Jenka's Nightmare - Done. *mic drop* [3.0.1.0]

Feb 19, 2017 at 1:09 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Well I have been played Jenka's Nightmare.

Pretty good overall and I appreciate the hard work put into it.

That being said tho I do feel its overly diffcult at times. Sometimes in the BS kind of way.

The Labyrinth area tests my patience with the abuse of moving death blocks. Made the whole experience way more tense than it really should have been.

Not to say the Aqueduct area was any better. Those currents took forever to figure out and the constant spikes were annoying.

But those segments were still solvable given enough time. However....

Then I got to the Abandoned facility. And this is where I had to quit. DECONSTRUCTOR MK2! Aka lets see how we can make Monster X almost impossible.

I must have tried about 30 times to beat this thing with no avail. I got out my Spur and went in. Died. LV3 Snake? Died. Super Missiles? Died again.

Unless there is some secret strategy I dont know about then I dont see how he's beatable. It gets way too chaotic in that second phase.

Feb 20, 2017 at 1:54 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Okay I finally managed to beat the boss. I had to look up a guide/walkthru and found where the sword was.

A pain to get. But I feel its essential if you want to beat this boss. Really irritating that the Spur is useless against this guy to how long it takes to load.

Regardless I beat the game and got the normal ending. I attempted the true ending but....

That last area you have to go through is too much. He took Hell/Sacred Grounds from the original and made it harder! Well for the most part.

It doesnt feel as BS to go through it but he made up for that by making you fight so many bosses at the end. There's like 6 bosses you have to fight (2 of em you fight at the same time) and it is just unfair.

What sucks is that you cant unlock NG+ without getting the true ending. And I'm unable to do it. : (

Its too damn hard. Does anyone have a profile.dat thats completed? I'd appreciate it.

Feb 20, 2017 at 8:24 PM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Okay I finally managed to beat the boss. I had to look up a guide/walkthru and found where the sword was.

A pain to get. But I feel its essential if you want to beat this boss. Really irritating that the Spur is useless against this guy to how long it takes to load.

Regardless I beat the game and got the normal ending. I attempted the true ending but....

That last area you have to go through is too much. He took Hell/Sacred Grounds from the original and made it harder! Well for the most part.

It doesnt feel as BS to go through it but he made up for that by making you fight so many bosses at the end. There's like 6 bosses you have to fight (2 of em you fight at the same time) and it is just unfair.

What sucks is that you cant unlock NG+ without getting the true ending. And I'm unable to do it. : (

Its too damn hard. Does anyone have a profile.dat thats completed? I'd appreciate it.

Hello, there. So the way to unlock NG+ is that if you completed the original Cave Story going at the Best Ending route, the last save is at Prefab House (with a hole leading to Hell), you need to copy Profile.dat from the Cave Story folder and paste it to the Jenka's Nightmare folder. Now run Jenka's Nightmare and load your save and fall through the hole. (You can look at the bookshelf for locations where you might have picked up life capsules, if you picked them up in Cave Story, the NG+ Life Capsules in Jenka's Nightmare will not be available.)

You may also download certain saves from the Tribute site. Look for ones labeled "Sacred Ground" or "Hell" there. Try loading it in Jenka's Nightmare.

Consult the walkthrough and read properly further.

Did you only got the Normal ending by leaving the Island with Balrog and Curly?
After defeating Jenka's Nightmare, the barriers in Sand Zone has completely fallen off, this means you can now enter the building that you could not enter before. That is Jenka's House. Once inside, inspect Jenka and Misery that are collapsed for strange reasons and then, ... uh-oh. The red crystal with the image of the Doctor, he's come back! He then strikes you down. After that, another cut scene will follow. At that point, you'll be playing as Curly.

There are still bugs lingering in this version even after support from ZarroTsu has ended...

Feb 21, 2017 at 5:30 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Uh wow. Umm thanks! This helps alot actually.

The site with the walkthru I was using didnt give this kind of detail. >_>

Thanks for the information about New Game+ and about save resources. Apparently I was going about it all wrong.

So you have to use data from the old Cave Story and not Jenka's Nightmare. Thats what I was doing wrong.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2017 at 12:33 PM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"

yeah, i looked on the walkthrough and found some secret area "genesis spirit" or something i think and that area had the blade (this was very early in the story so there was no 2 ghost things or whatever or any little housewith ghost king) and i found king there with the "time reaver".
I tried going to some bunny place on the outerwall but the statue said nothing, only a sign so i gave up assuming that since i already had the blade I couldn't get it again
This was my second time playing it so i tried to get all the secrets
I cheated past some areas because some were just so hard (The part with the sand zone was super easy at the end because I had the machine gun, I didn't trade it in the first game because you know machine gun always ruins secret weapons but i guess not this time)
The first time i did the sand zone I stood next to one of those things that create little creatures uh... wait i looked it up its called a "buyobuyo" and i sat there for half an hour getting hearts from 3 health back to full

Feb 22, 2017 at 8:20 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
yeah, i looked on the walkthrough and found some secret area "genesis spirit" or something i think and that area had the blade (this was very early in the story so there was no 2 ghost things or whatever or any little housewith ghost king) and i found king there with the "time reaver".
I tried going to some bunny place on the outerwall but the statue said nothing, only a sign so i gave up assuming that since i already had the blade I couldn't get it again
This was my second time playing it so i tried to get all the secrets
I cheated past some areas because some were just so hard (The part with the sand zone was super easy at the end because I had the machine gun, I didn't trade it in the first game because you know machine gun always ruins secret weapons but i guess not this time)
The first time i did the sand zone I stood next to one of those things that create little creatures uh... wait i looked it up its called a "buyobuyo" and i sat there for half an hour getting hearts from 3 health back to full

Yeah Curly's section at the end is pretty rough. Especially when have to get the items from Quote.

The Hidden Cave (Hidden) is frustrating too. Its a long area with alot of tight spike areas. Plus at the end there are several "Press" enemies that can fall on you if you dont see them or dont boost in just the right way. Its nuts.

And then we have final gauntlet at the end. Those twin bosses can just die in a fire. The next couple of bosses arent as bad but then the final guy. UGH. Geez if you have any health left by that point then he'll probably take it. Needless to say you need the Life Pot for him. If you run low on health beforehand just reset and try again. Just do it. : /

Feb 22, 2017 at 7:27 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
walrus what you're talking about is from jenka's nightmare revived, not this version or the original game

Sep 10, 2017 at 9:11 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Well, I know it's been 2 years and another update is unlikely, but I have a glitch to report. I always lose the Crescent Medal when I enter Plantation. Minor glitch, but it's kinda annoying.
save link: https://puu.sh/xwxFF/35646f0dac.dat (obviously gotta rename it to Profile.dat)
Besides that, I've almost finished the mod. The save I linked is one of my backups. I've actually gotten to the final bosses (as in, balcony and super secret room). I gotta say, this mod is a damn good one. Had a blast the whole way through, and will probably have a good time doing replays and various other things. Good job shmitz and ZarroTsu. I'd say it's a worthy successor to Cave Story.

Sep 12, 2017 at 4:32 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Just started playing it. It's a fun mod so far.

Jun 21, 2018 at 9:07 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Does anyone have a video of the normal ending? I realized I never watched that ending (cause I always went to the best one) but on my new computer I don't have a save for it and I don't wanna replay the whole game yet (because I'm only gonna do an indepth review thing next time I play)

Jun 21, 2018 at 5:47 PM
Does anyone have a video of the normal ending? I realized I never watched that ending (cause I always went to the best one) but on my new computer I don't have a save for it and I don't wanna replay the whole game yet (because I'm only gonna do an indepth review thing next time I play)
i thought normal ending was beating the doctor
or was it beating genesis and oblivioiioninon?

Jun 21, 2018 at 6:47 PM
Piyo Piyo Discord Admin
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I have the Profile.dat that leads, I guess, exacly at the point you want to see.

Profile.dat

Here's what you have to do now:
Take the teleporter, and go to the Observatory. Talk to Curly twice, say yes to her question, and enjoy the ending.

If you just want to know what happens, here we go:
Quote, Curly and Balrog thinks that everything is done with Oblivion and Genesis destroyed, and that Jenka will be fine soon.
So, they just leave the island and the credits start to roll.

Really, if the player is playing without have spoiled anything that will happen with the game, and didn't read the Magic Journal, it thinks that have finished the game.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2018 at 8:33 PM
I have the Profile.dat that leads, I guess, exacly at the point you want to see.

Profile.dat

Here's what you have to do now:
Take the teleporter, and go to the Observatory. Talk to Curly twice, say yes to her question, and enjoy the ending.

If you just want to know what happens, here we go:
Quote, Curly and Balrog thinks that everything is done with Oblivion and Genesis destroyed, and that Jenka will be fine soon.
So, they just leave the island and the credits start to roll.

Really, if the player is playing without have spoiled anything that will happen with the game, and didn't read the Magic Journal, it thinks that have finished the game.
i unlocked the weird thing but i dont really remember how i did or why i did
its the thing with all the bosses and they're all like a bunch of colored lines, and i think you unlock sunglasses because of it. I thought it was behind jenkas fireplace

Jul 18, 2018 at 12:02 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
i don't know it's a bug or what.when i play with curly and i have machine gun if i went to the fifth secret room the door won't open help me???

and this my save file if you want to see
link:https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=profile.dat

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018 at 3:23 AM
Jul 18, 2018 at 2:15 PM
Jul 18, 2018 at 3:47 PM