Last Cave (Unhidden)

Mar 30, 2021 at 3:16 AM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
does anyone even know what this looks like?????

Mar 30, 2021 at 3:20 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
You mean the default Last Cave that you step into if you don't have the Booster 2.0?

Mar 30, 2021 at 3:27 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Download a save file from cavestory.org and send some screenshots and video footage back here so it can be documented.

Mar 30, 2021 at 7:23 AM
War criminal
A white wind blows onto you... All your weapons are at Lvl MAX!

Mar 31, 2021 at 1:39 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
A story goes that if you have played Cave Story with the most useless equipment throughout the whole game and backhop your way through the presser to get to the last cave.

You'll have the misunfortune to go the unhidden Last Cave.

Apr 2, 2021 at 2:28 AM
Based Member
in fact, there's no such thing as a non-hidden Last Cave. Last Cave (Hidden) is the only room with "Last Cave" in its name. Are you thinking of Final Cave?
Huh, I only just realized that. I either totally wasn't paying attention to that, or knew it a long time ago and forgot. The same naming convention is used in both the AGTP translation and the NICALiS translation. Wonder why there's that discrepancy.

Also hi Dunc, haven't seen you posting here in a while, except to talk about CSE2 issues.

Apr 3, 2021 at 3:06 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
in fact, there's no such thing as a non-hidden Last Cave. Last Cave (Hidden) is the only room with "Last Cave" in its name. Are you thinking of Final Cave?
How did I not even notice that?

Apr 3, 2021 at 4:20 PM
War criminal
Somewhere, there is a third version called the Ultimate Cave.

Apr 4, 2021 at 11:59 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Huh, I only just realized that. I either totally wasn't paying attention to that, or knew it a long time ago and forgot. The same naming convention is used in both the AGTP translation and the NICALiS translation. Wonder why there's that discrepancy.

Also hi Dunc, haven't seen you posting here in a while, except to talk about CSE2 issues.
I think it's a relic of Nicalis starting with AGTP. There's old footage of Wiiware saying "Sacred Grounds - B1" and such. There's another pair of maps with the same issue. Prefab Building and Prefab House.

Nice to see you too btw, I've been keeping an eye on things again since I'm working on a rando update

Jun 20, 2021 at 4:05 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
does anyone even know what this looks like?????
I've seen vids of it but I've never actually played through it. I had the booster 0.8 on my first playthrough, but I never finished it, and then probably looked up a walkthrough and got 2.0 on my first finished playthrough.