• Most people probably don't realise this, but this forum has had two editors for a number of years. One is the xenForo default editor, and the other is a custom editor I made years back I called BBCEd.

All the settings for which editor you use was lost during the upgrade. You can find the setting under Account Settings > Preferences > Editor.

MAD:LAD

Mar 27, 2019 at 11:10 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
2019-03-14_22-09-20.png

A Cave Story mod in progress. Many things are to be determined (story, setting, levels) but you can try out a public demo here.
Unlike my previous project, (OpenCS), this is more aimed to be linear and planned to be relatively short.
I'll try to update the thread each time a new build releases.​

GIVE IT A TRY!!!

MADLAD
By KiseffAKAJables

Mar 28, 2019 at 5:58 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
I appreciate infinitely the fact that you're trying and not making memes. There are cool ideas here, The little challenges are fun and I like that there are multiple paths to take in some parts. The blue spikes end up being kinda hard to see, and idk if it's intended but the health upgrades and checkpoints aren't restoring any hp. Otherwise please keep going this is the most fun I've had with a mod in forever.

Mar 29, 2019 at 1:04 AM
I appreciate infinitely the fact that you're trying and not making memes. There are cool ideas here, The little challenges are fun and I like that there are multiple paths to take in some parts. The blue spikes end up being kinda hard to see, and idk if it's intended but the health upgrades and checkpoints aren't restoring any hp. Otherwise please keep going this is the most fun I've had with a mod in forever.
Thanks!!!
Spikes are hard to see, ill just sprite my own. Some stuff is broken, yeah. Beds are supposed to heal you. Fixes coming soon!!

Mar 29, 2019 at 3:15 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Love the challenge so far. I dig the soundtrack and the graphics are one of the best I've ever seen for a CS mod. The soundtrack is nice and eerie, too. Did you compose it?
The blue spikes end up being kinda hard to see, and idk if it's intended but the health upgrades and checkpoints aren't restoring any hp.
Agree with Matt here. The spike graphics could be made a little more visible and the beds need to be fixed. But other than that, this is one of the best mods I've played so far.

Mar 29, 2019 at 3:49 AM
Love the challenge so far. I dig the soundtrack and the graphics are one of the best I've ever seen for a CS mod. The soundtrack is nice and eerie, too. Did you compose it?
Yes I did! All tracks available in the demo are made by me. I'll be collabing the soundtrack a little with Cultr1/Lamp Shady as well.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2019 at 4:30 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Did you make the retextures? They look amazing!Also I liked the double jump mechanic.
There are some minor annoyances and things that I think could be improved(spikes that are hard to see for example), but overall I'd say it was pretty fun, good job

Mar 31, 2019 at 2:20 AM
Did you make the retextures? They look amazing!Also I liked the double jump mechanic.
There are some minor annoyances and things that I think could be improved(spikes that are hard to see for example), but overall I'd say it was pretty fun, good job
Yes!!! Anything graphically custom is from my own greasy hands...

2019-03-29_18-07-12.png

Mar 31, 2019 at 11:33 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Contributing to spammy posting (off-topic, lack of content, etc)
Nice

Apr 9, 2019 at 11:54 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hello, so I've just played the new version of the mod and first of all I gotta say you made an amazing job in very little time!
Now, I think there are some things that can still be improved so I made a list of them, I hope you will read it(it's kinda boring honestly :p).
1.Some enemies can become a chore to fight(especially in the first level) since they can't do much to you.
2.The boss fight is really cool but I think it's kind of trial and error because sometimes I couldn' t see where he was and got killed. Also THAT CHEAP BASTARD cheated during the actual fight; the text made me believe there was a cutscene so I stood still and...you can assume what happened next.
3.The last thing is...not so important, but here it is; I noticed that some paths lead to health upgrades and I think the idea is nice but I would put something else instead of health upgrades because if a player was so good they could do the harder path...do they really need a health capsule more than a player who couldn't do it?
But that's it,
I'll definetely be looking forward to the next update, dis mod iz kool.

Apr 10, 2019 at 1:02 AM
2dbro
"Keep on rollin'!"
this is going to be the best mod of this year. no contest.

Apr 10, 2019 at 2:30 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Awesome! The little hub that allows you to select which level you play first is a cool idea, and all of the little gripes (*cough* the spikes *cough*) I had with the previous version have been fixed, pretty much. PLEASE keep updating this, I'd love to see this progress into a full mod someday!

I do agree with Flake's concerns about the bosses and health upgrades. I think the health upgrades need to be laid out in easier, but still difficult to reach without some problem-solving spots. You could put items that enhance stats and give you a huge boost up against the enemies on the harder paths, so the player would be rewarded for their work and have an easier time. It'd could work similar to the sword upgrades in the original Zelda.

These are just some thoughts, but other than that this mod is AWESOME!

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2019 at 7:10 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I do agree with Flame's concerns about the bosses and health upgrades
It's not a big deal but please try not to misspell my name, it's just 5 letters long.

Apr 10, 2019 at 7:57 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
It's not a big deal but please try not to misspell my name, it's just 5 letters long.
Whoops, sorry about that. I edited the original post, I guess I just had a massive brain fart. Thanks for pointing that out!