Life Pot Easter Egg?

May 23, 2010 at 4:42 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
So I was running through Cave Story to test... well, you don't need to know that, yet.

Anywho, just to mess around a little bit, I left Jenka lying on the floor after Balrog stole her key. I saved and went about my business, still carrying around the last puppy, and upon coming back later to get the life pot, My puppy was gone, and Jenka actually allowed me more than one Life Pot, but only one at a time.

Is this a known fact already? I haven't seen anything on it anywhere.

try it out for yourself.

May 23, 2010 at 5:11 AM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Volley said:
So I was running through Cave Story to test... well, you don't need to know that, yet.

Anywho, just to mess around a little bit, I left Jenka lying on the floor after Balrog stole her key. I saved and went about my business, still carrying around the last puppy, and upon coming back later to get the life pot, My puppy was gone, and Jenka actually allowed me more than one Life Pot, but only one at a time.

Is this a known fact already? I haven't seen anything on it anywhere.

try it out for yourself.

This is a known fact already.

May 23, 2010 at 5:15 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Wait, won't she give you another one if you go back to her REGARDLESS of whether or not you take it from her the first time?

May 23, 2010 at 5:16 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Well alright then. I'd looked through several walk-throughs and it wasn't once mentioned, so take it for what it's worth.

EDIT:

GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Wait, won't she give you another one if you go back to her REGARDLESS of whether or not you take it from her the first time?

If I'm not mistaken, at the very least her dialogue is different...
Well, either way, it's one way to avoid a long boring speech.

May 23, 2010 at 3:54 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Yeah, I tried that once. If you go back, she'll say, instead of her usuall diolog, will say "come back here anytime if you want for another one; it's the least I can do"

Although it's not paticularily usefull, since the only areas you need to clear after that are the island's edge, and plantation before going into the final streach...

May 31, 2010 at 8:41 PM
Been here way too long...
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Man, this is weird. I actually heard somewhere else recently that this was possible in the Wii version, going back and getting Life Pots over and over from jenka, but I could have *sworn* that when I played CS PC years ago that it wasn't possible to go back and get any more after you'd used just that one. Of course, I've never tried just not talking to her like that.