Lunar Shadow Project

Dec 30, 2015 at 9:16 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
I might need to play this again :3

I highly recommend it. Multiple paths, huge metroidvania castle, plenty of interesting story, lots of gameplay...
Good song choices too!

Jan 18, 2016 at 1:07 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
The update is amazing, and I must say, I seem to have spend quite some time on it.
The bonus area is pretty interesting, although I got stuck on a puzzle(unless you aren't supposed to beat it of course), and I love the new music that has been added.
The mod itself seems to be getting quite large, so it might be a good idea to make a guide of some sorts sometimes for people who get stuck easily or don't know where to go(I had this once, can't say it was great).

Jan 19, 2016 at 6:39 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
The update is amazing, and I must say, I seem to have spend quite some time on it.
The bonus area is pretty interesting, although I got stuck on a puzzle(unless you aren't supposed to beat it of course), and I love the new music that has been added.
The mod itself seems to be getting quite large, so it might be a good idea to make a guide of some sorts sometimes for people who get stuck easily or don't know where to go(I had this once, can't say it was great).
Thank you =)
With bonus area, do you mean the Confusion Zone (which is unfinished), the Sea Zone (which is complete unless bugs slipped in) or the Myst Zone (which is completed)? If it's the last one…
Area 1's puzzle has hints on sign posts. I can't recall the proper order (due to certain issues, I can't check either), though I know that going through the door maze the first time (through the final door) will unlock a shortcut. (Unless that's bugged.) The shortcut is the door above (or below?) the Greek letter "Mu".
Area 2's password is 55555.
Area 3's got hidden walls, but those are easily spotted.
Area 4's… I don't think it has any puzzles, at the moment.
Area 5... not sure, either.

Due to issues, I'm currently unable to write a guide, but I am planning on it. (Not a canon, 3HP-mode guide, though, I can't even beat Sycor on that mode. =P )

Mar 5, 2016 at 12:51 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
during fight with Azher, i used acidic bubble and killed when im stuck in Azher(colision)
then nothing happens. :(
thx for great game!

Jun 13, 2016 at 5:12 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Okay, so in an attempt to motivate myself to finish Lunar Shadow, I went and made Selenic Shadow (download). Since it takes place in the same world as Lunar Shadow (even if it's non-canon), I figured may as well post it in this thread instead of making a thread of its own (I feel it'd be more organized). Though… I'm not sure where fan games of a CS mod would go. =o

So yeah. Selenic Shadow
The rainbow-haired protagonist wakes up in a place called "Grié'dýr", and she wanders around or something. I think it's rather weird and confusing, though…

An item is required to make the life bar of bosses appear, and it can't be removed or equipped during a boss fight (of which three exist). Three weapons can be obtained (one is required due to star blocks). The maximum life that can be attained is a little more than 21 (either 24 or 25); the starting life is 1/10.

(The attempt to motivate myself… didn't quite work as I had hoped. Still, it helped a bit to get rid of stuff that I kept thinking about, stuff I originally wanted to add to Lunar Shadow but couldn't, so~)
during fight with Azher, i used acidic bubble and killed when im stuck in Azher(colision)
then nothing happens. :(
Pardon the late reply~
Was this during the fourth form?

Jun 13, 2016 at 7:31 PM
Indie game enthusiast
Okay, so in an attempt to motivate myself to finish Lunar Shadow, I went and made Selenic Shadow (download). Since it takes place in the same world as Lunar Shadow (even if it's non-canon), I figured may as well post it in this thread instead of making a thread of its own (I feel it'd be more organized). Though… I'm not sure where fan games of a CS mod would go. =o

So yeah. Selenic Shadow
The rainbow-haired protagonist wakes up in a place called "Grié'dýr", and she wanders around or something. I think it's rather weird and confusing, though…
Didn't realize it was a demo. I was half expecting Disaster, end of demo to be a fake out xD
Nice under the radar release of a new mod btw!
A good amount of adventuring... Not sure what is going on yet xD (Grié'dýr is a really strange place!) aNd WhO iS sHe?

Died a few times...
First was because I felt compelled to follow the Aieeeee, the falling girl... Tsu...omething. I knew it was a bad idea but... You never know! Seemed worth checking lol
(... she survived the fall, but not I!?)

Second death was to greed... In the room with the air tank, I didn't realize my breath wasn't resetting when I entered and exited the room gathering EXP. Whoops... and didn't want to chance saving it and possibly saving my current breath level... ALMOST made it out when I realized the situation I was in...

The last time (or times?) were just slip ups with platforming...

Anyway, I liked it! I was curious to see what strange thing would happen next, and if all the pieces would suddenly come together.
Gameplay was pretty decent as well =] Enjoyed all of the surprises that kept me on my toes...
And I liked the bosses, I had a good time... though I have a rapid fire button... (Played with the boss health off btw~ That's a fun way to play actually.)

Some of the later areas are challenging visually because it's hard to see platforms (and some enemies!), but I didn't mind because it seemed to fit into the dream-like random world, and just accepted it as part of the challenge...

Only bug(?) I remember, is that at the end of the demo, you can't return to the music room properly... The red force fields were still up. So it was a tease... And I ended up committing laser force field suicide... D: and was erased.

Random:
I was kind of hoping the music room would end up being some kind of strange music puzzle. Or that songs might be unlocked as you hear them in-game. But, those were just fleeting thoughts from when I went left at the very start of the game and entered the music room, not knowing what to expect immediately.

...Didn't you start this just a little while ago? ... I'm feeling unproductive D:
Anyone who likes Lunar Shadow or just wants a new platformer challenge will probably enjoy Selenic Shadow imo. Looking forward to the next release~ (and Lunar Shadow's completion... !)

Jun 13, 2016 at 7:51 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Okay, so in an attempt to motivate myself to finish Lunar Shadow, I went and made Selenic Shadow
It's pretty nice, it wasn't very difficult for me, but it was not too easy.
Also:
p216084-0-zuuzw5o.png

This makes me think of two things, is that intentional?

Jun 13, 2016 at 9:05 PM
Didn't realize it was a demo. I was half expecting Disaster, end of demo to be a fake out xD
Nice under the radar release of a new mod btw!
Thanks =3

1. A good amount of adventuring... Not sure what is going on yet xD (Grié'dýr is a really strange place!) aNd WhO iS sHe?

2. Died a few times...
First was because I felt compelled to follow the Aieeeee, the falling girl... Tsu...omething. I knew it was a bad idea but... You never know! Seemed worth checking lol
(... she survived the fall, but not I!?)

3. Second death was to greed... In the room with the air tank, I didn't realize my breath wasn't resetting when I entered and exited the room gathering EXP. Whoops... and didn't want to chance saving it and possibly saving my current breath level... ALMOST made it out when I realized the situation I was in...

4. The last time (or times?) were just slip ups with platforming...

5. Anyway, I liked it! I was curious to see what strange thing would happen next, and if all the pieces would suddenly come together.
Gameplay was pretty decent as well =] Enjoyed all of the surprises that kept me on my toes...
And I liked the bosses, I had a good time... though I have a rapid fire button... (Played with the boss health off btw~ That's a fun way to play actually.)

6. Some of the later areas are challenging visually because it's hard to see platforms (and some enemies!), but I didn't mind because it seemed to fit into the dream-like random world, and just accepted it as part of the challenge...

7. Only bug(?) I remember, is that at the end of the demo, you can't return to the music room properly... The red force fields were still up. So it was a tease... And I ended up committing laser force field suicide... D: and was erased.

8. Random:
I was kind of hoping the music room would end up being some kind of strange music puzzle. Or that songs might be unlocked as you hear them in-game. But, those were just fleeting thoughts from when I went left at the very start of the game and entered the music room, not knowing what to expect immediately.

9. ...Didn't you start this just a little while ago? ... I'm feeling unproductive D:
Numbering added to the quote.
1. Even I have no idea. =P
Call the being with the StrANgE voIcE "Misery" for now.
2. Tsukihana (or "moon flower"?)…
Yeah, Grié'dýr is not as it appears.
(Plus you did survive the fall after leaving the "Earth" room, so nothing makes sense in that place. Jump down after Ryuuko, you die. But fall down after going through Grié'dýr: Earth and you survive.)
3. If too many people have trouble with that area, I might add something (which will set the air to some high amount, possibly even 400 if I don't know what I'm doing).
4. Hm, where exactly, if I might ask?
5. Thanks =)
There's more to the Ankh Pendant than meets the eye, though. (I hope.)
6. I take it "Grié'dýr: Star" is one such area with the hard-to-see platforms?
7. Sounds like a bug to me; you're supposed to be able to go through there.
(Looking at the script… it seems flag 0129 never got set because the event never ran.)
8. Songs are unlocked as they get added to the mod. =P
I might add a music puzzle, though? It sounds like a cool idea…
9. Yeah, 7 June. (A few hours after the CSTSF Modding Contest 2016 thread was created, now that I think about it.)

Anyone who likes Lunar Shadow or just wants a new platformer challenge will probably enjoy Selenic Shadow imo. Looking forward to the next release~ (and Lunar Shadow's completion... !)
Next release: sometime in the future. =P

It's pretty nice, it wasn't very difficult for me, but it was not too easy.
Also:
p216084-0-zuuzw5o.png

This makes me think of two things, is that intentional?
"Martel Aar"…
Her last name is unrelated to the forum member Aar. It's a word from some other languages.
Her first name was chosen by a friend of mine; Martel is currently planned to appear in a prequel to Lunar Shadow (that has Serenity's father Evan O'Neill as the protagonist) as the daughter of a friend of Evan's.

Might I ask, what were those two things you thought of?

Jun 13, 2016 at 9:15 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Jun 14, 2016 at 10:24 PM
Indie game enthusiast
4. Hm, where exactly, if I might ask?
5. Thanks =)
There's more to the Ankh Pendant than meets the eye, though. (I hope.)
6. I take it "Grié'dýr: Star" is one such area with the hard-to-see platforms?
4. I had to replay to get the name... It was Grié'dýr: Earth. Not a particularly troubling spot, but it was the death of me lol. What happened was after the moving elevator blocks, at the next section with the spikes and disabled fan... I just slipped off the single block and took double spike damage because of the scripted event with the girl walking away.
Other than that section I think I fell a few times on the first Sun area. Didn't die though! I was just out of practice I think~

On my replay the only place I died was... during Star, at the bottom with the one square opening jump. Have to make sure you are fully pressing forward... or else you will fall to your doom!

5. On my replay I didn't pick up the ankh.. and noticed that I could sleep in the bed with the ankh symbol this time! Hmm.... Pretty sure I couldn't before...

6. Yep, Star and Sun I believe. The pattern of those certain background platforms add some visual difficulty... And Star with the same pattern but much closer dark colors. Though it didn't cause any difficulty on replay!

Jun 14, 2016 at 10:52 PM
@Aar and the dutch word martelaar, which means torturer.
Hm… I might reference the latter in the next version.

4. I had to replay to get the name... It was Grié'dýr: Earth. Not a particularly troubling spot, but it was the death of me lol. What happened was after the moving elevator blocks, at the next section with the spikes and disabled fan... I just slipped off the single block and took double spike damage because of the scripted event with the girl walking away.
Other than that section I think I fell a few times on the first Sun area. Didn't die though! I was just out of practice I think~

On my replay the only place I died was... during Star, at the bottom with the one square opening jump. Have to make sure you are fully pressing forward... or else you will fall to your doom!

5. On my replay I didn't pick up the ankh.. and noticed that I could sleep in the bed with the ankh symbol this time! Hmm.... Pretty sure I couldn't before...

6. Yep, Star and Sun I believe. The pattern of those certain background platforms add some visual difficulty... And Star with the same pattern but much closer dark colors. Though it didn't cause any difficulty on replay!
4. I'll look into the Earth room. I didn't know it'd cause double spike-related damage, though.

By "one square opening jump", d'you mean the part near the start, after the beetles and behemoths and critters?

5. The bed in "Grié'dýr: Agony" can be slept in regardless of whether or not you have the Ankh Pendant, actually.

6. I see… might have to brighten it a bit?
That map's technically incomplete in version 1.0.0.0 though…

Jun 17, 2016 at 11:16 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
(The attempt to motivate myself… didn't quite work as I had hoped. Still, it helped a bit to get rid of stuff that I kept thinking about, stuff I originally wanted to add to Lunar Shadow but couldn't, so~)
Pardon the late reply~
Was this during the fourth form?

nope i remember that it was in first

Jul 12, 2016 at 3:36 PM
New version of Selenic Shadow (version 2.0.0.0) that a friend of mine, Ariana, worked on…

May 13, 2018 at 4:50 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Not trolling, but is this cancelled?

Sep 24, 2019 at 5:05 PM
Not trolling, but is this cancelled?
Nope. Kim confirmed that she might finish it after she completes Apocalyptic Shadow Tower (her final mod). Hopefully, Kim will make a seperate thread for her new mod (which she announced after her return this year).