemed to be doing extremely well when it came to his plans.

We of course don't know how long the previous wearers lasted, but one could only assume that they didn't last for more than a year each, (otherwise with the power they most likely would have succeeded in whatever malevolent goals they had).

I'd say Misery is 500 at max when it comes to how long her body and mind was able to grow and develop properly. But she is well over a millennium in years of physical existence.
Actually I'd doubt that Misery ages slowly like Ballos and Jenka since she lacks the power requirement to do so. Remember the bubbles at the game intro? Misery must only have aged when there was a crown bearer and before the crown was built. This leads me to believe that Misery ages normally. She has most likely had hundreds of years of physical existence, but she has most likely lived and grown for only a tiny portion of that.

Also I think Jenka has stretched out her life as much as she can. But there is no way to be sure of that.