Kaeso's Mod (unfinished)

Sep 6, 2008 at 2:39 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Kageryushin said:
I am umimpressed.

-Fanwank main character.
-Crappy writing that worships said fanwank character.
-Pretty bad level design.
-Doesn't stand up to the quality standards set by other mods such as Jenka's Nightmare and Eternal Nightmare.
-Glitchy. Upon going through the entrance way created after the first boss, you get to one room and then you're suddenly teleported to another one out of nowhere.

Thumbs down.
Wow, that was blunt.

Edit-
I played up until the inner wall. At first, I get no gun, so I have to dodge those bloody critters. Second, the story is completely ridiculous, he let's his targets go? The first boss was murder because my Polar Star was level 1, so the second time I had to grind for several minutes, and then I get to the outer wall. I did fine for awhile, until I had a choice of which path to fall down. I chose the wrong one, and the save point was so far back, it wasn't worth the effort.

Jan 25, 2009 at 2:37 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Sweet so far ;D

Kinda difficult, but still quite good. And you were right about the facebox...

Jan 25, 2009 at 2:41 AM
Been here way too long...
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Hah this is kind of scrapped. I got tired of the douchebag protagonist I made up anyway. Curly is so much more fun to work with.

Anyway when I was transferring all my files to my new computer I didnt take this mod so.. I doubt I'll be working on this anymore.

Jan 25, 2009 at 4:43 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Lots of bugs that need to be worked out, but it looks like a lot of effort went into it and it's fairly fun to play.

for some reason, if you kill one evil bunny in the village and then read a sign, you go back to the top of the screen and all the miami's are gone.

BTW, to loose the "load" option, delete the profile.dat file.

Jan 25, 2009 at 9:30 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
This mod is all right, but you were right to switch to making Curly Brace's story, which looks like it's going to be awesome once it's finished.

Dec 2, 2009 at 8:18 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Link doesn't work for this one either? :/
(going down the list from this thread : http://www.cavestory.org/forums/ )
Re-grabbing all the mods to maybe make youtube videos of...

Dec 3, 2009 at 2:14 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Yeah hi, please post problems with quickie guide links IN the quickie guide thread so I can see them properly and/or so old threads don't get bumped.