Just a question -- How would I be able to face NPCs in a certain direction?

Jul 4, 2020 at 10:54 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
So I've been working on a Cave Story mod for a while, and I've been having trouble on facing NPCs in the direction I want them to face.

For example, say I'm working on a cut-scene on my mod, and I wanted to make the NPCs face the right, would there be a way to be able to make them
face the right?

-JR

Jul 4, 2020 at 11:54 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
So I've been working on a Cave Story mod for a while, and I've been having trouble on facing NPCs in the direction I want them to face.

For example, say I'm working on a cut-scene on my mod, and I wanted to make the NPCs face the right, would there be a way to be able to make them
face the right?

-JR
Have you tried using Flag 0x2000, "Spawn with alt direction"?

Edit: Another thing you can do, is <ANPXXXX:0000:0002, if they really are that stubborn. If they're the kind of NPC that automatically turns to the player, you may have to use <HMC and teleport them to faraway coordinates, and then use the <ANP.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2020 at 12:16 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Have you tried using Flag 0x2000, "Spawn with alt direction"?

Edit: Another thing you can do, is <ANPXXXX:0000:0002, if they really are that stubborn. If they're the kind of NPC that automatically turns to the player, you may have to use <HMC and teleport them to faraway coordinates, and then use the <ANP.
Thank you SO much for this!

Sorry about the delayed response, you have no IDEA how thankful
I am.

Attachments

• image.PNG
    image.PNG
    46.6 KB · Views: 3