Kazuma Knew Quote Before Cave Story?

Nov 8, 2012 at 5:28 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Kazuma could just have really poor eyesight. I mean he never opens his eyes, how is he supposed to be able to tell who Quote is?
You mean like Brock in Pokemon? :p

Nov 9, 2012 at 4:30 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
p157321-0-4d56e1b6f82bea4abad815974be530301248698684full.png

You are mistaken.

Nov 18, 2012 at 6:47 PM
Pirate Member
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Am I the only one who understands what he said?

Basically he read the story in a old book or something similar.

Nov 19, 2012 at 9:45 AM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Am I the only one who understands what he said?

Basically he read the story in a old book or something similar.

Could you screencap that or at the very least tell me what scene it's from so I can go look? I've played the game through so many times it's not funny and I don't remember anything about a book.

Jun 20, 2013 at 3:05 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I think Kazuma Made quote

I think Kazuma Made quote

Apr 14, 2014 at 11:15 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Kazuma, Professor Booster, Sue, and King were in Arthur's House when the time came before Quote went to the Sand Zone to destroy the flowers, and Prof. Booster explians the situation, where he tells everybody in the room that Quote is a armed-recon robot sent to the island 10 years ago, then that's when Kazuma learns he's a robot (come on, the guy can't even open his eyes...) and that's when he can tell you that after the talk's over and before you enter the sand zone.

Apr 20, 2014 at 9:02 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
What if momorin was the professor igor knew, and she lived with kazuma while he was a boy with their father? One day, they all fell off the outer wall, and igor thought they died, but they were caught on prof. Booster's helicopter. However, while they were at they Outer Wall moments before they fell, they saw quote and curly, and introduced themselves? imeanthatmightbetruebutyoucanignoreifyouwant.

Apr 20, 2014 at 10:06 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Robosnakejr said:
What if momorin was the professor igor knew, and she lived with kazuma while he was a boy with their father? One day, they all fell off the outer wall, and igor thought they died, but they were caught on prof. Booster's helicopter. However, while they were at they Outer Wall moments before they fell, they saw quote and curly, and introduced themselves? imeanthatmightbetruebutyoucanignoreifyouwant.
Uhhh....

Then why does Sue call Igor a monster, and Igor attacks Sue, when they should technically know each other in this situation?

(Plus a bunch of other backstory that is thrown out the window in that theory.)

Apr 21, 2014 at 10:39 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Well, sue didn't exist yet, but what about the other backstory that my theories ignores? I'm wondering how my theory is wrong.

Apr 22, 2014 at 12:10 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
43501 said:
Could you screencap that or at the very least tell me what scene it's from so I can go look? I've played the game through so many times it's not funny and I don't remember anything about a book.
You missed the point. He said "or something similar". Basically what he is saying is that Kazuma knew of Quote, but had neither met nor seen him. His understanding of Quote's exploits from ten years ago is clearly not from personal experience. Whether that came from books or word of mouth or some other means cannot be proved. However given that Kazuma didn't recognise Quote, didn't recognise Quote as a robot, was surprised at his state of build, and wasn't even on the island back then I would suggest that first-hand experience is off the table.

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:19 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Kazuma could have very well been in the war. Maybe that is why he has a bandage on his face.
p157332-0-cavestoryiconkazumasakamotobycnex5d4lr59f.png

Jul 16, 2014 at 10:23 PM
Based Member
Silverpaw19 said:
Kazuma could have very well been in the war. Maybe that is why he has a bandage on his face.
p157332-0-cavestoryiconkazumasakamotobycnex5d4lr59f.png
The war takes place 10 years prior to the events of Cave Story. Most people don't keep bandages over a scar for 10 years. It's also very unlikely that Kazuma would have been involved in the war at all considering that he probably isn't any older than 18 during Cave Story, and thus couldn't have been any older than 8 during the war.

Jul 19, 2014 at 1:35 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
I'm sure I've seen it a fair bit in anime stylings. Is there a name for it/does it represent something?

Jul 20, 2014 at 11:57 AM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
Maybe when he was being chased, he tripped and fell. I'm sure he had many close calls before the game begins.