Kero Blaster, A New Game by Pixel

Apr 14, 2014 at 6:13 AM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
andwhyisit said:
It also carries a significant amount of risk. Said dll could contain trojans. It is much better to grab the file from a program that is known for including it, just FYI.
Thank you, I'll keep that in mind.

But that was one seriously dedicated office lady...

Apr 15, 2014 at 2:57 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
PolarStarGames said:
I MODIFIED SOME SCRIPTS TO GET THINGS I SHOULDN'T HAVE

I've only figured out how to make the Jetpack, Jacket and Bubbler work. None of the other weapons are being added correctly...not implemented???
We seem to be in the same boat… I've been able to edit just as much as you (except without knowing where the dialogue text is located [I probably just didn't look in the right place]).

Apr 15, 2014 at 3:03 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
the dialogue is in /localization/eng/explain.pxevent

Apr 15, 2014 at 10:22 AM
Noxid said:
pixel stated that the frog and cat are not frog and ame

This video seems to say otherwise. Were you being sarcastic?

And,
EnlightenedOne said:
We seem to be in the same boat… I've been able to edit just as much as you (except without knowing where the dialogue text is located [I probably just didn't look in the right place]).
I was able to find all the dialogues/script events but I couldn't find any way to enable booster/bubbler. Could you please explain how?

Apr 15, 2014 at 1:34 PM
IdioticBaka1824 said:
Fixed your video.

Code:
[youtube]rFnwWd6kRO4[/youtube]

Apr 15, 2014 at 3:17 PM
Oh, thanks.

Apr 15, 2014 at 4:03 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
In that video, he said that it was inspired by that manga, so the inspiration could've just been "Oh hey, this thing has a frog and a cat, I'll make a game about a frog and a cat"

Apr 15, 2014 at 11:22 PM
And now it seems (at least from the new promotional material) that the design of Ame isn't even in the game anymore, but instead we get the other black-cat character from the manga as a co-worker of sorts.

It's likely a design-only thing, though it isn't that far-fetched that it would be possible to have the game's office story work alongside the manga.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Another note: The video confirmed a theory of mine that Studio Pixel had recruited a second member to the team! Who has been working on map/level design so Daisuke has time to focus on art/music/other within the deadline to release a much better game a year late.

I originally had suspicions that the second guy found in Pink Hour's credits was, like, from Playism and had simply designed Pink Hour for promotional value, but wasn't making the actual game. Turns out that it's not the case! (I wonder if this is temporary or if he's gonna stick for whatever comes next).

Apr 15, 2014 at 11:59 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Pixel specifically stated that Frog and Ame are separate characters canonically to this game's characters.

Apr 17, 2014 at 12:02 AM
andwhyisit said:
Pixel specifically stated that Frog and Ame are separate characters canonically to this game's characters.
This thread is seriously a broken record...

Let's change that:
p165591-0-image.jpg

Taken from a PAX East interview, it seems that Pixel has hastily called dibs on cosplaying his new lead character first before anyone else gets the chance... you sly one you....

Apr 17, 2014 at 8:25 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I recently found out the cost for this game ($4.99 for iOS???) and am now a bit hesitant on getting it. Not so much because it's too costly (though I've never spent more than $0.99 on an iOS game before :/), but if the price correlates to the game's length, then I'm not sure if it's going to take up too much of my device's storage. I'm running a little low on space at the moment; guess now is a good time to start clearing up space.

Also regarding the above picture: it looks like the frog's face is opposite to Pixel's. I can see a mouth line around the back of his head...neat.

Apr 17, 2014 at 8:50 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
all of cave story fits in /1 megabyte/
come on it's pixel we're talking about don't shit yourself, he knows all about space efficiency

Apr 17, 2014 at 11:07 AM
Offensive User
Who cares/why does it matter. There's an iOS game coming out next week that I'm really excited for that's launching at $5, and even /that's/ going to be ~50 megabytes.

Apr 17, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Professional Whatever
if you don't like it you can buy a new game for your 3DS for $50 instead

Apr 17, 2014 at 3:58 PM
Beakface
Thanks for the uh comforting words guys. Most apps I have though have started out at tens of MB but grow to hundreds. I've seen lengthy exploration/adventure games on the App Store and most of them take up a couple hundred megs if not more. Then they keep increasing in size as the game saves progress/customisation preferences etc. So the specified size in the store isn't always the size you're going to end up with after a couple months of playing.

Like I said, the cost isn't really a huge of a concern in the sense that it is too expensive. Of course, I do expect quality when purchasing it. Game developers can't just create a great game and then expect to be paid for creating junk. Kero Blaster doesn't, from what I can see, for sure. I want to enjoy the game to its full potential without any storage issues.

Apr 17, 2014 at 4:35 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
I, on the other hand, will be getting my first iOS gift card thing just to buy this game with. :3

I usually don't bother with spending money on mobile games, but this one is too good to pass up!

(Also, Pixel's cosplay gets a tenouttaten. It's great. :p)

Apr 18, 2014 at 6:42 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Random-storykeeper said:
Thanks for the uh comforting words guys. Most apps I have though have started out at tens of MB but grow to hundreds. I've seen lengthy exploration/adventure games on the App Store and most of them take up a couple hundred megs if not more. Then they keep increasing in size as the game saves progress/customisation preferences etc. So the specified size in the store isn't always the size you're going to end up with after a couple months of playing.
If the save data and preferences ever exceeded 20kb I would be genuinely surprised. Again, this is Pixel we are talking about. Actually, I'll correct myself there. I would simply assume any bloat to be Apple's handling of this data. Even if that were the case Kero Blaster would still be one of the most lightweight games on the app store.

tl;dr: Neither length of play nor price will ever be viable indicators of storage consumption.

Apr 18, 2014 at 8:30 AM
Beakface
Good, but I probably should get rid of some apps that have been crashing recently. I'm actually really excited for its release. I've heard complaints that it's going to be identical to Cave Story, but even if it is, who cares. It'll make it a lot easier to show it off to people, or take it on the go.

Apr 18, 2014 at 2:31 PM
Offensive User
andwhyisit said:
Even if that were the case Kero Blaster would still be one of the most lightweight games on the app store.
Oh yeah before I forget I should probably mention that Azarachi iOS takes up even less space than Flappy Bird (about half iirc)
The more you know

Apr 18, 2014 at 8:11 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I'm hoping someone can help me, as I can't figure out what the problem is. I downloaded Pink Hour, and I have DirectX 11, but when the game loads there's no image. There's a blue window, it plays the music, and I can walk around, but I can't see it. Do you know of any way to fix it? I tried downloading both language versions but it made no difference.