Once we build a testing stage, should we upload it?

• Yes.

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • Depends on the content. (If so, an explanation would be nice)

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 25, 2014 at 12:58 AM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Honestly, the music sounds like a track out of some fast-paced chase in my opinion, but it seems like it would fit in for a demon just fine.
I was kid of left hanging at around from the 30 second mark onward, because it gets a bit repetitive from that point on.
Although I'm sure this is just an early version, and that the final will have large quantities of buildup and a huge climax.
The organ sets the tone very well for a shrine, while the background strings keep it a bit 'demonic', in addition to the percussion, which keeps the song at a fast pace all the way through.
Looking forward to more!

Feb 25, 2014 at 1:27 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Halien_Abrack said:
While I know it on a basic level, I'm obviously not fluent, but I have people I know who are very fluent in both so they're planning to translate it for us.
This is late, I know....

If that's the case, have them help you with any Japanese that you're going to put up publicly.
If it were me, I wouldn't put it up before the Japanese - translated version at all.

Music- Sounds fine to me, If only a bit repetitive, and slightly shallow...

Art- I can't really judge, because you( or who ever is drawing) have your own style, but the characters faces look... a bit long. Just a observation.
Then again, that might just be my screen...

Anyways.... you guys are doing a good job!
Keep at it! :)

Feb 25, 2014 at 3:56 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
critiques on the music, let's go

while it was said that it is very repetitive, it was still pretty cool when it wasnt getting annoying. i also suggest adding a crash after the intro. it would also be very cool to add main part because this really is just the background part for music.

Feb 25, 2014 at 5:07 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Alright so I'm assuming your music was made in either the midi format or musicxml; is that the case? If so can you give me the original file? I'd like to take a closer look at it with all the tracks and such visible, if you don't mind. If it wasn't made in midi or musicxml can you see if you can export it to either of those formats?

Feb 26, 2014 at 3:09 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Dunc2403 said:
Now I voted for full orchestra in your poll but I want to make it clear that I mean a real orchestra, not a bunch of samples playing notes with no emotion. If you're going to do that, go with 16-bit instead.
Dunc2403 said:
Alright so I'm assuming your music was made in either the midi format or musicxml; is that the case? If so can you give me the original file? I'd like to take a closer look at it with all the tracks and such visible, if you don't mind. If it wasn't made in midi or musicxml can you see if you can export it to either of those formats?
Okay are you even reading my posts? You haven't acknowledged either of these posts and it's rather annoying, because I'm in one giving a moor detailed opinion than others and in the other I'm asking for something that will enable me to give you better feedback than the other people have been. I've been giving feedback on everything you've done so far and the majority of it seems to have been ignored.

Feb 26, 2014 at 5:27 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Halien_Abrack said:
NEW SACRED SHRINE DEMON THEME! [LINK]
It still kinda sucks, but I'm not sure if I could say what specifically needs improvement.

Just the composition in general could use some improvements, and that organ used for the main melody sounds really cheesey/midi-ish. Also the choir sounds too quiet, and the percussion is repetitive, stale, and boring.

I'd give this a C+ at best. Like it doesn't hurt to listen to, but that's about it.

Feb 26, 2014 at 12:06 PM
Professional Whatever
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
It still kinda sucks,
of all the things you could possibly say

Feb 26, 2014 at 2:36 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Coffee said:
of all the things you could possibly say
What, do you want me to just lie about it? It's not like horribly terrible but it's not really that good.
Besides, it's not like that's all I said. I did give tips on how he could improve it.

Feb 26, 2014 at 6:35 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I think all that it really needs is some more strings/choiry stuff in the background, especially the new part. There's not actually that much wrong with it at all. It reminded me a lot of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jsAo8uE9dU
I can see why people wouldn't like it, but it's meant to be more of an atmospheric piece, so it just needs the atmosphere part of it more emphasised. I think the organ is a little too loud though. And timpani sounds would be great at the new part too!

Feb 26, 2014 at 9:00 PM
War criminal
To me the organ part sounds like it could be replaced with the square sound wave (like from an NES) because how the notes are played, but that's my interpretation on how they sound like.

Feb 26, 2014 at 10:10 PM
Professional Whatever
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
What, do you want me to just lie about it? It's not like horribly terrible but it's not really that good.
Besides, it's not like that's all I said. I did give tips on how he could improve it.
There's a difference between being truthful and being an asshole
You could have said "it needs work" or "it's not very good"
Instead you decided to say something that makes them feel like crap
I sure as hell wouldn't want to try again after being told that my work sucks

Feb 26, 2014 at 10:12 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Coffee said:
I'm guessing you've not read any of gir's posts before now somehow?

Feb 26, 2014 at 10:21 PM
Professional Whatever
@Noxid
Yes i realize that it's late in a sense but i just felt like saying something
I usually try not to challenge moderators but i

@HA
Ok but it still pisses me off because he's done this to me too

Feb 26, 2014 at 10:30 PM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Halien_Abrack said:
[/spoiler]

SPRITES

diph.php
diph.php
Images aren't displaying for me.
Anyone else having this problem?

Feb 26, 2014 at 10:38 PM
War criminal
Got the same problem here.

Feb 26, 2014 at 11:24 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Coffee said:
That's just a softer way of saying the same thing. I'm not much of one for sugar-coating criticism, since I think the artist deserves to know how I truly feel about the piece, not some soft-pitched comment designed to protect their feelings. And as Halien has shown, he's not as weak-hearted as you would be, according to your statement. I'm of the opinion that if you can't handle being told your works sucks, then you need to grow up, or stop posting it in a public forum.

I know how you feel, but it's something you need to get over, doors. Like way back when I first tried my hand at drawing, I drew a lady holding a shotgun that I thought looked pretty decent and that I put some good effort into. I showed it to OnlineWorms, since I wanted him to help me improve my drawing skills or whatnot, and he sort of flat out told me it sucked. And it hurt, because I just spent all this time drawing this and for him to just say that was... it made me hate him a little bit almost. But then I looked back on the picture and pretty much everything he said about it was true. So I redrew it, trying to fix what he said last time, and I drew a much better picture. It was a nice learning experience.

Anyways....back on topic. Halien, the song would be better if you could fix up the things I mentioned in my previous post.

Feb 27, 2014 at 5:14 PM
okay, I definitely like it a lot more now. Although thinking about it, I think it'd be kinda nice if the organ changed notes towards the climax, fitting in with what the choir were doing. They seem to clash a little too much.

Feb 28, 2014 at 1:17 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
It...
It's not bad?

It sounds like the same thing, only that some parts are louder.
It t'was also a bit choppy.

Should be as BGM though. ( after a bit of... polishing.)

Feb 28, 2014 at 11:38 PM
War criminal
I think I know what makes the song sound choppy. The strikes played on the snare sound like they've been cut off before the next one, as if the hypothetical drummer puts his hand on the drum muting the sound he makes in between each strike.