Indie Games for Good (Live stream marathon charity) Oct 19 - 22

Oct 20, 2012 at 12:18 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
It started earlier today Oct 19th, a group of people play indie games that are requested through dontations [which will go to Child's Play charity]. Besides playing a bunch of different games live, some of the developers are in the chat to be interviewed :D

Daniel Remar of Iji will be on tomorrow sometime, not sure yet...
(He's in the chat at the moment of posting!)

Check the schedule to see what's going on, here's the site :
http://iggmarathon.com/

There are incentives for donating, like Remar will be naming a character in his next game whatever the raffle winner chooses?

Anyway, kind of fun to have going in the background, seeing some indie games I haven't seen before...

EDIT: It's over now~ They did a good job with all the interviews of indie gaming developers!

Oct 20, 2012 at 8:12 PM
Indie game enthusiast
Just tuned in again... the IWBTG dev is in chat right now, and watched two live cam interviews with other indie developers...
Neat stuff...

PS QWOP IS BLARGH! I can't take that game lol

Iji will be on later today, not sure if Remar will be on cam though...

Oct 20, 2012 at 8:14 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
dude QWOP is an amazing game
it symbolizes the struggle against the self and how if we really work hard at it, we can drag our crotch all the way to the finish line.

Oct 20, 2012 at 9:32 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
I agree with Noxid. It also symbolizes how all of us have to work together to succeed. Some of us are the Q, others the W, even the O or P. Alone we are just one part of the leg. Only when we cooperate can we stand on both feet (sort of) and have the potential to reach victory. The game stirred more emotion in me than any of the games mentioned on this site, and earns a place in my top 10.

Oct 21, 2012 at 1:41 AM
Indie game enthusiast
No way... My qwop-erative spirit is lacking... I thought, surely, I'd figure it out pretty quickly... but two hours later I'm lucky to make 12 meters lol

You are QWOP masters???

Anyway, there have been some nice interviews throughout the day, and Iji is coming up in a hour or so... Look for dremar in the chat if you want to ask him something :D

EDIT : IT's over now, so I'll let this topic fade away. But it should be back next year, and if you missed anything, I THINK they are putting up videos somewhere...
Will update if they do~