Looping vs Non-Looping music in TSC files

Jul 8, 2017 at 10:36 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I've been rewriting Cave Story with Unity3D, and I've run into a slight dilemma parsing TSC files. "<CMU" cues music to play, but some songs loop and others don't. Is there a way to tell the difference? Is it contextual (ie. if you just received an item, it's not looped), or are individual songs marked as looped/non-looped?

Jul 8, 2017 at 10:39 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
It's part of the file structure. An org file has an end mark and a loop mark, so to make a "non-looping" song you'd typically have one measure with no notes and put the loop/end marks at the beginning and end of that measure respectively.

Jul 8, 2017 at 10:44 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Dude. You rule. I thought this would be one of those long shots where I might get a response in a few months. I very much appreciate the help.

Jul 9, 2017 at 2:51 AM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
It's fairly common knowledge to those of use who use ORGmaker. If you're going to work with ORG files you should probably familiarize yourself with them through ORGmaker itself.

Jul 9, 2017 at 3:22 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Negative. I'm just playing MP3s and marking them as looped or not. ORGmaker doesn't run on OSX, and I don't have much of a reason to use it anyway since I'm rewriting the game, not modding it.