Looking for English non patch translation, & patch prob [Mac]

Feb 26, 2015 at 2:21 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"

Hi,

So 1) I can't find the raw translation anywhere - as in, a non-patch english translation, so that I can play the game in Japanese and read off the patch for reference (or in the fact of.... see below) Is there even one? If someone could provide me with a link to something lke this, I would be much obliged.

2) The mac automated patch does not work and I have no clue how to apply the patch to Cave Story.

{http://www.wctc.net/~luvmimac/cavestory/} <the mac automated patch I tried to use, it keeps saying bad file.

When I run patch apgtstory - nothing happens (or seems to happen, it just stalls).

Another patch instruction says I should move it to a certain directory but I did not get it off steam, I just got it the freeware version way....

If anyone can help me figure out how to work this I would be very grateful.

Thanks.

Feb 26, 2015 at 5:22 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hello, I know exactly how to help you, and I have created a picture and text guide, but my mac is so old, that I cant get Google Drive or Mediafire to work properly so I can get the 8.3MB folder to you. If you have any recommendations for file sharing websites that would work on a Mac OS X 10.3.9 I'd be happy to know. Otherwise, I'll give you the steps here.
1. go to http://www.cavestory.org/download/cave-story.php and download "Mac port 0.0.7 (Universal) by Nakiwo" and "Mac English translation for 0.0.7 (Universal) by Turtle".
2. Open these and you get a drive named "doukutsu0_0_7" and a folder named "Doukutsu English Patch"
3. Create a new folder and drag the first file from the drive and the first file from the folder into it.
4. Open the file in the new folder called "Doukutsu English Patch" and click apply.
5. Then click quit and open "Doukutsu"
6. If you want the Japanese and English versions, open the .dmg again, and put the first file in the new drive somewhere else.

Hope this solves your problems, glad I could help.

Feb 27, 2015 at 2:44 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Are you sure you have opened the Cave Story Mac folder up? I remember when I was giving a Mac copy to a friend, it took me a while because I'm not experienced with Macs. I remember my problem being that I was trying to patch the folder containing the game itself rather than just the .exe (or equivalent) file.