KASHUNGO!

Apr 3, 2009 at 10:33 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Hey everyone!
I've been making a new mod cause my old one sucked but I've been getting slightly bored of this new one so i decided to take a break and make a short one
Nothing like a speed run mod eh? So i decided to take the initiative and make my own. You have the option of playing without the speed run where there will be saves around the level and i suggest you do this first cause the speed run is a bitch and I haven't managed to finish it myself yet but it is possible. The last boss is slightly annoying cause I gave it a crap load of health so i decided to make the weapons slightly overpowered. There's a face picture for the guide frog but If you get confused whether you or guide frog is talking, the main frog character does not talk at all so just keep that in mind.

Screen1.jpg

Screen2.jpg

Oh no! It's bobby sprinkles!

Screen3.jpg

Guide Frog is Damn Hot

Enjoy! http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=3f671870988258c28c9e7c56ba37815f8dc3c57118a9d7f7

Apr 3, 2009 at 12:05 PM
"Huzzah!"
downloading now frogs look cool

Apr 3, 2009 at 12:28 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Seeing as this is a speedy mod I guess there's no need for SPOILERS, so instead you can face the wrath of my REGULAR NOTES. I haven't played your other mod yet (although I will now), so let's wot u got...
-If you don't select speed run then the music in the first room won't play. I LIKE the funky weapon energy animation though, and guide frog is just awesome :D
-If you don't talk to guide frog in the second room, you can still activate the computer and he'll just sit there.
-OWL GHOOOOOOSTS D:
-The fourth room is definitely... interesting o_O For some reason the boss doesn't die right away when its health runs out though.
-I think you edited the hearts, but the trouble is that the ones that enemies drop also work that way too now :(
-The sideways presses are all set to slam to the left, meaning the ones ON the left don't move at all when you fall down the middle.

I'm stopping there because I'm pretty certain the room after that is impossible. There's nowhere to walk past the spikes and at the moment I don't feel like repeatedly going through the falling level and then randomly jumping to see if one is safe.

Apr 4, 2009 at 12:08 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
Yeah I made the hearts evil for fun
The thing where you don't really have to talk to guide frog was just for convenience cause it's not possible to make anything invisible by setting a skip flag or anything so you.

If you really need to now how to do the fourth room just before the spikes, you get the booster equip but not the item. I thought i'd do it that way so it'd be less obvious

Apr 4, 2009 at 4:48 AM
"Huzzah!"
how do youget past hearts

Apr 4, 2009 at 6:13 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
An expertly timed jump
what you should do is go through without the speed run first so you have saves in a few of the maps cause that way you will know how to do everything and then you can speed run it. I suppose it was slightly evil of me to make all hearts kill you so I might update or something, add a few more levels, make the hearts do only 1 or damage and some more stuff like that just to fix it up

Apr 4, 2009 at 6:16 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
You gotta jump at the right spot.

As for the -=FINAL BOSS=-
The first two forms you can just sit on the left hand side and spam fire and he can't hurt you. The first form gets stuck on the slope, and the second just jumps in place. The third form however is awful because 2 hits kill you and by that time my shooting finger is getting worn out thanks to the HUGE amount of life you gave them :< If there's a fourth form after that and if it's what I think it is then I don't know how you expect people to finish this. It was kinda funny at first but giving them all that much life doesn't really make it any more challenging. Otherwise the mod is okay, especially rooms 4 and 6. I might have a go at actually running it if you can fix up the end bit but at the moment I doubt I can do it.

EDIT: Okay, with the secret weapons the fight isn't nearly as slow, but hearts still kill you :( I think you'd be better off leaving hearts as giving +2 health and just using heart-shaped spike tiles instead.

Apr 4, 2009 at 8:11 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
Yeah maybe your right i should give him less health, maybe just some other kind of obstacle that you have to be aware of cause there is in fact a fourth form. But with the forth form there is pretty much already obstacles you could say cause the missles drop health. If your fingers really get that tired, there's already a little secret stage where you can get a snake, blade, nemesis or machine gun, all of which are slightly over powered I think the machine gun might be a little bit too powerful but I'm not giving away the exact whereabouts of the secret room. You'll find that the third screenshot will give you a bit of a clue cause I have a snake there so you can get the weapons before the break room. In a moment I'll update it and make everything slightly less anoying and fix up a couple of mistakes. Edit: I can't actually make hearts any less evil cause they still heal you. Sorry but the hearts can't be less evil.

Apr 5, 2009 at 9:47 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Ah, I see you made another mod Davy. FROGGGSSSSS!!!!

I've only gotten to room two, since I've only had like two minutes to play it, and in the second room filled with water, if you drown the frog turns into Quote. You might wanna fix that up.

Apr 6, 2009 at 6:54 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
Oh yeah right I'll fix thay up when and if I'll update it cause it was just a little bit of fun cause I got slightly bored of making my new mod which I haven't released a demo for yet so I might not update this but it will be good to fix a few things up

Apr 13, 2009 at 6:53 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
Any thing to add to that? Anything I can do to make it better perhaps?