it's time to shut it down

Apr 1, 2014 at 6:11 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Of course, the real secret being that this whole revelation of this topic being an april fools joke is the april fools joke in itself, and the forums are still doomed :0

Apr 1, 2014 at 6:32 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
I'm more relieved than humored, lol. I wouldn't be opposed to doing something new with the forums, but nothing that would stray too far away from what it is now, obviously.

Apr 1, 2014 at 7:35 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
ElecMaw said:
Of course, the real secret being that this whole revelation of this topic being an april fools joke is the april fools joke in itself, and the forums are still doomed :0
:o "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!!"

*everyone panics*
@_@ I knew this day would come...
!_! Nooooooo
#_# We're doomed, but it's okay!
*-* Wahhhh

:D "Ahah, april fools"

-__- ...

*a few days later...*
8O "OMG! The sky is falling!! The sky is actually falling!!"

-_- Yeahhh... no.

:o "But.. but..."
+_- *soul piercing evil eye stare*

:| "....."
*KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOM*

Apr 1, 2014 at 8:55 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I expect an April Fools' joke next year on the 29th.

Apr 1, 2014 at 10:32 PM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Tpcool said:
I'm more relieved than humored, lol. I wouldn't be opposed to doing something new with the forums, but nothing that would stray too far away from what it is now, obviously.
Yeahhh more or less this in terms of reactions. Well executed, guys.

Apr 1, 2014 at 11:31 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I had a nagging feeling that Desu wasn't herself in this scenario.

Apr 1, 2014 at 11:33 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
well who else would they be

Apr 1, 2014 at 11:41 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
EnlightenedOne said:
I had a nagging feeling that Desu wasn't herself in this scenario.

Yes, especially the "I love you guys" part

Apr 2, 2014 at 12:24 AM
Professional Whatever
nice

Apr 2, 2014 at 10:16 PM
daughter of chivalry
Was my post an April Fool's joke? You decide.

In all honesty though guys, how serious are you about improving the forum? I really didn't give a crap when I made this thread, but you came out with some actual legitimate questions. I'm wondering if I should make a new thread for this, or just continue here. Ever since the big reveal this thread has died down, but maybe we should keep it going??? I'm sure it would be full of friendship and teamwork and we can all join hands to make the world forums a better place!!

Apr 2, 2014 at 11:39 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
I was thinking about it, but with Dunc response (the first one) I think that is should really stay

but maybe a hub for Gero Blaster should be put here...?

hmm...

Apr 3, 2014 at 12:21 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Welp from what I've seen of this thread so far I don't think I really want to read 5 pages of this but here's my two cents:

The length of this thread proves that people still watch the CS Forum. There are a lot of cool things here such as the library of references for how to mod Cave Story and occasionally stuff still happens here.

I don't think it's done for just yet. :L

Apr 3, 2014 at 12:54 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Wild Desu said:
In all honesty though guys, how serious are you about improving the forum? I really didn't give a crap when I made this thread, but you came out with some actual legitimate questions. I'm wondering if I should make a new thread for this, or just continue here. Ever since the big reveal this thread has died down, but maybe we should keep it going??? I'm sure it would be full of friendship and teamwork and we can all join hands to make the world forums a better place!!
If I can help, I will. I want this forum to survive, but...I just think I'm not good at coming up with ideas, and I'm too wishy-washy. We need people to start a legitimate discussion about this, and...it's so easy to slip back into the daily routine now that we know there's no immediate danger. And that could lead to more degradation and a quiet death. A frightening thought...

Bombchu said:
I was thinking about it, but with Dunc response (the first one) I think that is should really stay

but maybe a hub for Gero Blaster should be put here...?

hmm...
I don't think that would help much. It will stay, yes. But it won't improve much on its own. And there's no telling at this point how awesome or large Kero Blaster would be compared to Pixel's other games, to get its own board. I just don't think it really matters much, to be perfectly honest...

Apr 3, 2014 at 1:36 AM
Professional Whatever
I'm still pitching the idea of new!mirai, as it does seem like we've exhausted the content of quality cave story threads and a change could bring in a more diverse croud.

Apr 3, 2014 at 2:07 AM
daughter of chivalry
Connorses said:
Welp from what I've seen of this thread so far I don't think I really want to read 5 pages of this but here's my two cents:

The length of this thread proves that people still watch the CS Forum. There are a lot of cool things here such as the library of references for how to mod Cave Story and occasionally stuff still happens here.

I don't think it's done for just yet. :L

You probably should read the thread because it looks like you have no idea what's happening.

It was an April Fool's prank and I'm not saying the forum should be closed. But people offered actual advice with how to improve the forums. So I'm asking if people are serious about change and what they'd like to see. Getting rid of the forums isn't even on the table anymore because that was the whole joke.

Apr 3, 2014 at 2:18 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Coffee said:
I'm still pitching the idea of new!mirai, as it does seem like we've exhausted the content of quality cave story threads and a change could bring in a more diverse croud.
My proposal of "Future mirai gamer" was a joke. I mean, it translates to "Future future gamer". And given how the old mirai died, I'm not sure remaking it would bode very well for our "future"...

Apr 3, 2014 at 2:22 AM
Professional Whatever
ok no not miraigamer+ or anything shitty but like just a refurbishing of the forums in general and moving away from just cave story
i'm not saying copy miraigamer and use it again

Apr 4, 2014 at 6:15 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Well in regards to Kero Blaster I'm thinking of creating a Kero Blaster subforum after it comes out so I can judge whether or not a standalone section is warranted. It would be nice if we could translate a portion of our activity towards a new focus. However we'll have to wait an' see whether anything will come of it.