King Arthur's Gold

May 11, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
by Michał Marcinkowski, the creator of Soldat and Link-Dead.

p168505-0-kingarthursgold2.gif

This game has similarities between Terraria, Minecraft and Ace of Spades in terms of concepts and being tile-based, and includes mining and building.

There are three classes, archer, knight and builder. As you can assume, they serve there implied purposes -- though, knights throw bombs, and builders can build catapults, workshops, and "traps."

p168505-1-spikepit.png

The main game mode is capture the flag, but in early beta stages, they had a game mode where you mined and stashed gold, and whichever team had the most won. I think that game mode is still around.

diph.php

They've even gone so far as to add a zombie survival game mode for both single and multiplayer. It featured a day and night cycle, so it got sort of intense at times. You can make torches and a base, but the zombies try to destroy both.

There's more to the game, as you can see at the devlog and on the forums, but much of it is reserved for premium (they're actually having a sale right now, for $10). There is a classic, free mode that basically resembles the game as it was a year or so ago--it was pretty endearing.

That's all I have on this game. It's fun. It's updated fairly regularly. I believe you can try test builds, which is testing things such as boats, wooden fortresses, and fire, among other things. If you like things like Soldat, or Ace of Spades, you might enjoy this.

Developer's Youtube