King: Strife and Sacrifice (AKA King's Story)

Sep 4, 2013 at 6:23 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
"soon" and "Noxid" dont' usually go well together

Sep 4, 2013 at 6:57 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
This is true.

Sep 4, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Still this is a well made mod.

Sep 4, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Yeah I know

Oct 9, 2013 at 4:53 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I can't figure it out with math problem. I try use easy mode for math puzzle. Still clueless in lab. I don't know what is password. I use card but it said need password for number. I keep trying but still nothing happen. So I don't know what kind math puzzle is that. Maybe it different than I know. Maybe math puzzle is more advance than I know. Can anyone help me?

Oct 9, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
zeldazx said:
I can't figure it out with math problem. I try use easy mode for math puzzle. Still clueless in lab. I don't know what is password. I use card but it said need password for number. I keep trying but still nothing happen. So I don't know what kind math puzzle is that. Maybe it different than I know. Maybe math puzzle is more advance than I know. Can anyone help me?
Yeah, maybe there should have been some sort of specification as to what sort of difficulty level the math question was. Didn't the titlescreen settings say it was a "simple" question? I only played through the demo once.

Besides, that math question was more of a chemistry question, in my opinion. But yeah, it is 1234 either way. I think. I got that number with the difficulty (?) math settings, and my friend, who has a strong dislike for math, turned them off and got 1234.

Oct 9, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Professional Whatever
Honestly I never figured it out either, I eventually had to open the game and search for king's reaction dialogue to figure out the code.

Oct 9, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Random-storykeeper said:
Yeah, maybe there should have been some sort of specification as to what sort of difficulty level the math question was. Didn't the titlescreen settings say it was a "simple" question? I only played through the demo once.

Besides, that math question was more of a chemistry question, in my opinion. But yeah, it is 1234 either way. I think. I got that number with the difficulty (?) math settings, and my friend, who has a strong dislike for math, turned them off and got 1234.
Chemistry question? I never take that class. Not even my deaf school have. It does have science class, but I never have take science math. I wish my deaf school do better.

Oct 10, 2013 at 5:34 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
if you have the math thing turned off it's a "follow instructions" puzzle, as in you have to read what you have and what you need and figure out what thing to put in the other thing
if you have the math enabled, it's that plus some elementary addition and subtraction

Oct 10, 2013 at 5:55 AM
Beakface
But it's a matter of knowing how to find the numbers you want in order to plug them into the equation. Not everyone who plays knows what a molar mass or how to...what was it, find the density of the minerals? All I remember is that I felt shame for having to pull out a pen and notebook to write out all the amounts and calculations. It was like, "this guy is making me think about math" and in the end, it was just a simple sequence of numbers. Oh well.

Oct 11, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
So are you still working on this mod at least occasionally? When/can we except a next release at all?

Oct 11, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I felt foolish scouring all corners of the internet for various formulas and wondered why it didn't add up right when it turned out that there were machines on the bottom floor that calculated two of the three figures for you, which I found out hours later.

Oct 12, 2013 at 1:21 AM
Beakface
You know what also doesn't go together: "mods" and "complete", unless "in" is between them.

andwhyisit said:
I felt foolish scouring all corners of the internet for various formulas and wondered why it didn't add up right when it turned out that there were machines on the bottom floor that calculated two of the three figures for you, which I found out hours later.
I felt bad just for having to write my calculations on paper. By "simple" math problem, I thought it meant some basic addition or subtraction or something.

Oct 12, 2013 at 1:28 AM
Professional Whatever
It's simple for noxid. What a sadist freak we should all shun him forever

Oct 12, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I didn't find the question super hard. A tad annoying, but I made it eventually.

Oct 12, 2013 at 5:24 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I gave the question an honest attempt without knowing anything aside from density... I eventually caved in and had to switch it to easy.

Nov 19, 2013 at 4:10 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Call me a nerd (though honestly, playing cave story mods, we're all nerds), but I really enjoyed the math problem. And then when I finally typed in the answer I wanted to headdesk. Good times.

Is there any way to go and meet the doctor in the current release? Or is he just stuck behind the cave-in for now?