LEAF X MD - HUZZAH (Balrog's Theme Remix)

Apr 26, 2009 at 6:19 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Hi, this is rtnario, haven't posted here for some time after I finished hell and listened to the Cave Story Soundtrack as much as possible. XD

I've posted some of my Cave Story remixes here and they were MIDI. If I can recall, I put Town Of Leaves, Ground Zero & A Home To Call My Own. I got really good comments from them too, so thanks again to those who listened to my MIDI remixes ^_^

Since the Cave Story Music thread seems to have died, I'mma post my random remix here.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/233255

I've learned a lot since the days of my MIDI remixes, so now this remix is fully VST. I made this when I was experimenting with EQ and pan settings. Primarily, it was because I recently listened to Balrog's theme and thought, "...wouldn't that sound great with guitars?"

So I downloaded a remixed version from the Cave Story Remix Project site. It was okay, but it wasn't what I was looking for. And since I was experimenting, I chose to remix the track myself.

So there. Hope you guys like it. ^^

EDIT:
NG-haters and quality freaks (I'm included there), here is another download link to this song.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tmunobemnzz

Apr 26, 2009 at 6:50 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Wow, this is quite good. I'm impressed that you managed to make something so cool out of Balrog's theme, which was one of my least favorite songs in the game.

Apr 26, 2009 at 7:10 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
wedge of cheese said:
Wow, this is quite good. I'm impressed that you managed to make something so cool out of Balrog's theme, which was one of my least favorite songs in the game.

Wow, thanks! Thanks for the comments; I really appreciate them :)

Least favorite though? I wonder why...then again, there aren't much flaws in the soundtrack itself...so it's reasonable XD

Apr 26, 2009 at 11:06 PM
graters gonna grate
Yeah, CS didn't have any bad tracks, but it did have a few "just ok" tracks, Balrog's theme being one of those IMO.

Apr 27, 2009 at 3:00 AM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
wedge of cheese said:
Yeah, CS didn't have any bad tracks, but it did have a few "just ok" tracks, Balrog's theme being one of those IMO.

Personally, I really hated 0000.
Grrr.
Now it's stuck in my head.
X_X

Apr 27, 2009 at 6:57 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
rtnario said:
Hi, this is rtnario, haven't posted here for some time after I finished hell and listened to the Cave Story Soundtrack as much as possible. XD

I've posted some of my Cave Story remixes here and they were MIDI. If I can recall, I put Town Of Leaves, Ground Zero & A Home To Call My Own. I got really good comments from them too, so thanks again to those who listened to my MIDI remixes ^_^

Since the Cave Story Music thread seems to have died, I'mma post my random remix here.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/233255

I've learned a lot since the days of my MIDI remixes, so now this remix is fully VST. I made this when I was experimenting with EQ and pan settings. Primarily, it was because I recently listened to Balrog's theme and thought, "...wouldn't that sound great with guitars?"

So I downloaded a remixed version from the Cave Story Remix Project site. It was okay, but it wasn't what I was looking for. And since I was experimenting, I chose to remix the track myself.

So there. Hope you guys like it. ^^

It's probably quite good but the thing is I don't really like metal music at all so what I think doesn't really matter

Apr 27, 2009 at 7:58 AM
@wedge of cheese
Yeah, true. But it's definitely something to have a soundtrack without a single bad track anyway, right? ^^

@DragonBoots
...0000? *does some searching*

@Uncy Dave
Aww, too bad; most everything I make is metal after all XD Eventually I'd make a ballad song one way or another, so I'll just post it here if ever. =)

Apr 27, 2009 at 8:01 AM
rtnario said:
@DragonBoots
...0000? *does some searching*

Track 0000 (refering to the value called by CMU in the TSC scripts in-game) is the equivalent of "Nothing" or "Silence".
I have a song that doesn't exist stuck in my head.
Also, remix 0000 plz.

Apr 27, 2009 at 8:10 AM
@DragonBoots
I would, but it seems FL Studio and other programs can't handle. Such a waste =/ XD

Also, for people who hate NG, I have a MediaFire link up...it's in the first post.

Apr 27, 2009 at 8:12 AM
"Huzzah!"
i thoght alright

Apr 27, 2009 at 8:16 AM
lulz
isEmpty not understand!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!
Erm.
>_>
Someone.
Should become the most epic person ever and figure out a way to import MP3 music into CS.

Apr 27, 2009 at 8:21 AM
@DragonBoots
Dude, if that was possible, I would've been importing the Cave Story Remix Project and more. Of course, HUZZAH included >> << XD

Apr 27, 2009 at 8:24 AM
rtnario said:
@DragonBoots
Dude, if that was possible, I would've been importing the Cave Story Remix Project and more. Of course, HUZZAH included >> << XD

It.
Must be possible.
Grrr...
It will happen, or the Gods themselves will kill themselves!

Ps. Roffle. My site ish teh far betters than yers!

Apr 27, 2009 at 5:03 PM
graters gonna grate
@DragonBoots: someone already did remix 0000, his name was John Cage.

Apr 27, 2009 at 8:20 PM
wedge of cheese said:
@DragonBoots: someone already did remix 0000, his name was John Cage.

O_O

May 4, 2009 at 7:18 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Who's John Cage?

May 4, 2009 at 5:14 PM
graters gonna grate
He wrote a song called 4' 33". All it is is just 4 minutes and 33 seconds of silence.

May 5, 2009 at 8:01 PM
He who lurks beneath the posts.
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
o.o ... (Is ashamed at own music and favorite'ing at the same time)

May 6, 2009 at 3:41 AM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Wow, John Cage comes up here. :o