Juniper's Knot

Jun 22, 2012 at 5:28 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
My brother just introduced me to this VN yesterday, and I must say that it was pretty good. It's not an OMFG masterpiece that will change your life, but it's a fun and thought-provoking read with some great moments. Juniper's Knot tells the story of a demon who meets a boy and a boy who comes across a demon. Part of the story is told from each character's perspective.

Here's a link to the download page.

It's short: maybe 20~30 minutes, and unlike other visual novels there are no choices to make to alter the storyline.

Also, it has a pretty sweet, haunting soundtrack. Read this one with the volume turned up.

Screeny in the spoiler
diph.php

Thoughts? Opinions? Discussion? Go!

Jun 23, 2012 at 10:18 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
This one's pretty short. I liked the change in perspectives between the two characters.

I thought this was not based on Ren'Py but apparently it is. Well I guess Python is the way to go for VNs.

Jun 23, 2012 at 11:35 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
This was a pretty good one, I played it back when it was released.

Also I think VN's that feature no choices are called Kinetic Novels.

Jun 24, 2012 at 12:27 AM
Been here way too long...
That is a stupid name because they are just as visual as visual novels. Also just as kinetic.

Anyway I'm going to download this and PROBABLY not post here after I do because I'm a jerk.

Jun 24, 2012 at 1:09 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Also I think VN's that feature no choices are called Kinetic Novels.

That sounds right. And on the website, they do technically call it a kinetic novel, so that makes sense to me now. You (I) learn something new everyday. Thanks!

Anyway I'm going to download this

Good.

and PROBABLY not post here after I do because I'm a jerk.

Lame. Don't be lame. Contribute to the life and interestingness of this thread. That'd be fabulous, Captain.

Either way, enjoy it.

Jun 24, 2012 at 1:53 AM
Been here way too long...
Alright fine I'll post on your stupid thread.

The art is very good. It's pretty to look at. I don't know what else to say about the art, but I want to say something because it's just... really good. Pretty simple though; there aren't many sprites. So uh... visual part of the novel: ✔

I really enjoyed the story too. Even though I was just looking at two people standing around and cycling through a few emotes, the dialogue made up for that.

All I can say is that it's definitely worth the hour of your time it takes to read it. This whole post is just tl;dr for "please read this visual novel." There's a lot of good writing packed into a short story, and one of the characters has pretty nice tits :muscledoc: