Kaeso's Mod (unfinished)

Aug 5, 2008 at 6:59 AM
Been here way too long...
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Thanks for that post Bad Beholder it makes it easier for me thanks to the pictures.

What I noticed before I even stated playing was the file size of the main folder's files (Excluding the subfolders)- 6.66 MB? Of course, this really has to relevance to the mod itself, so I may edit this later to counter this tiny little bit of spam...

Thats probably because I forgot to delete all the original files I had to duplicate incase I messed something up >.> sorry about that.

Since Solidus couldn't enter the door to Final Cave, there was no choice but to head for the Throne Room. The 1st boss isn't too hard, especially if you use this cheap tactic...

Looks like i'll have to change the terrain a bit.

Inner wall wasn't too bad, either, aside from the instant death spikes on the bottom part... One of them above the exit even hovers in midair!

I'll fix that I didn't even notice it O.O

By killing the first enraged Mimiga then reading a sign, the entire area has been cleared of any Mimigas & broken robots except for whatever may be inside those doors. (It seems a script event that wasn't existant for that map was trying to be called, so instead it skipped ahead until it found a script to use.)

Thats wierd... I'll fix that too.

While in Mimiga Village, I noticed a door that's open, but it's still considered locked...

I noticed an oddly out of place darkness square above the entrance to the Gaudi tunnel in Mimiga Village, though it might be for something I don't know about later on...

I didn't see them >.> I'l fix them.

The bridge? Too many -10 spikes for my liking... If some of them were altered to the -5 variant, it might be okay...

I was looking for a way to make that part a bit easier I might use the -5 spikes.

Speaking of spikes, I noticed an invisible spiketrap (It's in the circle in the pic) that was rather unexpected and, perhaps, even accidental...

Yes that was accidental >.>

Another spike overload occurance is at the topmost part of Burning Sands... (On a side note, by the time I got here, I only had 12 health at maximum, while the save you initially included in the folder had more than that... Did I miss some Life Capsules along the way?) By the way, it's possible to squeeze right underneath some of the blocks nearby the slopes.

I think you have.. you should have 20 or 24 (can't remember). You beat the bridge with 12 Hp?!

A lot of the doorways in the door maze of Burning Sands aren't connected properly, though this could've been done on purpose...

Yes that was to make it a bit harder but I made sure that you can access every door there. (Theres a health capsule in one of the rooms.) But yeah the doors don't lead to where they look like they lead.

Upon Entering Robot Graveyard 1, Solidus can't be seen during the cutscene, but after it's finished, he pops up out of nowhere... At first, I figured he'd drop down from above for something, but I guess I'll have to see the actual result in a later release...

Tch I'll fix that

In the area with the battle against Curly, the entrance leads back to the Throne Room, which explains how I played through a 2nd time.

I thought I fixed that >.> The reason that happens is because I made the fight with curly as one of my first maps so In order to test it properly I had to connect it to the balcony for easy access.

That teleporter room in Gaudi City has no significance yet I was just playing around with an idea when I made that.

Thanks for the post Bad Beholder the pictures made it easy for me and showed me alot of bugs thanks again.

EDIT - I already fixed all the problems you listed :p Once again thanks for the pics I wouldnt've seen most of them myself.

Aug 5, 2008 at 7:46 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Alright, time to play this from the start... dunno how much of this BB mentioned since I kind of do this on the roll and I guess reading something twice won't exactly hurt you :p
Picking up from where I left off last time...
S-S-S-S-S-SPOILERS
-I liked the design for the Innerwall area, especially the use of Map System >_> Although depending on how challenging you want the mod to be I'd say that save point is a bit too forgiving, or at least the life capsule is, since nothing in that area hits very hard anyway and there's another one right after this area. Also Moonsong sounds a bit out of place here (since it's daytime o_O) and considering where it is I think that the Balcony theme might sound better.
-Now I run into the farm... and then the village. If I exit said village and re-enter, or try to read any of the signs, all of the Ravils disappear. Huh. The Assembly hall is locked despite there being no door, and there is a black foreground square near the exit of the town. Also, I'm not sure those blue robots were the attack robots sent to the island, if that's what you're trying to imply...
-You're right, drowning doesn't work for some reason. Odd... I like the design in this next area too. Tricky at first but not so bad once you get the trick.
-O look a cheOH MY GOD THEY'RE EVERYWHERE O_O
...I don't know how you set that fight up, but for some reason it ended before they were all dead and then they suddenly disappeared.
-Now through another town... killing innocent civilians along the way :p Again, I like the design for the Skyscraper. However... some of those moving blocks will overlap while moving and pass 'through' each other. If you jump close enough to those presses while on the platform below them then they will fall, and if you don't kill one of them before you get to them then you'll get stuck and be squished.
-Bridge time! Think I'll take a break here for the time being.

Other than all that there's the standard few doors that don't work properly (<PRI followed by changing the door sprite if applicable, then fade out and <TRA... IIRC). Otherwise this mod is turning out to be pleasantly long and decently challenging, it could just use some more fleshing out at the start and maybe some better spritework (we really need some Quote facepics for everyone to use but I can't draw :( ) Will get onto the rest soonish, maybe this evening or tomorrow.

Aug 5, 2008 at 8:16 AM
-O look a cheOH MY GOD THEY'RE EVERYWHERE O_O

That fight took me so freaking long to make... I quit for a month twice because of it >.> I don't think it's possible to make it so you have to kill everyone so I just made the NPC you have to kill in a hard to reach spot.

-Now through another town... killing innocent civilians along the way :p Again, I like the design for the Skyscraper. However... some of those moving blocks will overlap while moving and pass 'through' each other. If you jump close enough to those presses while on the platform below them then they will fall, and if you don't kill one of them before you get to them then you'll get stuck and be squished.

I'll see if I can make them not overlap.. might make it a bit harder too :p

Upon Entering Robot Graveyard 1, Solidus can't be seen during the cutscene, but after it's finished, he pops up out of nowhere... At first, I figured he'd drop down from above for something, but I guess I'll have to see the actual result in a later release...

@Bad Beholder- Are you sure about this? I just checked it and it works for me O.O

Aug 5, 2008 at 11:20 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
*sigh*

Sounds like a great mod but I don't ahve time to play it...

Maybe after exams? :p Sorry Kaeso.

(exams next week and it's over! btw).

Aug 8, 2008 at 5:22 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Time to continue, methinks...
READING THIS MAY MAKE YOUR MILK TURN SOUR
For setting the battle up to end when all the enemies die, I think Orfvar suggested a way a while ago, I'll dig that up... here.
-Heading back to re-enter the bridge after every death is a pain... it would be nice if you could cut down some of the Gaudis running around the city (there are quite a lot) or at least make some of them non-damaging, or maybe set a Skipflag so that the bridge doesn't have to be raised every single time.
-The Bridge is proving quite a challenge (I have 12HP same as BB). This was largely due to enemies standing/firing out of range of my weapons (aside from the missile launcher obviously). AI niggle: The first Gaudi Armor you see will jump backwards the moment you see him, causing him to land behind the raised block and resulting in having to wait until he jumps back over to damage him.
-Scratch that, there's no way I'm beating MonsterX with only 15 Missiles and 12 HP, at least without a few hours to spare, and Trainer Abu's Trainer doesn't work (it doesn't seem to like certain mods for some reason) so I can't skip it unless I decide to ramp up my HP which I have no way of lowering again afterwards. Flbfgbgflbfgblflgfglflbgfld.

Aug 8, 2008 at 6:18 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
-Scratch that, there's no way I'm beating MonsterX with only 15 Missiles and 12 HP, at least without a few hours to spare, and Trainer Abu's Trainer doesn't work (it doesn't seem to like certain mods for some reason) so I can't skip it unless I decide to ramp up my HP which I have no way of lowering again afterwards.
JTE made this thing called SaveEditor. You can use it. But since he uses maps AFTER 94, I doubt it'd work well.

Edit - Did I get the wrong person.. Or does Kaseo likes bent Pikachus...?
http://www.youtube.com/user/Kaseo

Aug 9, 2008 at 12:14 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Ergggh!!! I keep meaning to play this mod but I keep forgetting! Tonight...I will play it tonight!

jcys810 said:
Man. Just when I thought I've seen everything...

Aug 9, 2008 at 1:06 AM
He who lurks beneath the posts.
Ack no offense but that was more annoying than it was crazy...

Aug 9, 2008 at 1:46 AM
I'm up to the Bridge, with only 12 health, wondering where I missed life capsules...anyway, here's a list of all the problems I noticed.

If you die before saving, and continue, the game over music continues instead of the music that's supposed to play.
Balcony: Prefab Building door doesn't open when you enter it.
Prefab Building: Balcony door doesn't open when you enter it.
Yamashita Farm: Hyphen's speech, "Finish" should be a small f. "Piece" should be "peace", and preferrably followed by a comma.
Mimiga Village: All signs are broken. King's house's door is open, but claims to be locked. Door back to Yamashita Farm removes all Mimigas and robots, and plays text sound. Random black square near the exit to Underground Passage.
Underground passage: Evil!
Gaudi City: Gaudi Manor door doesn't open when you enter it. SkyScraper door doesn't open when you enter it.
Gaudi Manor: Left Gaudi: Should be "President's". President: Should be "That's". Door to Warp Room doesn't open when entered. Gaudis walk behind that door. Door to Gaudi City doesn't open when entered.
Warp Room: Door to Gaudi Manor doesn't open when entered.
Skyscraper: Gaudi City door doesn't open or make a sound when you enter it. Moving blocks can move through each other.
Bridge: Maintenance Shed door doesn't open when you enter it.
Maintenance Shed: Bridge door doesn't open when you enter it.

Long text should have pauses once per three lines instead of continuing and forcing you to read it before it scrolls off. Offenders: Gaudi President (might have added to the list if I made it further than that.)
ScyScraper: Second S should be small.

Aug 9, 2008 at 7:33 AM
set a Skipflag so that the bridge doesn't have to be raised every single time.

Will do.

LOL thats not me, my youtube account is KaesoTheKiller

If you die before saving, and continue, the game over music continues instead of the music that's supposed to play.
Balcony: Prefab Building door doesn't open when you enter it.
Prefab Building: Balcony door doesn't open when you enter it.
Yamashita Farm: Hyphen's speech, "Finish" should be a small f. "Piece" should be "peace", and preferrably followed by a comma.
Mimiga Village: All signs are broken. King's house's door is open, but claims to be locked. Door back to Yamashita Farm removes all Mimigas and robots, and plays text sound. Random black square near the exit to Underground Passage.
Underground passage: Evil!
Gaudi City: Gaudi Manor door doesn't open when you enter it. SkyScraper door doesn't open when you enter it.
Gaudi Manor: Left Gaudi: Should be "President's". President: Should be "That's". Door to Warp Room doesn't open when entered. Gaudis walk behind that door. Door to Gaudi City doesn't open when entered.
Warp Room: Door to Gaudi Manor doesn't open when entered.
Skyscraper: Gaudi City door doesn't open or make a sound when you enter it. Moving blocks can move through each other.
Bridge: Maintenance Shed door doesn't open when you enter it.
Maintenance Shed: Bridge door doesn't open when you enter it.

I fixed the doors and grammar issues.. I can't believe I spelt peace; piece :D

I don't know how i'm going to fix the death music playing but i'll look into it thanks for the post.

Edit- Does everyone only have 12hp or just the 2 people that said it?

Oh and the drowning thing fixed itself.. :p

Aug 9, 2008 at 12:25 PM
I've finally given this mod a spin and managed to get to the underground passage.

The first thing that strikes me is how linear the game is (well, at least up to where I got to). Throughout the game your just running down winding corridors. I would like to see more levels like Grasstown and the Plantation where your running back and fourth around the level, completing tasks.

Also, the way some items are placed are pretty uninspired. Leaving important items in chests at save points just because they're needed at the next section is pretty dull, and looks rather clumsy designwise. I'd prefer it if you introduced the items via cutscenes (like when you got the missile launcher from hyphen). And the life capsule at the save point in Innerwall was barely worth hiding (it drew too much attention to itself). Perhaps it should be better concealed (maybe requiring the use of your newly acquired map system to get to).

My final gripe is to do with the Underground Passage. Are the Gaudis within the water chamber really necessary? Clearing it of Gaudis then getting through the chamber is kind of boring.

Other than those minor criticisms, its quite a good mod. Keep it up! :p

Aug 9, 2008 at 10:39 PM
He who lurks beneath the posts.
Kaeso said:
Does everyone only have 12hp or just the 2 people that said it?

I don't know havn't played in a while xP

Kaeso said:
Oh and the drowning thing fixed itself.. :p

See all you have to do is nothing and everything... Scratch that- Some things will fix themselves xP.

Aug 16, 2008 at 9:14 AM
"Huzzah!"
This is a great mod what did you use to make the sprites?

Aug 16, 2008 at 9:42 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
A graphic editing program?

The most basic would be: Microsoft Paint (Automatically comes with your Windows computer, but if you use a Macintosh, I don't think it has any basic graphic editor.

Alternatives would be: Photoshop (Needs to pay), Paint Shop Pro (Needs to pay), GIMP (free of charge), GraphicsGale (free of charge) and some others which you can find easily with google.

Aug 16, 2008 at 1:21 PM
Luls
Lol exams are over. And I decided to spare some time for this ^^"

And wow was I amazed. Your spriting is pretty good ^^ (beter than mine obviously)

wowow. :D

Aug 16, 2008 at 1:39 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Now that I've a week of unschoolity, I'll download mods.

But link pwned me. Somebody help~

Btw you guys are discussing about this thing, but I've seen no single SPOILER TAGS!!! I'm so scared to read the posts, so.. sorry if I missed anything related to my request. :D

Aug 17, 2008 at 9:46 AM
"Huzzah!"
Have u got any thoughts about finishing it its fullysicka

Aug 17, 2008 at 1:14 PM
odin 2128 said:

I just used paint. Why is there an easier program to use?

Now that I've a week of unschoolity, I'll download mods.

But link pwned me. Somebody help~

Btw you guys are discussing about this thing, but I've seen no single SPOILER TAGS!!! I'm so scared to read the posts, so.. sorry if I missed anything related to my request.

If you want to pm me your msn i can send it to you thats what I did for jcys.

Have u got any thoughts about finishing it its fullysicka

It will be finished. Eventually.. i have writers block atm.

Aug 17, 2008 at 3:53 PM
Luls
Kaeso said:
I just used paint. Why is there an easier program to use?

I wouldn't say that there is an EASIER program but Photoshop, although it may not be easier, lets you add special effects to your sprites like gradient and shading on different layers so if you mess up you don't have to keep redrawing and stuff etc.

Lol read on...

Lol read on...

Lol read on...

Lol read on...

Lol read on...

Lol read on...

Lol read on...

Lol read on...

Lol read on...

Lol read on...

Lol read on...

Lol read on...