Life choices

Mar 1, 2018 at 5:04 PM
Org Discord Admin
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
So... let's say, a person is about 2 years away from graduating.

Usually, people choose universities and jobs based on their preference, their (er,) parents, and the availability of said job. Some people can even choose if they are interested in multiple things at once. Even if they have to choose something they hate, they still can try and carry on with it until opportunities arise.

Now, what if a person is a "jack of all trades", but doesn't like anything they do? By that, I mean that they can do something productive (and succeed) if they need to, but they have no preference (and they probably don't wish to excel in something that they don't prefer). Also, they're not forced into choosing something specific.
Now, I know that this is a generally bad trait, but this is still a person, and they need to know how to live with that if they want to survive.

I can give more details, but I'll leave the question as is, for now.

Mar 1, 2018 at 5:30 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'll assume you mean graduating high school, in which case I'll say you're making a bigger deal of it than you need to. Many students don't figure out what they're doing until after they enroll in University, and even more end up changing their minds partway through. Just keep trying things to find something worthwhile eventually.

Mar 2, 2018 at 2:00 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
You can always just enter the workforce directly and then go to uni later with some perspective. *shrug*

Mar 3, 2018 at 7:18 PM
Org Discord Admin
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
So, there is still time?

Isn't changing partway risky? I get that there's risk to everything, but is there a "safer" way to do something about this problem?

Mar 3, 2018 at 9:11 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Talk to a guidance counselor? Supposedly, a professional should be able to offer some experience, tools, etc.

Other possibilities... figure out life goals, obligations and what career paths might further it.
If there is a goal, start running towards it. Once you reach out and make contact with people who have expectations of you and keep up a dialogue...
There should be motivation to reach that same place, rather than sitting back and doing what is required to appease the rules and keep up appearances.

Honestly, having someone you know share that first step, probably would make it easier. But, if there isn't someone, then you'll just have to ask for help somewhere to get you started.

If all else fails eat a fortune cookie and write a book how it decided your life and be a millionare