LoZ 25th Anniversary

Feb 22, 2011 at 3:30 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
the-legend-of-zeldas-25th-anniversary-20110218012609772.jpg

It's been 25 years since the original Legend of Zelda game was first released.​

Legend of Zelda, being my favorite game series, has a lot of respect from me, but I have a dilemma.
I have played through each and every Zelda game (what CDi?), and still can't decide which is my favorite.
I believe there should be a thread to discuss such an important decision.

Feb 22, 2011 at 3:35 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Majora's Mask was also great

A Link to the Past will always hold a special spot in my heart...
My most fond memories of Zelda are from it.
First one I ever really played, and I still love replaying it to this day.

Feb 22, 2011 at 3:37 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Feb 22, 2011 at 3:39 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Yes I enjoy Link to the Past very much, it is definitely one of the best 2D Zelda games, if not the best.

I always loved Minish Cap, though...

-----
And Majora's Mask is one of my favorite 3D games, it was eerie, but just eerie enough that you'd get used to it for a while. Then after an hour or so you'd realize how creepy the game was and you'd shift gears mentally, until you get back in the groove. A perpetual cycle. Plus it was really fun to replay, getting all the masks and such.
But Twilight Princess was still crazy for me, on the other hand.
Not much replay value for TP, in my opinion.

Feb 22, 2011 at 3:51 AM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I actually saw this a while ago, so I'm not surprised anymore. Anyway, Zelda is definitely my favorite series of all time. Forget Cave Story, it's no match for The Legend of Zelda. My favorite is Wind Waker, Twilight Princess is good, but not as good as Majora's Mask or Wind Waker. I'm sorry, but I never really liked Ocarina of Time or the original. :l Zelda II is a good game, and really underrated, though A Link to the Past is really the best 2D. But not to forget Link's Awakening, that game's great too, too bad I haven't beaten it yet. Haven't played Minish Cap or the Oracle games. :l

Feb 22, 2011 at 4:31 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Sweeeet! I am actually replaying Windwanker as we speak :3

Feb 22, 2011 at 4:34 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
I hate to sound really stereotypical, but Ocarina of Time is my favorite.

This is mostly because it was my first, but yeah I liked it the best. Wind waker comes 2nd.

Feb 22, 2011 at 4:40 AM
Hey.
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
I hate to sound really stereotypical, but Ocarina of Time is my favorite.

This is mostly because it was my first, but yeah I liked it the best. Wind waker comes 2nd.

I understand because it was your first, that's one of the reasons I like Wind Waker so much. But other than that, I think the graphics, music and design of the whole thing is great. I love the sailing, and I love how huge the world is.

Feb 22, 2011 at 11:42 AM
The Preacher
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Ahh, Legend of Zelda... *_*
My podium :
1) OoT, because it's the first one I played. It's the first one in 3D, too. And it's the first one chronologically. So, the first. That's all. Besides, it's an awesome game.
2) MM, because it's the second one and... it's... WTF?? It's not a Zelda at all! What's with that limited time and those creepy Mask Salesman, Majora's Mask, musics and stuff? It's wonderful!
3) TWW, because OMFG AWESOME MUSICS AND AWESOME FINAL BOSS FIGHT.
3 ex aequo) TP, because lolXant. And epic Midna is epic. And funny new items.
3 ex aequo²) Minish Cap, because it's the only Zelda GB with such good dunjeons IMO. And a talking cap.
4, 5, 6, etc.) The others.

Feb 22, 2011 at 3:05 PM
"Huzzah!"
The Good:

Yeah as i said before, Minish cap is definetly one fo my favourites for its score and gameplay.

Ocarina of Time i've played through so many times its unreal, it never ever gets old. Majoras mask followed it quite nicely too.

Zelda NES i have also beaten a ton of times, its primitive, but it has it where it counts.

The Oracle games are both every bit as good as links awakening, anyoen who hasnt played these games and lieks Zelda...needs to.

The bad:

Twilight Princess came across as really cumbersome and i found it difficult to get back into due to it not being very fun. It had the looks and had a awesome finale but the game in general wasnt too entertainign for me.

Oh God, heresy! Someone doesnt like LttP. And i cant see why everyone likes it. So much travelling between dungeons. It remains to date, the only Zelda game i have ever played, and never beaten. Because it bores the crap out of me.

The ugly:

The CDI games were horrible for sure, but they gave us something to giggle at, around 3AM on youtube on a really slow day.

Feb 22, 2011 at 4:11 PM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Majora's Mask so totally epic needs a remake or at least a successor to the concept of time actually meaning something in a Zelda game.
also LttP was awesome, just not special like Majora's Mask. Wind Waker was great too, but i've only ever beaten it once and want to play it a whole lot more. i miss it. my copy got stolen.

imo OoT sucks. a lot. inb4 flames.

@Miles: did you ever get the Flute? cuts down a lot of travel time if you just absolutely cannot stand it. i frankly like the running everywhere because i get to kill a bunch of stuff and because it's fun to walk around and find where stuff is relative to other stuff

Feb 22, 2011 at 4:20 PM
Hey.
Malpercio said:

I kinda agree....

The music was great, though.

Feb 22, 2011 at 6:35 PM
"Huzzah!"
Malpercio said:
Majora's Mask so totally epic needs a remake or at least a successor to the concept of time actually meaning something in a Zelda game.
also LttP was awesome, just not special like Majora's Mask. Wind Waker was great too, but i've only ever beaten it once and want to play it a whole lot more. i miss it. my copy got stolen.

@Miles: did you ever get the Flute? cuts down a lot of travel time if you just absolutely cannot stand it. i frankly like the running everywhere because i get to kill a bunch of stuff and because it's fun to walk around and find where stuff is relative to other stuff

I didnt grow up with a LttP, like alot of Zelda fans did. I only got around to playing it after half of the rest of the series, and it hasnt aged well. I didnt get the flute. I just played it so far and got to the point where i really no longer care. And that feeling i've never experienced from any Zelda game. I at least eventually got back to Twilight Princess. One of these days i'll end up beating LttP because like it or not, its regarded as an important part of it.

I much prefer windwaker to both, but my copy stopped working permenantly. While i was in the missle of a 3 heart run, in the middle of the shadow temple. Which sucked.

Feb 22, 2011 at 6:52 PM
Hey.
Miles_Valentine said:
I much prefer windwaker to both, but my copy stopped working permenantly. While i was in the missle of a 3 heart run, in the middle of the shadow temple. Which sucked.

I didn't realize such a thing was possible for some reason....And I play CS.

I'm gonna have to get working on that. Also, it's actually the Earth Temple. Shadow Temple was OoT.

Feb 22, 2011 at 7:05 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
You guys are crazy with your low health runs -_-;

I really needa play Majora's Mask. That copy my friend lent me is gathering dust..much like my N64

Feb 22, 2011 at 9:54 PM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I will be honest. i havent played much zelda (i love the games ive played) but my favorite so far is majoras mask.i think that they should add the transformation gimmick in some other way like maybe they could make armors each with the characteristics of the other species (it doesnt have to be a different species) and they could make it get you more reactions an example is they could make a knights armor that would let you interact with hyrulean knights.

Feb 23, 2011 at 12:23 AM
"Huzzah!"
Ollie said:
I didn't realize such a thing was possible for some reason....And I play CS.

I'm gonna have to get working on that. Also, it's actually the Earth Temple. Shadow Temple was OoT.

I did a 3 heart, broken sword and no sheild run of OoT.No recovery items obviousl. Got as far as the iron knuckles in ganondorfs tower.

As for wind waker, you probably wont miss those hearts, its an easy game.

I actually hacked Minish cap to do a one heart run, which was really awesome. Until i got to the final boss, then i couldnt get further.

Majoras mask on the other hand has alot of potential for advanced runs. Doing a 3 heart run with only a limited number of warps back through time. Say, the first one, and one after each temple. And no inverted song of time ;3

Thatd be one insane run. One i'm not mad enough to do, mainly because that fish boss messes me up, with even a large number of hearts.

Feb 23, 2011 at 5:01 AM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
that would be a forced no-sidequest route (you'd loose all sorts of stuff i.e. Fierce Deity Mask, Gilded Sword, etc.), and i believe due to the nature of the game you're forced to go back in time more often than that, inverted song of time or no.