is jenka really ageless?

Jun 2, 2013 at 2:05 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Bismuth said:
Theories surround the strange occurrence that telomeres seem to shorten as DNA is replicated for the new cells to use, and that some tumors are able to regenerate their telomeres without limit, and some types of cnidarians appear to not age at all.
Conclusion: Witches are actually jellyfish.
Aging is a very interesting topic to discuss indeed. I'd never heard that tumors had that ability though? What if Jenka is made out of tumors...She is the very embodiment of cancer.

Jun 3, 2013 at 6:44 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
My take on it is that she's slowly (but surely) dying. At the end of the game, where Quote and Curly beat Ballos, she's probably the only one controlling the weight of the island - and if she dies, eventually the entire island's going to go down with her. It'd make an awesome sequel with the inevitability of the crash of the island.

Jun 3, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
That's an interesting theory. Although perhaps once Misery breaks free of the curse after Ballos dies, she probably grows into a more powerful witch and would probably be able to take the burden herself and hold the island up beyond the end of Jenka's life.

Jun 3, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
There should be a mod that takes all the theories and crams them into a game...

Jenka's got the weight of the island on her shoulders... After beating Ballos, there will be a picture of Jenka pushing the island back up... with the power of puppies.

Also, on Jenka theories... perhaps there is a way Jenka will live on after dying, like Yoda. After all, Ballos and the Doctor don't seem to exactly die due to his evil wild magic. Perhaps Jenka, witch with the power to control the dead, has some trick up her sleeve.

She can make life potions that restore all your life at once, so whose to say she doesn't have a secret potion she's saving for the right time...

Lastly, just going to throw this out there, perhaps Jenka and Misery switched bodies at the end. For some reason Misery just disappears after you beat her at the Undead Core. Perhaps Jenka snatched her up, and Misery (Jenka) told Balrog to go take you off this island. Her plan was accomplished, Curly fufilled her role, and no more curse to stop her from taking over Misery.

That was the purpose of the Demon Crown, a way to stop Jenka from taking her over, but she didn't expect the curse...

In the credits, that's Jenka standing there, because we know Jenka likes to stand on the ground, while Misery enjoys floating...

Jun 4, 2013 at 12:26 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
If only I didn't have some epic plans for Cavern Tale (which is eating away at me because its too awe-inspiring to keep secret), I would be making a mod about quote helplessly attempting to face Jenka's true power. Your idea is both ridiculous but awesome.

Anyways... On the actual topic: The facts point to her maybe being mortal, but I personally would rather her be a divinity of complete goodness. The leader against the darkness and evil of the island.

Meh, all I am is opinions.