Kero Blaster, A New Game by Pixel

Apr 19, 2014 at 7:22 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Random-storykeeper said:
I've heard complaints that it's going to be identical to Cave Story
Don't believe it for a second. All reports from Pixel and anyone who's played it at PAX are that it plays different to Cave Story. Every game Pixel has ever produced has been different from the last, and I doubt that this will be an exception.

Apr 19, 2014 at 7:41 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Funny, some fans demand he do something different when he's never really expressed desire to ride on Cave Story's success anyway, others demand he arbitrarily inject Cave Story anything into the game...or even want it to be just like Cave Story, judging it in the same way. It's a little odd. Personally, I think he should be allowed to do whatever he'd like, and it seems he picked a good road with this game...

May 17, 2014 at 7:03 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Guys! I've looked everywhere, but I can't find the Kuro Blaster. Which level is it on the post game?

May 17, 2014 at 7:19 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
KaminoShimobe said:
Guys! I've looked everywhere, but I can't find the Kuro Blaster. Which level is it on the post game?
The Kuro Blaster is found in places during levels that you couldn't access before, which you can now with your Jetpack and other things. I believe there are three places where you can get the Kuro Blaster and upgrade it twice. It's only the earliest levels, though - once you get to the point where you have all weapons and the Jetpack, you won't find any secret areas.

If you really can't find them...

The first chance is during the first level, where you can use the Fire (or Fan?) to break a section of wiring on the floor, drop down, and enter a secret area.
The second area is at the very beginning of Oxox Hotel. You can use the Jetpack to jump to a ledge and continue onwards to a short path.
The last is during White Laboratories. When you drop down near the beginning, you can find a section with ice blocks you may have noticed before. Breaking them with your flamethrower will reveal a small ice block stack you'll need to use to reach it.

There may be others, but I'm not aware of them.

Aug 7, 2014 at 12:27 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
kero blaster.. i think i need to play this maybe..