Just As Planned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 23, 2008 at 5:10 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Roonil Wazlib said:
2. (sorry DT, have to bring this up here) DT had made completely offtopic posts and troll demanding Kageryushin's ban in a thread that had nothing to do with him. Why hasn't any action been taken on him? If it has by PM, why are you treating me and Metalogz like threat to the forums and telling the world that you've warned us?
I do recall that Kage has done quite a lot to piss some of us off(including me :()
And I do recall it's not much... let him do whatever he wantslike a mischievous brat, like Anwar while ignoring him, and no worries...
But his previous post above is kinda... ironic. He often posts something that actually promotes himself, thinking he's superior... what a vain.
But good job on clearing the mispell and grammar error issue.

In case of Metal,
  • remember that he has the memory of a Metalogz
  • he uses the mind of a Metalogz to think , thus he can't think of his own :p
  • you may ignore these three points
  • notice that he tries to imitate you guys' attitude and posting styles. They already suck, and you know he often (not always) fails, thus making his posts suck even more. I'm sorry Metal, but you should stop this so that you may gain more respect (from me), fail less, and reduce your risk of getting banned.I somehow think that Metal is the l...equents here, except when it comes to his mod

And make sure you understand that there is no offense intended in this post, but I may include some doom which is available for some epic guys to read.

Aug 23, 2008 at 5:16 AM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Better look at the rules DT, there has been really enough spam. Anyway I won't make a permament ban because of spam, that would be really mean.

The thing is they are just spamming too much, if they instead would try too make a bit longer posts and write something useful which isn't THAT hard then I would be happy with that. But it seems they are lazy asses and are rather complaining about my "hypocrisy", than saying: "Allright S. P., thank you."

Anyway here are the rules and as you can see "one liners" are forbidden:

Shirofan said:
* VI. “SPAM”, “Fluff” posts, “Me Too” posts, and off topic conversations are frowned upon here. These kinds of posts lead to pointless discussions and tend to clutter up the board.

Shirofan said:
Spam & Off-Topic Discussion

What exactly is spam? Spam can be anything like a pointless thread being created or a one word reply or something to raise post counts...well, anything pointless is what we are getting at. We here at Miraigamer enjoy random blabbing and chitchat, but within certain boundaries. What we like to see more are well-thought out and planned replies, including but not limited to using correct spelling and grammar. Also, no one should feel a duty to reply to every topic they see as soon as they see it. They should instead look at the post and contribute to the discussion at hand if they have something worthwhile to bring to the table.

But rules are rules. We aren't trying to be mean, but when we see spam we have no choice but to attack it. Spam is the one thing we want to keep out of these forums and we'll do everything in our power to stop it.

We would appreciate it if you all would take care in choosing what you have to say in your posts.

Some examples of types of spam we will be looking out for especially:

1. Replying to a question with "I don't know" or something along the lines of not being able to offer anything helpful to the topic at hand.

2. Any post where the meaning cannot be ascertained in one or two readings.

3. Posts where the user simply states a one liner that is along the lines of "Cool, I'll have to try that!" or "Whoa! That’s what I did!!" These kind of one liner posts do not offer much, if anything to the discussion or topic at hand. If you would want to mention something like this as in the case of complimenting someone on something or suggesting that something is interesting to try, by all means feel free to do that. However, please include this in a post that has more meat on it rather than a simple one liner. One liners are much too bare to be welcome.

4. In such a case where a thread is about to get off topic, perhaps due to a question about something not directly related to the discussion at hand, members tend to try and help and the usual outcome is that the thread will veer off into another discussion altogether. Members should take care to watch out for this and not feel obligated to post answers or help others out when the conversation starts to go off topic. Doing so only digs a bigger hole. Again, helping is not the real issue. If you want to mention something to another person that is not related to the topic, try to set it up so that you can include it so that your post reverts back to the original topic.

We hope that members will read and try to understand these forum guidelines. Remember though, we are easily approachable should any members feel they have any questions regarding any of this.

We will be cracking down strenuously on spam, so we would appreciate a genuine collaborated effort to not create or support spam and off-topic discussion.

Aug 23, 2008 at 5:21 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
[offtopic]I think we do need an offtopic code instead of just making our own.[/offtopic]

Edit: :p

And oh, forum code not gonna change. So just ignore this post. Or probably use offtopic codes of our own.

Edit2: Why don't we continue somewhere else, this is getting all mixed up :(
And where is the SSS thread again?(and what is it again?)

Aug 23, 2008 at 6:30 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Fair enoughs.
I don't like one-liners either (see the SSS thread), but there should be a distinction between joking and spamming, because a lot of really good jokes are one-liners, and that isn't specifically mentioned as a bad thing. I agree with the rest of the rules, they all make sense pretty much.
I also don't agree with this notion that being allowed to spam is what makes these forums good because frankly I don't think we're mature enough to moderate ourselves at the moment >_>
My main point was that if there are tempbans and stuff for spamming, but the spamming still continues afterwards, something obviously needs to be done differently if it is to stop.
And I think that in general the forums need to be less about the spam and more about the Cave Story and there really hasn't been a lot of Cave Storying lately. I can understand that a lot of us are busy with school and stuff but it is still kind of the whole reason the site exists in the first place. Spamming and flaming can be kept for generic forum #4374, there's no reason it has to happen here.

EDIT: Oh god damnit

Aug 23, 2008 at 8:05 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
S. P. Gardebiter said:
1. Oficially warned; Next time: Ban.
2. While you are spamming all the time senseless things my so called "spam" was a pun on DoubleThink's post.
3. Spamming sometimes is fine, but not as you're doing it.

My post had something to do in reply to another person's post. Same as what you did.

Btw just because you have the authority over me, does that mean that you get to spam and I don't?

I don't spam that much either.

And here I thought...

Srsly.

Edit - BY THE WAY. Shouldn't you delete that vulgar spam of yours since you've deleted each and every of my harmless recent spam messages? I'm beginning to doubt your fairness. You hate me? Ban me.

freezit4 said:
In case of Metal,
  • remember that he has the memory of a Metalogz
  • he uses the mind of a Metalogz to think , thus he can't think of his own :(
  • you may ignore these three points
  • notice that he tries to imitate you guys' attitude and posting styles. They already suck, and you know he often (not always) fails, thus making his posts suck even more. I'm sorry Metal, but you should stop this so that you may gain more respect (from me), fail less, and reduce your risk of getting banned.I somehow think that Metal is the l...equents here, except when it comes to his mod

Omfg what makes you think I want YOUR respect?

Do you think you're what, GOD or soemthing?

I think I'm quite done with this forum to say the least.

You can ban me right this instance. I don't care.

Aug 23, 2008 at 8:26 AM
Hoxtilicious
Metalogz said:
Btw just because you have the authority over me, does that mean that you get to spam and I don't?

Read my posts you still don't get it.

Aug 23, 2008 at 8:38 AM
Luls
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Read my posts you still don't get it.

I'm the only one who doesn't get it? Read MY posts.

Aug 23, 2008 at 8:40 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Oh god damnit.
Overreacting isn't going to help either. And that's just the way Freezit acts, you shouldn't take it personally.
For chrissakes NOTHING HAS ACTUALLY CHANGED YET other than SP being made an admin. Nobody's trying to fricking ban anybody, look:
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Anyway I won't make a permament ban because of spam, that would be really mean.
Running away isn't going to help solve anything and it isn't bloody needed, what is needed are some sensible opinions from people.

@ Everybody:
SP is still the same relaxed not-very-serious awkward-english-speaking spam-disliking heavy-drinking d00d he was BEFORE he was made an admin. Stop pretending you guys don't know each other and stop getting your panties in a knot the moment somebody suggests you behave yourselves. It's not the end of the bloody world every time you get accused of spamming. If we really want to see things fixed then
THEY
NEED
TO
CHANGE.

Aug 23, 2008 at 8:41 AM
Luls
By the way, just to make this clear.

I think alot of you have been misunderstanding my behaviour. Just because I don't opnly insult others to make myself popular among vulgar bastards doesn't mean I'm a pushover. So if you think that picking on people who prefer to keep a low-profile (eg. ME) just to build up your popularity in the forums, please fuck off. To think that this previously friendly, warm and fun forum has crumbled down to no more than ruins...

I no longer find this forum a place for me.

Aug 23, 2008 at 8:44 AM
Luls
DoubleThink said:
Oh god damnit.
Overreacting isn't going to help either. And that's just the way Freezit acts, you shouldn't take it personally.
For chrissakes NOTHING HAS ACTUALLY CHANGED YET other than SP being made an admin. Nobody's trying to fricking ban anybody, look:

SP said:

@ Everybody:
SP is still the same relaxed not-very-serious awkward-english-speaking spam-disliking heavy-drinking d00d he was BEFORE he was made an admin. Stop pretending you guys don't know each other and stop getting your panties in a knot the moment somebody suggests you behave yourselves. It's not the end of the bloody world every time you get accused of spamming. If we really want to see things fixed then
THEY
NEED
TO
CHANGE.

This ISN'T funny anymore.

I know I'm in no position to say this but SP should seriously learn to be impartial.

Btw...

S. P. Gardebiter said:
1. Oficially warned; Next time: Ban.

Would you like to revise your reply, DT?

Aug 23, 2008 at 8:44 AM
Hoxtilicious
Just because you have to think before you post and not be able to make 1 sentence posts anymore?
Man. That's sad.

Just to make this clear too:

Spamming SOMETIMES is fine, spamming everytime is not good.

Edit: btw. The spamming is a bigger problem at now, fix it and I'm fixing the swearing that has been done before, but I should warn the flamers the next time too.
The only thing is that, flaming has been done before and was fixed very quickly without the use of warnings and so on. Though some people here should think about stopping it ASAP.

Aug 23, 2008 at 8:48 AM
Luls
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Just because you have to think before you post and not be able to make 1 sentence posts anymore?
Man. That's sad.

Just to make this clear too:

Spamming SOMETIMES is fine, spamming everytime is not good.

Okay, seems like it can't be helped that you've gotten a seriously mistaken bad impression of me.

I'm done. I'm not going to even say a farewell. This forum has officially been fucked up. Goddamn it.

Aug 23, 2008 at 8:54 AM
Hoxtilicious
-_-" Allright, if you can't think of good posts, bye then.
Just look at your posts, nearly all are one liners, contribute not very much helpful to the thread. I don't spam that much like you do, every 4th post is a oneliner, or even more because I deleted some of them.

Metalogz said:
-_-" Dumbass

Rofl. Dumberass.

Metalogz said:
Olol? Didn't know. xD

Metalogz said:
... Did anyone ask you how awesome you are?

I find that statement totally random. >_>

Metalogz said:
YEAH THOSE!!!

Ahah jcys810! Feed your mind to some rich knowledge please.

Metalogz said:
He isn't the man. He may be your man, but not THE man.

Metalogz said:
Okay... I understand your sexual arrangements now...

Metalogz said:
Em... I'm gettin outta here.

*swoosh*

Some of them are from the first pages of this thread.

Aug 23, 2008 at 9:16 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Metalogz said:
Would you like to revise your reply, DT?
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Not really .-.
And I reiterate: It's not the bloody end of the world. SP mightn't be handling this totally perfectly but it doesn't mean you are the sole target. Things are going to get messy but flapping our hands and running away isn't going to help, it's not like he murdered your cat ffs. I seriously seriously doubt that he is trying to offend you, but he has a job to do as an admin and calling him a hypocrite isn't going to help anything. DO WE GET THAT, EVERYONE?
You don't need to leave dude, you need to stay and help fix things ;_____;

S. P. Gardebiter said:
Some of them are from the first pages of this thread.
Seeing as that was nearly a year ago (holy shit) I think some of it could be forgiven. I remember when Metalogz first joined he did spam a LOT but that doesn't really happen so much anymore. And at least this
Metalogz said:
... Did anyone ask you how awesome you are?

I find that statement totally random. >_>
I would think is a perfectly legitimate thing to say if he was sicking of seeing that crap everywhere. I know he's overreacting but I don't think the spamming is his fault.
Little things~

Aug 23, 2008 at 9:25 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Just look at your posts, nearly all are one liners
From one sentence you jump to talking about one liners?

You do realise that every post you quoted of Metalogz has more than one sentence, right? A full stop marks the end of a sentence.

And for the one liner case, 3 out of 7 posts has one line.
---
This one's for Metalogz.
FOR METALOGZ!!!
Sorry Kage D:

You don't warn Kage for one-lining.
I see. Thank you. Fixed.

Why...? Because...

S. P. Gardebiter said:
Oh and btw.:

******KAGE IS THE MAN
KAGE IS THE MAN
KAGE IS THE MAN
KAGE IS THE MAN
KAGE IS THE MAN

He's the man, Metalogz isn't, so you warn him instead of Kage.

Kageryushin said:
It's figurative you moron.

Did this help contribute to the forum?

S. P. Gardebiter said:
Fuckety fuck fuck penis penis fuck dick balls cock cock cock-a-doodle dickhole!

Did THIS contribute to the forum?

freezit4 said:
Stop making long posts.........

Hmm...?
---
Sorry Kage, seriously. But I still think that...

KAGE IS THE MAN

Aug 23, 2008 at 9:30 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
jcys810 said:
Why...? Because...

He's the man, Metalogz isn't, so you warn him instead of Kage.

Did this help contribute to the forum?
I'd like an answer to this too actually, this makes no damned sense, if there is ANYBODY who should be getting banned...

jcys810 said:
Did THIS contribute to the forum?
That was my fault. Blame me for it if you want to.

Aug 23, 2008 at 9:37 AM
Justin-chan
I'm not going to blame anyone.

I more of... Want answers..

Aug 23, 2008 at 9:38 AM
Hoxtilicious
Technically I meant those one-liners as the one sentence posts, sorry.

jcys810 said:
You don't warn Kage for one-lining.

Because he doesn't make it as often as others do.
Though a one-liner as a joke is quite okay and fun.

Edit: This: "Thank you. Fixed." is quite okay, aslong as you don't do it half of the time. Anyway there are better quotes for pointing out his one-liners. Search them :(

Aug 23, 2008 at 9:38 AM
Luls
DoubleThink said:
I seriously seriously doubt that he is trying to offend you, but he has a job to do as an admin and calling him a hypocrite isn't going to help anything.

You don't need to leave dude, you need to stay and help fix things ;_____;

You're right. I need to clear this mess up even if I wanna leave.

Oh and I htink SP has every intention of crushing my ego and insulting me till I drop to my knees to beg him for forgiveness (which doesn't even qualify to be the last thing I'm ever gonna do in my whole life)

Just look:

S.P. Gardebiter said:
Then make your jokes more clear :> That's more bad luck.

What do we have here?

If SP is capable of posting such a sentence, it would mean that he himself should practice what he preaches. Appearantly, he hasn't made his fucking serious joke obvious. Does anyone else think that he's joking?

Edit -

Fuck. You actually admit that

S. P. Gardebiter said:
Edit: This: "Thank you. Fixed." is quite okay, aslong as you don't do it half of the time. Anyway there are better quotes for pointing out his one-liners. Search them :(

And despite that, you continue to flame me. Since you were willing to spend your time searching out MY spam messages, search out your beloeved KAGE's spam messages, since you've already made it clear that "there are better quotes for pointing out his one-liners. Search them :p"

Aug 23, 2008 at 9:42 AM
Justin-chan
Technically I meant those one-liners as the one sentence posts, sorry.
You don't have to apologise, I don't really care.

And even if you meant them as one sentence posts, ALL of the quotes has more than one sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.