Inspire Me: Hit the greatest minds

Mar 31, 2014 at 3:17 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Overview

Ideas. Little moments of inspiration that can change it all. Are they really born? Do they come to you blowing in the wind? Perhaps they were always there, in a corner of your mind just waiting for you to look closer…

Inspire Me is a point-and-click adventure about a naughty kid that may have changed the world's history forever with his monkey business.
You must travel back in time and solve a series of puzzles while bringing inspiration to the greatest minds to turn the things back into their right course.

We will never know for sure why or how these thoughts actually became the real deal, but with your help -and a little pinch of humour!-, the world will still have its treasures and you will be there to witness the birth of some of the most amazing ideas!

s_1.jpg

The Story

Year 2043. Little Kelvin has been playing in his father's lab, even when he was told not to fool around the time machine. Now time is broken and world history is about to change forever… unless Kelvin goes back in time and helps re doing whatever he has undone, before Dr. Rubin arrives and finds the chaos!

s_6.jpg

Features

The game will start with 3 scenarios, including Newton, Beethoven and Da Vinci.
We will add more scenarios with historic characters whose contributions to science and art changed the world, depending on the funding.
Can you imagine inspiring Einstein to come up with the Theory of relativity?
Or Shakespeare, writing Romeo And Juliet?
Have you ever thought how did Tesla came up with the Alternating Current?

This is your chance to be there and inspire them all!

Official Website: www.inspiremethegame.com

Mar 31, 2014 at 8:43 PM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Well, even if its a spam bot, at least there is some interesting content.

Mar 31, 2014 at 9:30 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
um no
it's someone mentioning an indie game
in the indie game subforum
go figure

Mar 31, 2014 at 9:31 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I'm not a spambot! I am real, and this is our game! :)

Mar 31, 2014 at 9:33 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
No, no, you're doing it wrong. You don't mention him or her being a spambot, you say something like "What's your favorite boss in Cave Story?" or something like that.

Mar 31, 2014 at 9:46 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
What do you think about the game !?

Mar 31, 2014 at 9:51 PM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I think it looks really cute, but the narrator in that trailer could really use a voice like The I of It's, maybe with a little more proper pronunciation. ^^; Anyways, the cartoon impressions of the famous people are...amusing.

Apr 1, 2014 at 1:02 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Please brush up on what a spambot acts like before accusing a human of being one... -.-

Anyhow, the game itself looks promising. I'm not a very big point-and-click adventure game fan, but it seems like the sort of thing that would be right up someone else's alley. :D

Also? Kelvin is so constantly happy it's almost contagious =o

Apr 1, 2014 at 2:31 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Polaris said:
Please brush up on what a spambot acts like before accusing a human of being one... -.-
But just because he's not a bot doesn't mean he's not spamming.

This is their only post, and they seem to only be interested in self-promotion. It fits the topic of the board, but it seems kind of spammy to me (I had debated on whether or not to close it initially if just because of that).

Apr 1, 2014 at 11:31 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
I know lavacat was a thing but unless this becomes a chronic issue I don't see what the use is in having a place (or heaven forbid, focus shift) for indie games discussion if people have to be established members in order to post about what they're making. Even if someone really wants to dig here for the maybe ten upvotes and/or zero donations they're likely to get, it's still an opportunity to generate some interesting discussion, provided the quality is at least decent (which this appears to be).

I am rather reminded of Where In Time Is Carmen Sandiego... only in reverse... kinda