Last Cave 2?

Jan 29, 2014 at 12:50 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I've been a fan of Cave Story for a long time now, and I've never heard of a Last Cave 2 before... I only heard about it after trying to find a Soundtrack on youtube. Apparently, it's in CS3D. (Which I never played) Can someone help clarify this? (I know about the 2 different Last Caves depending if you saved Curly or not, but the music doesn't change for either of them.)

Jan 29, 2014 at 2:09 PM
Apparently, the second LC music is for the one where you don't have the requirements (Like Booster 2.0, Iron Bond, and no Mimiga Mask).
I don't know why they made a second one, maybe to tell players that they still have things to do? It seems really weird to me.

Jan 29, 2014 at 4:19 PM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
If I remember correctly, I believe Last Cave 2 was the last cave most people who achieve the best ending (ie: completionists) go through. The normal Last Cave is pretty similar in terms of level themes and enemies, but it has level design more suited to players who don't have the Booster 2.0. Also, there's no Red Demon boss fight.
And the music change between levels is exclusive to CS3D and CS+, because there's only one track for Last Cave in the other versions of CS. Last Cave 2 is in all versions (I think) but getting there depends on whether or not you have those specific requirements.

Love the music though. That sax...

Jan 29, 2014 at 9:14 PM
That might be the case, seeing as I never go for the normal ending... I was just confused because in the original version of Cave Story, there was only 1 track for either Last Caves. I didn't realize that they went out of their way a bit to make a second Last Cave song if you didn't meet the requirements for Last Cave (Hidden).

*EDIT* I made it to the Last Cave in Cave Story+ and the song is not different regardless if you got the hidden one or not. So I guess we're back at square 1... Tested it with the Mimiga Mask and without it and it was the same both times.

Jan 29, 2014 at 11:46 PM
2dbro
Huh, I've never heard of a Last Cave 2..

I've played through Cave Story practically in and out... and so far I have not seen any differences with the Last Cave. I haven't got the Mimiga Mask ending, though. So far, it seems there must be a second Last Cave because there is a second music..
So, I just saw the video of the CS3D music.. it sounds a bit deeper. I wonder though, since I don't have CS3D, and CS3D does have some additions, like extra Life Capsules and a findable Beast Fang. (You can find it by getting the Rocket Launcher in Egg Corridor then revisiting the building and looking in the chest again.. I think..)

Jan 30, 2014 at 12:51 AM
Rubyyoshi said:
I've been a fan of Cave Story for a long time now, and I've never heard of a Last Cave 2 before... I only heard about it after trying to find a Soundtrack on youtube. Apparently, it's in CS3D. (Which I never played) Can someone help clarify this? (I know about the 2 different Last Caves depending if you saved Curly or not, but the music doesn't change for either of them.)
I'm willing to bet that it's a track that's never played. I know, shocking, right? The Last Cave (Hidden) is the "Last Cave 2", if you want to consider it. Reached by saving Curly, not obtaining the Booster v0.8, and receiving the Iron Bond, the map is significantly harder. Maze based sectors with death littered on every wall, the Red Devil, and a stream of bats as your only way to recover.

2DBro said:
Huh, I've never heard of a Last Cave 2..

I've played through Cave Story practically in and out... and so far I have not seen any differences with the Last Cave. I haven't got the Mimiga Mask ending, though. So far, it seems there must be a second Last Cave because there is a second music..
So, I just saw the video of the CS3D music.. it sounds a bit deeper. I wonder though, since I don't have CS3D, and CS3D does have some additions, like extra Life Capsules and a findable Beast Fang. (You can find it by getting the Rocket Launcher in Egg Corridor then revisiting the building and looking in the chest again.. I think..)
I've gotten the Mimiga Mask Ending, but no external music was heard, and the Beast Fang isn't possible to obtain without performing a glitch.

Jan 30, 2014 at 1:23 AM
Perpetually out of it
2DBro said:
Not to mention the Inner Wall as a new area. (Yes, that is a thing.)

Feb 7, 2014 at 3:39 AM
Just a soundtrack, as far as I know.