Attachments

• CSTIME.jpg
    CSTIME.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 4
Jun 18, 2018 at 11:28 PM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
With infinite booster and 255 health, not necessarily, especially since the world record with 55 hp, regular booster etc is 2"02'8. A valiant attempt but try next time with regular hp and booster.

Jun 19, 2018 at 1:22 AM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
With infinite booster and 255 health, not necessarily, especially since the world record with 55 hp, regular booster etc is 2"02'8. A valiant attempt but try next time with regular hp and booster.
that might be on 60 frames per second though which i think changes weird things

i think that time is pretty good my favorite thing to do is change the physics and give super speed and everything i think i got like 1 minute 40 seconds or something crazy

Jun 19, 2018 at 2:40 AM
lol
that might be on 60 frames per second though which i think changes weird things

i think that time is pretty good my favorite thing to do is change the physics and give super speed and everything i think i got like 1 minute 40 seconds or something crazy
But it's not technically considered a record since you're using extraneous methods like increasing hp and booster fuel, and to answer from before, yes the top speedrun was done on 60 fps. The current 50 fps record is 2"13'8, which is still impressive; but I wouldn't say your time of 1"40'0 isn't technically impressive since you used all the fancy out of source cheats to get a lower time, it's nothing wrong per-se, but not technically a record you should compare to a world record.

Jun 19, 2018 at 2:53 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
But it's not technically considered a record since you're using extraneous methods like increasing hp and booster fuel, and to answer from before, yes the top speedrun was done on 60 fps. The current 50 fps record is 2"13'8, which is still impressive; but I wouldn't say your time of 1"40'0 isn't technically impressive since you used all the fancy out of source cheats to get a lower time, it's nothing wrong per-se, but not technically a record you should compare to a world record.
It can technically be a record if other people try it too.

Jun 19, 2018 at 3:20 AM
It can technically be a record if other people try it too.
we should start a speedrun called "infinite booster infinite health speed run"

Jun 19, 2018 at 4:01 AM
lol
we should start a speedrun called "infinite booster infinite health speed run"
I don't see how that could be a practical and competitive scene; Cave Story is a very simplistic game, gameplay wise at least, and having max hp and an infinite booster would simply bring any run down to a game of chance with the second room and Ballos battle - Getting lucky dodging blocks, and taking no damage from the green devils. Plus with max hp and infinite booster, you're using an external hack to modify the game which in most speedruns communities (unless specifically mentioned in that community's rules) isn't allowed for a speedrun; sure you can add the rule, but then you'd need to garner that attention with enough active runners. - The game's been out for about 14 years now, and speedrunning is just about dead since most high-scores have been achieved to perfection because of the game's community longevity. And infinite hp and booster MAY be fine if this was something like the entire game, but the problem is that this run scene would only apply to the game's final area; the blood stained sanctuary, it can rapidly turn into optimization.

Jun 19, 2018 at 4:03 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
We gotta bring back the old Cave Story races from the Skype days! Those were fun, tbh

Jun 19, 2018 at 4:05 AM
lol
We gotta bring back the old Cave Story races from the Skype days! Those were fun, tbh
Those are more fun since it's not about getting the high score for competitive sake, but just for fun, which is something we should try and bring back.

Jun 19, 2018 at 10:17 PM
I don't see how that could be a practical and competitive scene; Cave Story is a very simplistic game, gameplay wise at least, and having max hp and an infinite booster would simply bring any run down to a game of chance with the second room and Ballos battle - Getting lucky dodging blocks, and taking no damage from the green devils. Plus with max hp and infinite booster, you're using an external hack to modify the game which in most speedruns communities (unless specifically mentioned in that community's rules) isn't allowed for a speedrun; sure you can add the rule, but then you'd need to garner that attention with enough active runners. - The game's been out for about 14 years now, and speedrunning is just about dead since most high-scores have been achieved to perfection because of the game's community longevity. And infinite hp and booster MAY be fine if this was something like the entire game, but the problem is that this run scene would only apply to the game's final area; the blood stained sanctuary, it can rapidly turn into optimization.
what if i started a thread called "Infinite booster 255 health speed run of ballos area" and people posted their scores with videos

it'd be like a fan-made speedrun and itd be a way so there were speedruns without near perfect runs already done

Jun 20, 2018 at 12:06 AM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
We never got to play An Untitled Story together. Still feels bad.

Jun 21, 2018 at 6:27 AM
lol
what if i started a thread called "Infinite booster 255 health speed run of ballos area" and people posted their scores with videos

it'd be like a fan-made speedrun and itd be a way so there were speedruns without near perfect runs already done
The problem is that with infinite health and booster, this will rapidly spiral into a contest of perfection, just like any speedrun community. Sure, it can start out for fun, but there will in-evidently be speed runners who will push that handi-cap to their limits, eventually breaking the run and getting a perfect score like what MasterLuigi452 and Ppu did.