Is cave story dsi lost forever

Mar 7, 2020 at 5:15 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I love cave story and i wanted to play all versions of it . But the one version I cant play is cave story dsi . Because some of you know the dsi shop closed down (rest in peace dsi shop) and I would like to know if it is possible to mod a dsi and play the cave story dsi on it .

Mar 7, 2020 at 5:35 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
For the first part, yes and no. The DSiWare port is no longer available, there is no means to buy it on the DSi shop or the 3DS eShop. However, if you have a Nintendo account and have had it in your 3DS eShop library prior to the actual eShop port's release, you CAN just pick the game up from your library and download and play it. Good fucking luck trying to buy or borrow a Nintendo account from someone, however. Cave Story won't be the only game they own.

For the second part, it is entirely possible, but given the rules against piracy here in the forums, that is all I am allowed to say and I do wish you luck on that.

Mar 7, 2020 at 2:58 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
From what I've heard the dsi game is near identical to the 3ds eshop game,

I see you wanna mod a dsi, it is very easy from what I've heard. here is a guide: https://dsi.cfw.guide/ (no its not piracy to endable homebrew). What is piracy tough is illegaly downloading the game to put it on there, you'll just have to make a voyage across the internet to find out how to do it yourself bc forum rules.

Mar 7, 2020 at 3:06 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
From what I've heard the dsi game is near identical to the 3ds eshop game,
Well yes, but actually no. The eShop port is CS+, but without the 2x graphics or the remixes. And it includes the DSi port's Jukebox feature. The DSi port is more barebones however, the only challenge it has is the Hell Customization one, it doesn't even have Curly Story. It's why the DSi port is basically the most optimal way to play the game, falling short behind Vanilla.