Ma Pignon Story

Do you want me to continue making this uhh...mod?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't make any mods

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jul 5, 2018 at 3:14 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
So,i decided i'd start modding,and this is what i made so far!
Well yeah it's in SO early stages that it's not really that much of a mod
Notes:Giant pignon can be interacted with
Inside the chest is a modified Polar Star (only sprite really)
DON'T EXIT THE CEMETERY TROUGH ANY DOOR BECAUSE THEY LACK SCRIPT AND THEY TAKE YOU INTO A BLACK VOID OF NOTHINGNESS AND YOU WOULD HAVE TO RESTART

Attachments

• Ma pignon story.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
Jul 5, 2018 at 10:15 PM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I THInk ITS SUPER COOL!!!

The mushroom moves really well like it looks normal and its cool how the monsters dont hurt you
And the title screen is cool with the mushroom

Recommended changes:
The first chest should change into an empty chest instantly when you open it
Also when reading the gravestone there's something that's appearing as text before the message box is showing up.
And commas should have a space after them
Also the little man does the same thing as the gravestone
Wait a minute I think the little man was supposed to say that and not the gravestone....
Wait another HOUR!!! I think the big mushroom was supposed to say that! That's the only NPC that says that that doesn't have weird text before it...
Ok so just note that like 4 different things say the hey you're the new mushroom thing

I hope you continue this it looks like a cool idea!
Although I'm not sure about a happy ending... because you know ma pignon got eaten and all that stuff
Maybe if you wanted you could really change the story and make ma pignon win that fight

and maybe also if you go into the mimiga village and try to talk with a mimiga they see you and are like HEY YOU MUSHROOM BACK INTO THE CEMETERY and you get <TRA back there
Or you could do something really weird where you couldn't be in a mimigas line of sight like i think they did that in some curly's story mod before or was it the mimiga army mod one of those i think!!!!

PRETTY NEAT THOUGH I LIKE IT
get ready for ma pignon storm :pignon2::pignon::pignon2::pignon::pignon2::pignon::pignon::pignon::pignon::pignon::pignon::pignon::pignon2::pignon2::pignon2::pignon2::pignon::pignon2:

Jul 5, 2018 at 11:13 PM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
So I've been working on this for about 6 hours, so uh... oops?
I will give my thoughts on the mod:
For anybody else who will post something on this mod that involves looking into it and giving your thoughts; I'm going to get it out of the way:
Yes we all know you don't need the Manual folder, manual html file, Orgview, the readme text file, and the Window.rect file.
Just wanted to get that out of the way before everybody else points that out as per usual.

p364996-0-posjaop.png

I'm not gonna penalize you for having the Studio Pixel presents intro because it isn't the highest thing on the priority list, but try and mess around with it; think out 'the box and make a cute little intro, maybe show a scene with some characters, show something ambiguous relating to the story, or maybe even show an event like CS's old intro.
And yes, this is this nicest way I can put it: while you don't need to, it's just kinda an expected thing all mods do, you should remove the Manual folder, manual html file, the Orgview unless you have custom music, the read-me text file, and the window.rect file you make every time you save your game. Those are extraneous files most modders delete before uploading mods because they're well, extraneous, not mandatory, but it's something everybody just expects and it sucks :/ I said it earlier just so people see it and don't point it out 6 billion times.
p365002-1-vlfjxfv.png

I'm still not gonna penalize you for the CS load screen, but yea, just something to remember to mess around with later down the line. Props for having a cute ma-pignon as the quote sprite, props there.
p365002-2-pthgkfk.png

I don't believe this is the best starting room because of the random enemy placements. I think it would've been better if pignon started out in the storage area, to give the player not only a chance to grasp the concept of being Ma Pignon and maybe maneuver a bit, but also so the player isn't forced to immediately fight the randomly moving mushrooms.
p365002-3-hympa8g.png

Alright never mind they don't hurt the player. From personal experience, I would've still said to start off in the storage room, because my expectations were subverted, thinking the mushrooms would still hurt. Also good idea to put the barriers around the mushroom areas, I'd say try and recolor them so it fits better with the mimiga-village pallet.
p365002-4-fshvoel.png

And I get this is a limitation of the char.bmp, but if you can, try and request some asm to lower the hitbox of the character sprite, because obviously Pignon's using Quote's char.bmp. And to give props again, I like that ma-pignon's movement is very fluid, and not choppy, it works well.
p365002-5-656h0og.png

Aw cool, the Polar Star! Also make sure your sentences aren't flying off the line.
p365002-6-rklx0fq.png

I'm glad nothing hurts you, but that means no enemies to test out my new awesome polar star powers on...
p365002-7-plevv2l.png

Hello Mr. Little. Also, put a space in between your commas.
p365002-8-do1njhi.png

I'm purple because-
p365002-9-c0ln1av.png

Also for ellipses, put a space after every 3 dots to represent an ellipse.
p365002-10-jrrpetf.png

I can tell that this script caries over into the Mr. Little script, which is fine, this stuff happens.
After looking at the thread post, I found out you're supposed to talk to the Giant Pignon that says hi, heh.
Then I'd say remove the Mr. Little npc and Arthur's Grave sparkle npc, otherwise, in the script, try and make them say different things, different reactions to your sight (of course a grave can't be surprised at the sight of a purple mushroom, try and remove the Arthur's key part and let it just say "here lies Arthur..." without the sparkle, for consistency sake since the key won't probably be of importance).
p365002-11-j3hwfqt.png

Trapped
Seems this is where the mod ends right now, let's see what's inside.
p365002-12-raabvsb.png

So yea, I'd say remove the sparkle npc for Arthur's grave, or just let it say the old grave stuff:
p365002-13-mhcyaln.png

Like this (I don't why but all "nothing" entities default to sue, this shouldn't happen but I can't help you there...?)
p365002-14-i7qwnce.png

Also for the Giant Pignon, you don't need to have the Entity ID be 2000, that only applies for flag stuff, you don't need that. You only really need the flags and the Event # for the script, but that's about it.
p365002-15-um0zmin.png

For the sprites whose events don't exist in the script, they will default to the nearest one down, so in this case, to event 2000 which is why I thought Mr. Little said and not the Giant Pignon, heh.
For Mr. Little: Make sure he's either edited to better fit this mod, or remove him. Here's what I did:
p365002-16-anrrbcy.png

Just little touches like that.
p365002-17-vwd1wu3.png

Here's what my finished edited script looks like, it's very simple, but it does a good job at getting basic concepts in there like talking and introducing yourself.
Also I didn't even know you could substitute colons in tsc for commas, which is cool.
Also for some reason I can't fix the issues with the sues appearing in the place of the "nothing"'s so I had to reconstruct the entire mod. Which was totally worth it.
Edit from 2 hours after typing 99% of this, so I found out how to fix the Sue issue and I just feel dead inside because of the fact that I wasted 3 hours reconstructing the entire mod.... yay.....
Here's all of my changes and the link if you want to use it as a base:
Here is the mod link if you're interested: [Here]
Overall it's a neat proof of concept and I'd love to see more.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2018 at 12:45 AM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
So I've been working on this for about 6 hours, so uh... oops?
I will give my thoughts on the mod:
For anybody else who will post something on this mod that involves looking into it and giving your thoughts; I'm going to get it out of the way:
Yes we all know you don't need the Manual folder, manual html file, Orgview, the readme text file, and the Window.rect file.
Just wanted to get that out of the way before everybody else points that out as per usual.

heehehe theres nothing in the spoiler!!!!
Overall it's a neat proof of concept and I'd love to see more.

What other theories are there for what Misery has done to cause mischief (after watching your video)?
Shes made humans into mimigas
She teleported balrog
She helped with that crown thing
She's thrown a lot of robots down in the labyrinth
And yeah it seems likely that she made ma pignon purple

maybe she made the little family so little as well????

Oh and I just had an idea for the story. Maybe somehow you can incorporate the little man a lot, like maybe you saw him just arrive and the "while" that he "ain't been home" was how long since ma pignon walked out of the storage room (when you start) and when quote finally talks to him after his journeys
apparently the plural of journey is journeys. journies is when you say "he journies to the mimiga village a lot"
i think??

Jul 6, 2018 at 2:24 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Maybe she made the little family so little as well????.
Well that's just nonsense. Everyone one knows that Kanpachi cursed the littles for not accepting him as the one true god of the island

Jul 6, 2018 at 8:12 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
What other theories are there for what Misery has done to cause mischief (after watching your video)?
And yeah it seems likely that she made ma pignon purple
maybe she made the little family so little as well????
Well this was merely just me injecting my own stuff into the mod, to give it some extra flare. And if Machine Gun keeps going with the mod, maybe he'll even connect the dots with his own ideas mixed in with the spice I left for him. But hey, it's his mod, he can do what he wants with it :debug: