Kick Reason to the Curb

Jan 15, 2019 at 3:06 AM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Post about times you did the impossible and beat the odds. Can be about anything as long as it's cool, whether that be clutching a solo squad win in fortnite when your teammates are down or beating that super hard boss while you've only got one health.

To start, I recently aced a math test I didn't study for or even take notes on the subject. By sheer will alone I managed to learn the subject by looking at the test questions and finished with mere seconds remaining. Yeah i missed a few questions but it was still pretty awesome I didnt fail. anyway, if i got them all correct id be a nerd, so im glad i didnt.

What about you guys?

(im still not sure what sattelite lounge is supposed to be used for so if im breaking any forum rules, im sorry

i lowkey expect for no responses on this thread anyway)

Jan 15, 2019 at 3:31 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I passed my game dev class last year just by failing miserably at making some sort of beat 'em up. I had to do almost all of the work and even with the notes my group partners and I had on Unity, neither of us never really understood what any of the C# scripts did excluding the variables and strings being plugged in. We all got an A in the end, effectively passing us in class.

tl;dr Chad Maker Studio > Virgin Unity, just saiyan

Jan 15, 2019 at 6:50 PM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
I passed my game dev class last year just by failing miserably at making some sort of beat 'em up. I had to do almost all of the work and even with the notes my group partners and I had on Unity, neither of us never really understood what any of the C# scripts did excluding the variables and strings being plugged in. We all got an A in the end, effectively passing us in class.

tl;dr Chad Maker Studio > Virgin Unity, just saiyan
That sounds pretty stressful. It's great you managed to get it done though; I've been in a ton of group projects that didn't go anywhere near as well, and that grade hurt.

Reminds me of another time when I had a project that we'd been given 6 months to make, and I did it all on the night before since I forgot about it, getting a B in the process.

Jan 16, 2019 at 5:33 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
When you did something completely unimportant but feel on top of the world anyways:
Getting a B+ in a Spanish Class.
Making an Org that everyone calls 'half-baked'
Beating a boss but the game crashes right afterward
Making a theory that sounds good but is really dumb at the same time
Making a mediocre picture that's 360 x 240
Getting a 20 minute long Cave Story mod done after 2+ years of working on it
Making a funny joke that nobody laughs at.

Hmm... I think I went off topic...

Jan 16, 2019 at 8:02 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Congrats, me too!
Or, was it 1st grade?

Jan 16, 2019 at 11:40 PM
CSE Discord Admin
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I got a 100 on a math test without a calculator.

Jan 17, 2019 at 12:10 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Jan 17, 2019 at 5:08 AM
"Huzzah!"
Me and my cousin were playing Classic Mode on Super Smash Bros ultimate, and until then I had never manage to get above 9.0 in intensity. We both picked our favorite characters, (I was Dedede and he was Ike,) and had managed to reduce master hand and crazy hand to a slither of health.
I was KO'd off of the stage, and both bosses were nearly dead. I shout, "You have to land the final hit!" And my cousin up-special's both of them at the same time.

It was glorious, we finished with a 9.7 intensity. Not the highest, but it's still up there.

Jan 17, 2019 at 4:55 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
KingDinner Big Shock.pngWOAH! That's awesome!
I also play as Dedede