J Story -CURRENTLY DEAD-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 19, 2012 at 5:37 PM
LSD
"..."
The current mod is dead and being reworked. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask by messaging me on here or at neshikuro.deviantart.com. I am on Deviantart more than I am on here, so that'd be the best way to contact me. Sorry once again. The thread will be updated whenever another suitable demo is completed.

Jun 19, 2012 at 6:09 PM
Mrs. Policewoman
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Looks fun!
I'll rate it using haydenstudios' rating system when I've played it.
EDIT: WOW! an actually good mod! What an IDEA!
Good job on it though, seriously.
Is this your first mod?

Jun 19, 2012 at 6:36 PM
LSD
"..."
Looks fun!
I'll rate it using haydenstudios' rating system when I've played it.
EDIT: WOW! an actually good mod! What an IDEA!
Good job on it though, seriously.
Is this your first mod?

Thanks, my friends and I thought it up a couple of weeks ago.
Technically, it is my first 'real' mod, but I have tried to mod Cave Story quite a bit in the past.
Thank you for the constructive critism :) and bugs not noted yet would be greatly appreciated

Jun 19, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
New people making good mods?
-does a reality check-

Okay I'm actually not dreaming.

Jun 19, 2012 at 10:00 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
New people making good mods?
-does a reality check-

Okay I'm actually not dreaming.
Pigaro joined before you did bro :orangebell:

Jun 19, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Mrs. Policewoman
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
You're welcome Pigaro, although, I did forget to use haydenstudios' rating system, so I'll do that now:

Storyline: 5/10 Mediocre.
Well, I can't exactly call it original, you are in cave story, but you have your friends added too,
and you did it well.

Dialog: 5/10 Mediocre.
It was okay, nuf said.

Level Design: 5/10 Mediocre.
I know I'm starting to sound repetitive, but 5/10 is the most apropriate rating I can find, that and you only edited 2 levels.

Gameplay: 5/10 Mediocre.
It was fun, for what I played of it, but there wasn't much of it. (duh, it's a first demo, and I honestly can't really criticize anyone else's mod short of unplayable, I mean, have you seen MY first demo?
Hopefully not, don't download it, if you want to see my mod at all, download the latest demo, 0.0.0.1 is the worst mod demo in existence.)

Custom Graphics: 7/10 Good.
Nice job, did you make them yourself?

Glitches:
I know you said there were some but I honestly can't find any, including the ones you mentioned.

Improvements: Uhh, more gameplay? that's about it and this is the first demo, so good job.
Overall Score: 7/10 Mediocre.
This is the first good mod I have seen in a long time.

And if I did this wrong, haydenstudios is welcome to re-rate this.

Jun 20, 2012 at 12:33 AM
LSD
"..."
You're welcome Pigaro, although, I did forget to use haydenstudios' rating system, so I'll do that now:

Storyline: 5/10 Mediocre.
Well, I can't exactly call it original, you are in cave story, but you have your friends added too,
and you did it well.

Dialog: 5/10 Mediocre.
It was okay, nuf said.

Level Design: 5/10 Mediocre.
I know I'm starting to sound repetitive, but 5/10 is the most apropriate rating I can find, that and you only edited 2 levels.

Gameplay: 5/10 Mediocre.
It was fun, for what I played of it, but there wasn't much of it. (duh, it's a first demo, and I honestly can't really criticize anyone else's mod short of unplayable, I mean, have you seen MY first demo?
Hopefully not, don't download it, if you want to see my mod at all, download the latest demo, 0.0.0.1 is the worst mod demo in existence.)

Custom Graphics: 7/10 Good.
Nice job, did you make them yourself?

Glitches:
I know you said there were some but I honestly can't find any, including the ones you mentioned.

Improvements: Uhh, more gameplay? that's about it and this is the first demo, so good job.
Overall Score: 7/10 Mediocre.
This is the first good mod I have seen in a long time.

And if I did this wrong, haydenstudios is welcome to re-rate this.

Ha, thanks. Yeah, I thought it wouldn't be to spectacular for a first demo. Anyway, I will put this into consideration and work it into the next demo.

Jun 20, 2012 at 2:33 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Oh man Piggy you can like totally count on me to check yo mod out.

That was a really interesting mod! To begin with the issues, the weapon descriptions seem out of place (since they are the original descriptions). Also, in the First Cave, if you go to the right, you sort of go through the wall... Um, anyways, the character art was really great and the dialogue was top-notch (and I don't even know who these people are!). The levels themselves I will not judge right now due to how short the mod is, but for now it seems on par. Best of luck to you.

Sep 11, 2012 at 10:26 PM
LSD
"..."
-MAJOR UPDATE-
J Story has begun again, visit the OP or my DeviantART page for updates!

Feb 1, 2013 at 6:55 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I want to try it but I'm on my dad's com.

Aug 22, 2013 at 4:17 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Sorry for the bump!
Uh, This mod is glitchy in alot of ways.
1. The text likes to move away before you can read it.
2. You can't check alot of things, So basically this mod is impossible.

Aug 22, 2013 at 3:48 PM
LSD
"..."
This version of the mod has been dead for about a year now, sorry to disappoint you. We are currently reworking it to be much better storywise and gameplaywise. This will be probably the third or fourth time it's happened.
Also, if you couldn't tell, I made this demo extremely quickly just to prove to the others working on the project that I had the initiative to actually work on it. I really didn't put much effort into it. If I had wanted to make it look or play through better, I probably would've tried to make some new music and graphics, which we are for the current version, to make it seem like I was putting effort into it.
Sorry once again. Hopefully when we release the newer version it'll be much better than it was when I posted that demo. Thank you for bumping, so I can change the OP to some variation of what I just wrote. Sorry to disappoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.