Introducing... the Nintendo 1DS!

Sep 4, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Ladies and gentlemen, get ready for the Nintendo 1DS!

Do you have a 3DS? 3DS XL, perhaps? Were you thinking about purchasing the recently announced 2DS? No. Screw all of that nonsense. Nintendo is bringing us the powerhouse of electronic handheld video games, the future of portable consoles, the 1DS. All at a convenient price of $99.99! WHAT A DEAL!

This thing comes with some really cool features, too. For example, you can hook this baby up to the big screen! YEAH! That's pretty great, huh? Not only that, but it supports Android and iOS! It's great to see that Nintendo is expanding its horizons over to other platforms as well. Last but not least, a single screen for all of your gaming needs! Awesome! That's great.

So, this is the part where we discuss the Nintendo 1DS. Will you be getting one? Personally, I won't be. If you are though, give me your thoughts and opinions on this exciting new device. Heck, even if you aren't getting one, tell me what you think of it! It's being released on the 12th day of the month of November.

Sep 4, 2013 at 8:45 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
OH YEAH YOU LIGHT UP MY LIFE LIKE NOBODY ELSE

Sep 4, 2013 at 9:04 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I thought the 2DS was shit
I wish this was entirely official

Sep 4, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I have a Game Boy Color and a Nintendo DS lite. I'm keeping them. :droll:

Sep 4, 2013 at 10:04 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
All of these new opportunities are perfect for my brother to replace his broken DS! ^_^

Sep 4, 2013 at 10:06 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
PolarBearIs said:
I have a Game Boy Color and a Nintendo DS lite. I'm keeping them. :droll:
The Game Boy Advance has support for both it's selection of games and Gameboy.

Sep 4, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
ChimeApple said:
The Game Boy Advance has support for both it's selection of games and Gameboy.
I actually have one of those as well (it's an SP), but I lost the charger for it many eons ago.

And besides, the DS can play both its selection of games and Game Boy Advance, and I can play any Game Boy game on the Color! So there! >:3

Sep 5, 2013 at 3:52 AM
CARLSOOOOOON AAAAND PEEEEETERSSSSSS!
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Yeah, screw the 2DS. Who needs duel screens and 3D capabilities when we can connect to the TV and use devices sold by Nintendo's competitors. [/joke]

Sep 7, 2013 at 1:38 PM
/end
I would actually like a single screen gameboy-fashion system again, would be great.

Sep 7, 2013 at 5:32 PM
War criminal
MetaSeraphim said:
I would actually like a single screen gameboy-fashion system again, would be great.
We can all dream. Hey, the 2DS will likely be the next Virtual Boy. Who know whats Nintendo will do to make up for it?

Sep 7, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Actually uhh
The 3DS is far more likely to be the next virtual boy than the 2DS
I mean, one of the reasons they made the 2DS is because the 3D was giving some people headaches. The 2DS is just as likely to cause seizures as the Gameboy Color.

Sep 7, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Dunc2403 said:
Actually uhh
The 3DS is far more likely to be the next virtual boy than the 2DS
I mean, one of the reasons they made the 2DS is because the 3D was giving some people headaches. The 2DS is just as likely to cause seizures as the Gameboy Color.
Isn't that kind of impossible? The Virtual boy, although similar to the 3DS in that it was an attempt at 3D graphics in gaming, was a commercial failure, whereas the 3DS has already sold/shipped 36 million or so units worldwide. The 2DS *could* be the next virtual boy if it does poorly, but I think some/enough people will buy it anyways.

Sep 8, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Yes but the key thing with the virtual boy was that it caused seizures, which caused it to fail commercially. A far better analogy would be to call the 2DS the next game boy micro, as if the 2DS fails they will both have been commercially unsuccessful versions of a successful console.

Sep 8, 2013 at 12:29 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
It still doesn't seem to be a such a failure, I just don't like where the controller buttons are...

Sep 8, 2013 at 4:25 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
All of my lols are in this topic.

Sep 10, 2013 at 12:52 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
It's actually pretty funny, that there were enough people who didn't like the 3D, that they removed it... I think all Nintendo ever wanted was to try and perfect the DS. I mean, even the removal of the hinge is good because that was ALWAYS the first part to break, at least for me. Hell I might consider buying this thing and selling my DS because I already have a GBA.

EDIT: The Virtual Boy was probably far more headache-inducing than the 3DS, it was really awkward to use it could only display in red and I'm pretty sure it didn't sell because it was CRAP.